Nederland vs Manvel predictions

NHSBulldogFan

Looking over Manvels previous games, they don’t appear to be the loaded Kirk Martin team they were a few years ago. Teams Nederland has gone toe to toe with have come within a score of beating Manvel so.... interesting to see. If Ned can play Manvel like they played Marshall last year I think they can maybe see round 2.

3 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

Looking over Manvels previous games, they don’t appear to be the loaded Kirk Martin team they were a few years ago. Teams Nederland has gone toe to toe with have come within a score of beating Manvel so.... interesting to see. If Ned can play Manvel like they played Marshall last year I think they can maybe see round 2.

Ned lost to Marshall by 40 last year. Why would you want to play Manvel like that? Manvel isn’t loaded like the Kirk Martin teams of the past because Martin is at Syracuse and Alvin ISD built the Shadow Creek Ranch neighborhood their own school instead of having them combined with Manvel. 

Manvel has the best win in the state in 5A-D2. I still think FB Marshall is the best team in the region though. Our 5A’s just don’t match up well with the real contenders this alignment unless you have players like RJ. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Ned lost to Marshall by 40 last year. Why would you want to play Manvel like that? Manvel isn’t loaded like the Kirk Martin teams of the past because Martin is at Syracuse and Alvin ISD built the Shadow Creek Ranch neighborhood their own school instead of having them combined with Manvel. 

Manvel has the best win in the state in 5A-D2. I still think FB Marshall is the best team in the region though. Our 5A’s just don’t match up well with the real contenders this alignment unless you have players like RJ. 

Don’t normally but gotta agree with you

You know what Win or lose get in there and give them hell Ned! BH had no chance against them last year as we limped in with no RB or QB, but the back ups hung with them toe to toe through the half. They pulled away late and we couldn’t keep up, but they weren’t the Goliath that we were lead to believe they were. Hit’em in the mouth, Goodluck 

On 11/9/2019 at 4:36 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Ned was up by 7 at the half is probably what he was referring to. It was a 14 point deficit heading to the 4th and then the wheels fell off....

We won’t be leading this one by 7 at the half!! I’m afraid with the current state of things at NHS that we are in for a long evening.

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

You know what Win or lose get in there and give them hell Ned! BH had no chance against them last year as we limped in with no RB or QB, but the back ups hung with them toe to toe through the half. They pulled away late and we couldn’t keep up, but they weren’t the Goliath that we were lead to believe they were. Hit’em in the mouth, Goodluck 

Unfortunately Uncle Larry isn't on the sidelines anymore and none of these kids were coached by him and it shows. 

On 11/9/2019 at 4:36 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

This was intended to Nederland fans who will get the jest of what i was driving at. I was referring to the way we played until the INT going into the 4th quarter which then set up their run, 3 full quarters into the game and Marshall wasn't blowing anyone out. In other words not going down by 21 plus in the 1st, I'm well aware of where Kirk is now. So the Crosby/ Manvel game was a fluke?

9 hours ago, jake94 said:

Ned was up by 7 at the half is probably what he was referring to. It was a 14 point deficit heading to the 4th and then the wheels fell off....

We won’t be leading this one by 7 at the half!! I’m afraid with the current state of things at NHS that we are in for a long evening.

Precisely what i was referring to.  

3 hours ago, A BUC 77 said:

We knocked off big bad Pearland Dawson a few years ago, but we don't have near weapons we had back then.  We have not played are best all year.  This would be a perfect time to do so.  Manvel is not the team they were back in 17.  It still will be a tall task.

I think Ned has some good weapons this year both RBs and WRs.  O-line was the problem earlier in the year I don't know if that's fixed.   They can't seem to get on the same page though.  Lots of unnecessary penalties and some bad miscues.

Ned in an upset.  Regardless if it 2-0, 7-6, 35-34, or 72-69, Ned pulls the upset.  As I said with PN-G, go line up and play.  What do you have to lose?  Throw the ball around, get the ball to your best play makers, and let it rip.  On defense, get in position, and get as many of your friends to the football as possible.  Just to be sure, ask Delbert Spell to help out.  As far back as I can remember, if Coach Spell called the shots, the Ned defense always played bigger, faster, and better than they actually were personnel-wise.  Even if Ned didn't win, they had a shot.  Just ask him for 3 or 4 hours on the day of the game.

It pains me to type this, but my family relative says I have to do it for good karma, and if I don't do it, that Thanksgiving turkey may taste different because it is her year to host, so, with my eyes closed, I'll type, Go Dogs.  Peace.

Go Indians.  Peace 2x.  🙂