Lumberton vs Wheatley

RaiderGirl2010

13 minutes ago, raideroldtimer said:

I just hope L-Town opens up sooner than the last game. I almost missed it because I was about to leave at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Interesting fact. Similar game in 1985. LCM was leading the Raiders 14-0 at the 1/2. Just like this past week. It was cold and started sprinkling on the fans and parents. It was a mass exodus. The majority of the crowd started emptying the stands to go home - even parents of players. As usual, because we were “Lumberton “, even the closest to us counted us out.  I remember being so po’d at everyone leaving. I got on one of the benches just before kickoff yelling at all of them to go home. No telling what all I yelled, but I was mad. So were a lot of the other players. We came back and won that game 27-23 I think. Since then, I never throw in the towel on a group of football boys like our team in 1985. We were a lot like our current team. What we may have lacked in some areas, we made up with tenacity, our love for each other and our competitive spirit. Stay til it’s over y’all. Those boys appreciate it whether even they know it or not. Not throwing shade on you ‘Oldtimer, your comment just brought back a memory...

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Interesting fact. Similar game in 1985. LCM was leading the Raiders 14-0 at the 1/2. Just like this past week. It was cold and started sprinkling on the fans and parents. It was a mass exodus. The majority of the crowd started emptying the stands to go home - even parents of players. As usual, because we were “Lumberton “, even the closest to us counted us out.  I remember being so po’d at everyone leaving. I got on one of the benches just before kickoff yelling at all of them to go home. No telling what all I yelled, but I was mad. So were a lot of the other players. We came back and won that game 27-23 I think. Since then, I never throw in the towel on a group of football boys like our team in 1985. We were a lot like our current team. What we may have lacked in some areas, we made up with tenacity, our love for each other and our competitive spirit. Stay til it’s over y’all. Those boys appreciate it whether even they know it or not. Not throwing shade on you ‘Oldtimer, your comment just brought back a memory...

When did you graduate from Lumberton? A Lumberton coach got my uncle a full ride to college in the early 1983 or 1984. He was already committed to another college but the Lumberton coach got him a bigger school. Good luck in the playoffs