Vidor 50 Dayton 28/FINAL

WOSgrad

Final 50-28. Congrats to the Vidor kids and coaches. I was really impressed with how hard your kids played and the execution was nice. Number 55 at nose was dominating as was most of the team and not afraid to hit for sure. Not sure how old that Simmons kid was but he ran hard and had nice speed. Dayton is 1-22 their last 23 games and it’s hard to watch but I think the kids continued to give good effort even though I’m sure it’s not easy. Oh well glad to see both teams finish injury free and wish all the seniors from both teams the best. 

Congrats Pirates on a hard fought year! 4-3 in District isn’t bad  after loosing your starting QB right before the season started. Those 3 loses were close games deep in the 4th Qtr. Hold your  head up kiddos y’all did a great job this year! If we get bumped down to 4a next year watch out! Go Pirates!

100th win for Coach Mathews, all at Vidor. Quite an impressive legacy and role model for the young men. He was my coach his first year and now he’s coaching my son. The boys played well this season, sadly it’s over. Hate to see this group of Seniors go but we hope to make some noise next year, wherever that may be. 🏀 Bring em out, see y’all on the hardwood.

3 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

100th win for Coach Mathews, all at Vidor. Quite an impressive legacy and role model for the young men. He was my coach his first year and now he’s coaching my son. The boys played well this season, sadly it’s over. Hate to see this group of Seniors go but we hope to make some noise next year, wherever that may be. 🏀 Bring em out, see y’all on the hardwood.

How many years did it take him to get to 100 ?

23 hours ago, bronco pride said:

Final 50-28. Congrats to the Vidor kids and coaches. I was really impressed with how hard your kids played and the execution was nice. Number 55 at nose was dominating as was most of the team and not afraid to hit for sure. Not sure how old that Simmons kid was but he ran hard and had nice speed. Dayton is 1-22 their last 23 games and it’s hard to watch but I think the kids continued to give good effort even though I’m sure it’s not easy. Oh well glad to see both teams finish injury free and wish all the seniors from both teams the best. 

No more true of a statement has ever been said. It is sickening to think how badly they have fallen. It is time to make changes. This isn't working.

16 hours ago, CCRed said:

14 hours ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

B-I-N-G-O ! I have a feeling that you won't get a answer.

" Quite impressive legacy" Politicking AKA Butt Kissing

Since 99-00 so it’s about a .500 average but you have to understand where the program was before he came along. Vidor was BAD, real bad. We had about 20 years of suck, so I’ll gladly take 20 years of average with the occasional excellent season.

You really don’t need to add anything PA, we already know how you feel. You’ve already made that clear all season long. If you know it all go get you 100 wins somewhere as a coach smart ass. And no I don’t need to ‘politic or kiss butt’ to coach Mathews for any reason. Just pointing out something good and like always you find the negatives. Done with this BS until next season thankfully, like I said I’ll be on the basketball forum. ✌️

I understand the disenchantment with the offensive scheme, I agree it needs to be used only about 40% of the time, but as a fellow coach I look at amazement and wonder at the great job Coach Matthews has done there. He is the type of coach I strive to be like, an unselfish servant leader.  Believe me, the fruits of his labor will be seen 10 years down the road as these young men take all his lessons into becoming  a husband and father. This is the REAL reason we coach, also why I’m going back in the fire next year. God told me he needs my sweat equity to enter the next realm. I could see vidor doing a multiple systems offensive approach like Ohio St, gives us defensive coordinator s hell.

21 hours ago, CCRed said:

Too many!! But hey the kids play hard for him which is what you want to see now days because it’s not a gimme. I’ve seen teams quit out on the field. I just think they could add too or be a little more creative with the offense. Like I said earlier kids did a great job competing. They were in a every game till the middle of the 4th quarter. See ya next year Pirates! 

He’s a great coach who has done amazing things with what he has. Honestly, we could have made the playoffs again this year; as, our losses were usually very close games. That was not the conversation before he came along.

And I agree with coach bear, he has made a lasting difference in so many of these boys lives. 

Despite these few naysayers, most of us wouldn’t have it any other way.