West Orange Stark vs Huntington

monknuk

Greg Tepper made a valid point on Twitter earlier. Because he brought up how playoff season is here but it’s also “4 teams making playoffs is too many” season as well. His answer was Why do those people care so much? How does it impact your life if more kids get to play a meaningful game. Look guys I get it from a competition stand point for almost every #4 vs #1 game. But I get what he is saying. It does give a kid a opportunity to do something special and play in a playoff game. That’s my stance on it

9 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Greg Tepper made a valid point on Twitter earlier. Because he brought up how playoff season is here but it’s also “4 teams making playoffs is too many” season as well. His answer was Why do those people care so much? How does it impact your life if more kids get to play a meaningful game. Look guys I get it from a competition stand point for almost every #4 vs #1 game. But I get what he is saying. It doegive a kid a opportunity to do something special and play in a playoff games . That’s my stance on it

Agree and disagree.3 teams are enough.4th place is just a practice game in most cases.Need to teach you have to earn what your striving for.JMO.

11 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Greg Tepper made a valid point on Twitter earlier. Because he brought up how playoff season is here but it’s also “4 teams making playoffs is too many” season as well. His answer was Why do those people care so much? How does it impact your life if more kids get to play a meaningful game. Look guys I get it from a competition stand point for almost every #4 vs #1 game. But I get what he is saying. It does give a kid a opportunity to do something special and play in a playoff game. That’s my stance on it

And I answered his tweet with this comment:

I guess my issue would be 0-10, 1-9 teams getting in while 6-4, 7-3 teams stay home. I think all districts should have a minimum of 7 teams if you're going to have 4 teams qualify. Right now the current playoff system is more about geography and not about success.

Here's another way to look at it:

Coach A is coach of a team in a district with 7 teams. He has compiled a record of 37 wins and 16 losses over the last 5 years, making the playoffs 1 time, advancing to the 3rd round.

Coach B is a coach in a nearby district (less than 50 miles) that has 4 teams in the district. He has compiled a record of 11 wins and 44 losses, making the playoffs all 5 years, not winning a single playoff game. Coach A has beat Coach B's team soundly all 4 times in non district play. Yet Coach B resume can state he has been to the playoffs 5 times more than Coach A.

I really don't have that big of an issue with 4 teams going as long as every district has a minimum 7 teams. A playoff system (any and every playoff system) should never have 0-10, 1-9 teams qualifying.

I am old school for sure. I don't like this "participation ribbon" society that we have become.

31 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

And I answered his tweet with this comment:

I guess my issue would be 0-10, 1-9 teams getting in while 6-4, 7-3 teams stay home. I think all districts should have a minimum of 7 teams if you're going to have 4 teams qualify. Right now the current playoff system is more about geography and not about success.

Here's another way to look at it:

Coach A is coach of a team in a district with 7 teams. He has compiled a record of 37 wins and 16 losses over the last 5 years, making the playoffs 1 time, advancing to the 3rd round.

Coach B is a coach in a nearby district (less than 50 miles) that has 4 teams in the district. He has compiled a record of 11 wins and 44 losses, making the playoffs all 5 years, not winning a single playoff game. Coach A has beat Coach B's team soundly all 4 times in non district play. Yet Coach B resume can state he has been to the playoffs 5 times more than Coach A.

I really don't have that big of an issue with 4 teams going as long as every district has a minimum 7 teams. A playoff system (any and every playoff system) should never have 0-10, 1-9 teams qualifying.

I am old school for sure. I don't like this "participation ribbon" society that we have become.

I agree with you.