FB Willowridge vs Crosby

Cougar14.2

15 minutes ago, oldman said:

How comical. So you’ve already been told by the ADMINISTRATION that you cannot dictate who can and cannot talk to you.

I was asking rhetorical question to the membership .  But if you would like to explain to the membership on how you can score 600 yds of offense I’m sure they want to hear your explanation. 

I might just come to the Crosby game Friday and sit by you.  I’m sure you wouldn’t be hard to figure out.

Please don’t report me for making conversation.

Are you threatening me?... Are you a stalker? Serial killer? Whats your motive for coming to a game looking for me??

9 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

Just an old DAWG trolling here, but I can't help but think about some old history anytime I see Willowridge come up.

The DAWGS had a season where they played 13 games, nine of which they shutout the opponent. As they cruised along having given up only 23 points in 12 games life was good. Then came game 13 (regionals back in that day) and they ran into the buzzsaw FB Willowridge lead by someone you all may be familiar with. A young man by the name of Thurman Thomas.   Final score was 34-7.

The following season they were again undefeated until game 13. Though it was a much closer game 10-6 That same buzzsaw got the DAWGS again.

I was at that game and other than the beat down that Jasper got that night the thing that stood out to me was when Reggie ran down Thurman Thomas after Thomas had about a 10 yard lead. Willowridge ended up scoring anyways.

12 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

I will start with there is a saying about the word assume.

Second if you have come to this website for any amount of time you may have seen that I post that statement at least a couple times at  each season.  It just seems to apply in general during the crazy period known as football season. 

Lastly, I have no interest in being involved in any back and forth that may be going on.

Well that clears that up😳

On 11/13/2019 at 5:58 AM, BHFAN said:

Cal prep predicts this game will end 42-28 Crosby 👍

Anybody ever done a comparison of before and after for Cal prep?  

I might whip out a spreadsheet and compare the prediction v. finals this weekend and see how it does.

Site does have Huffman winning every possible matchup......Until Carthage...and then obviously the website is broken and can't be trusted from then on.

12 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

FB Willowridge? Been there beat them....next. Crosby shouldn’t have an issue. 

I hope you’re right but this is a completely different offense personnel wise than the one Ned saw last year. Last season they were a qb run-centric offense, qb wasn’t much of a passer and they didn’t have a good rb. This year they have a 1,000+ yard back and a 6’-4” 220lbs qb to run the zone read with who can also distribute the ball pretty efficiently to his three top receivers. Crosby has to play solid defense plus keep the turnovers and penalties down if they want to win this one. We also have a new variable added when it comes to coaching. 

5 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I hope you’re right but this is a completely different offense personnel wise than the one Ned saw last year. Last season they were a qb run-centric offense, qb wasn’t much of a passer and they didn’t have a good rb. This year they have a 1,000+ yard back and a 6’-4” 220lbs qb to run the zone read with who can also distribute the ball pretty efficiently to his three top receivers. Crosby has to play solid defense plus keep the turnovers and penalties down if they want to win this one. We also have a new variable added when it comes to coaching. 

We are also dealing with a different Crosby than what was at the beginning of the year, starting what? 1-3? And held on to a 2nd district finish, that’s the Crosby that has to show up. While we are on the topic I thought the same about Porter and New Caney, they must be different also because we beat them both and NC twice. I think the “new” Crosby shows up and plays “back against the wall” ball and advances