Barbers Hill 42 Houston Sterling 0/FINAL

BHFAN

Don’t know anything about this team, but will start the studying soon 😃. As I posted on the Crosby thread this district either is so athletic that they can’t stop each other or no one knows how to play defense. Outside of the PNG game BH has been solid on defense, so I hope we can get enough stops to win this game. Sterling will have lots of speed on the field, so the Eagles will need to contain and not let them score quickly.

Funny story.  I remember a Houston Sterling team a few years back that Central played in non district that had an eventual 1,000 yard back and a 1,000 yard receiver.  I was thinking, nah.  But this team came in and put up 40+ points on a strong defense.  Get to find out, that ,Sterling team I believe won district that year and went a few rounds deep in the playoffs.

I know nothing about this year's Sterling team, but wouldn't it be something if this is one of those surprise teams?

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Funny story.  I remember a Houston Sterling team a few years back that Central played in non district that had an eventual 1,000 yard back and a 1,000 yard receiver.  I was thinking, nah.  But this team came in and put up 40+ points on a strong defense.  Get to find out, that ,Sterling team I believe won district that year and went a few rounds deep in the playoffs.

I know nothing about this year's Sterling team, but wouldn't it be something if this is one of those surprise teams?

No it wouldn’t be something, it would suck😂

Ok I'm feeling better about this game. I was looking at their season and they lost to Splendora 35-27 the first game of the year! Other losses include

Elkins 42-9

FB Marshal - 69-21

Manvel 44-26

Willowridge 51-48 in OT

There wins were all blow outs except one Waltrip  24-22. Other wins

Sharpstown 45-0

Northside 49-19

Madison 49-0

Milby 41-0

So they get blown out by the good teams then blow out the poor ones. BH has definitely had the better over-all competition just hasn't played a Marshall or Manvel. BH takes this one 41-14

You probably shouldn’t apply the transitive property to the scores in other districts. Houston Sterling was up by 20 on Willowridge in the 4th quarter before they came back.

BH will probably win but I doubt it’s anything like 41-14, probably closer to 42-35. If you really look at BH’s defense they gives up about 35ppg to spread offenses that can actually execute. You’re also making the assumption that BH is as good as Manvel, FB Marshall and FB Elkins in order to blow them out. Players like Brown make Sterling’s speedy receivers even tougher to deal with. Like I said, I think BH wins but I wouldn’t go into this game thinking you’re going to roll. 

So PNG scores 35 and that’s our new average against spread offenses? 😂 . I assure you i’m not assuming that we are as good as Manvel and Marshal, but I do think our defense is as good our better. I told this to the Crosby faithful before the BH game and got laughs, but be time the game ended the proof was in the pudding. BH held Crosby to 7 while Manvel held you to 27! That was even before your self proclaimed all world QB transfer was playing. 

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

So PNG scores 35 and that’s our new average against spread offenses? 😂 . I assure you i’m not assuming that we are as good as Manvel and Marshal, but I do think our defense is as good our better. I told this to the Crosby faithful before the BH game and got laughs, but be time the game ended the proof was in the pudding. BH held Crosby to 7 while Manvel held you to 27! That was even before your self proclaimed all world QB transfer was playing. 

Magnolia scored 35, Kingwood Park scored 35 and PNG just scored 35. That’s pretty much a 1/3 of your games where you gave up 35 points on a weak schedule. I believe that was Branch’s first game even playing and Dunn played a good portion of the game at qb, he looks completely different now after a few games. BH’s defense was greatly helped by the wind that night too, to the point Crosby didn’t even punt past the sticks one time in the first quarter plus an awful interception. 

Crosby’s defense held PNG to 7 while BH gave up 35. If I do what you did with Crosby and Manvel I can also say BH’s defense isn’t good because PNG only scored 30+ points four times all year. 4A Silsbee, a bad Lee defense, a worse Dayton defense and BH. You’re still judging the way you played off a Crosby team that isn’t very good. There’s a reason BH hasn’t ever won a playoff game in 5A, reality rolls around in November. 

32 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Magnolia scored 35, Kingwood Park scored 35 and PNG just scored 35. That’s pretty much a 1/3 of your games where you gave up 35 points on a weak schedule. I believe that was Branch’s first game even playing and Dunn played a good portion of the game at qb, he looks completely different now after a few games. BH’s defense was greatly helped by the wind that night too, to the point Crosby didn’t even punt past the sticks one time in the first quarter plus an awful interception. 

Crosby’s defense held PNG to 7 while BH gave up 35. If I do what you did with Crosby and Manvel I can also say BH’s defense isn’t good because PNG only scored 30+ points four times all year. 4A Silsbee, a bad Lee defense, a worse Dayton defense and BH. You’re still judging the way you played off a Crosby team that isn’t very good. There’s a reason BH hasn’t ever won a playoff game in 5A, reality rolls around in November. 

I believe Crosby was aided by some windy weather against PNG.   Just wanted to point that out

29 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Ok just want to make sure I got your logic right. Houston Sterling will score 4 more TD’s against BH than Crosby did, man y’all don’t have a chance against Willowridge then. Oh and I believe that was the 3 rd game your QB played when playing BH (or that is what I was told). Also i’m not sure but unless the wind died when BH had the ball I believe we played in the same conditions Crosby did. Oh but I forgot the Refs were really mean to y’all that game, so pretty much we can’t count that game. Goodluck with Willowridge they look to beat y’all by 50 if I have done the math right😂

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You probably shouldn’t apply the transitive property to the scores in other districts. Houston Sterling was up by 20 on Willowridge in the 4th quarter before they came back.

BH will probably win but I doubt it’s anything like 41-14, probably closer to 42-35. If you really look at BH’s defense they gives up about 35ppg to spread offenses that can actually execute. You’re also making the assumption that BH is as good as Manvel, FB Marshall and FB Elkins in order to blow them out. Players like Brown make Sterling’s speedy receivers even tougher to deal with. Like I said, I think BH wins but I wouldn’t go into this game thinking you’re going to roll. 

Watched Brown last week... The kid real deal.

12 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It was a lot of factors that led to a BH win against the COOG'S. The refs played a factor, wind, fear, and coaching. 3 turnovers in the redzone 20 yd line or less in the 1st qt. BH was shutout after that check the scores per qt. Bh never marched the ball down the field. Everytime Crosby did it was flags all over the ground. Thats the best BH could do on a team that did NOT have a Spring nor Offseason Im greatful for BH win! Because it opened up a can of worms. Alot of changes finally occured after that loss. The same Crosby team that beat PNG BH allowed them 30+ points. Crosby scored 59 points on Baytown Lee with the improvements! 

21 minutes ago, GURU said:

It was a lot of factors that led to a BH win against the COOG'S. The refs played a factor, wind, fear, and coaching. 3 turnovers in the redzone 20 yd line or less in the 1st qt. BH was shutout after that check the scores per qt. Bh never marched the ball down the field. Everytime Crosby did it was flags all over the ground. Thats the best BH could do on a team that did NOT have a Spring nor Offseason Im greatful for BH win! Because it opened up a can of worms. Alot of changes finally occured after that loss. The same Crosby team that beat PNG BH allowed them 30+ points. Crosby scored 59 points on Baytown Lee with the improvements! 

What I hear when I read this is according to Guru CODE RED is alive as long as them pesky ref's don't throw any flags and you don't jump out to a 21 point lead. Other than that they won