2020 Houston Astros

• 2 weeks later...

I though about leaving my Astros because I hate cheating. Then I thought.....how many fans left the Saints for paid cheap shot artists? How many left the Pats for spygate and deflatagate? How many steroid users  have been busted? How many corked bats have been used? How many pitchers have scuffed up a ball? I don’t condone any of these things, but if I stay and Astros fan, who would care?

I will say this, it sure didn’t work during this past WS. We lost every home game so how advantageous can it be?

7 hours ago, baddog said:

I though about leaving my Astros because I hate cheating. Then I thought.....how many fans left the Saints for paid cheap shot artists? How many left the Pats for spygate and deflatagate? How many steroid users  have been busted? How many corked bats have been used? How many pitchers have scuffed up a ball? I don’t condone any of these things, but if I stay and Astros fan, who would care?

I will say this, it sure didn’t work during this past WS. We lost every home game so how advantageous can it be?

Same thoughts runnin thru my head. Life is to short to get caught up on negativity. My grandfather was at the 1st exhibition game in the Astrodome. Cheered them on and never saw them win the WS. The first place I ever went, besides home from the hospital and to see family, was to an Astros game. I'll be Astros fan for life. Just like those who came and went before me.

I wonder if this type of thing  is more or less the norm in the league? Did the Astros just get caught? I'll also be interested to see if it affects next season's success. 

The Patriots got caught cheating but it didn't appear to have much effect on their success.

• 7 months later...
17 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Did you see the pre-game?  If not, that is why I am out.  Will not be preached to and they chose to do so.  Their choice to do so, my choice to not watch.  

What did they do? No I didn't see the pre-game.

BLM shirts worn by people on the field behind home plate.  They were not players or coaches, but were standing between the teams as the lined up in foul territory for introductions.  The black rope holding and kneeling that started yesterday. Morgan Freeman speech I could do without.  Several Mariner players with raised fist during the anthem. I am simply done. 

I didnt see it. This is what I found.

This is the hidden content, please

From the article 

All rose to their feet for the national anthem, recorded by Lyle Lovett and projected on the ballpark video screen. Several Mariners players, including Shed Long Jr., J.P. Crawford and Mallex Smith, raised their fists during the anthem, but none of the Astros did so.

Edited by WOSdrummer99

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Lance McCullers had no hitter until giving up double in the 7th.

I've been missing AJ Hinch. Dusty Baker is a HOF caliber manager. He went up a couple notches on the coolness scale when I heard about his time spent with Jimi Hendrix.

That is cool lol, I didn't know that. 

Hitting coach Alex cintron suspended 20 games for his role in the brawl with As this past weekend. IMO, should have been the rest of the season. Cant do this during normal situations, even worse during pandemic. 

Something else I noticed last night. The number of fans in the seats are increasing. Even had George and Barbara Bush behind home plate.