Huffman Falcons

LTFALCON

Huffman has an opportunity to run the table Friday night. This is one of the best teams to come through Huffman in years. Last time they went undefeated was like 1984. No weakness anywhere on this team. Can Huffman make a deep run into the playoffs? Can they compete with Carthage, i believe will be in the 3rd round? Huge athletic O line that love to pound a run game, which has become the strength of a spread type offense. They can spread you out and chunk the pill. Defensively they are stout! Every single win this season has been by double digits! Is this the year for Huffman? 

I thought the falcons had a chance to win the district but they're better than I thought. I take back my slander that Jasper, Silsbee and WOS would dog walk you.

I would say it depends on how long you can avoid Carthage. Right now, it's a three way fight for second place in the district of doom. Depending on the.march, maybe y'all make some noise.

I wish Huffman only the best.

2 hours ago, FalconsRus said:

Deep run?

we are probably good enough to compete in two rounds. 3 if we get the right draw and all goes well on that night.. But Carthage? It would take MilitarySpecial forces to help us win that game!

#proud2BAmerican 

🤣🤣🤣

On 11/7/2019 at 10:40 AM, LTFALCON said:

Huffman has an opportunity to run the table Friday night. This is one of the best teams to come through Huffman in years. Last time they went undefeated was like 1984. No weakness anywhere on this team. Can Huffman make a deep run into the playoffs? Can they compete with Carthage, i believe will be in the 3rd round? Huge athletic O line that love to pound a run game, which has become the strength of a spread type offense. They can spread you out and chunk the pill. Defensively they are stout! Every single win this season has been by double digits! Is this the year for Huffman? 

I love the enthusiasm you possess for your hometown team. I really do. But you have to be careful to temper enthusiasm with reality. 

1. “No weakness anywhere on this team.” You will be exposed when you play better teams not in your district. For a small fee, I will give you an in depth analysis of Huffman’s weaknesses (more than 2 of them). 
2. “Can they compete with Carthage, i believe will be in the 3rd round?” Simple answer: No - refer to all comments above to the same question.
3. Defensively they are stout! Huffman gave up a total of 39 points to Bridge City and Lumberton combined. That is not stout. HH strength is scoring, not defending in my opinion.

Hoping for the best representation of our district by all 4 playoff teams. Can’t wait to see how it all plays out tonight!

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I love the enthusiasm you possess for your hometown team. I really do. But you have to be careful to temper enthusiasm with reality. 

1. “No weakness anywhere on this team.” You will be exposed when you play better teams not in your district. For a small fee, I will give you an in depth analysis of Huffman’s weaknesses (more than 2 of them). 
2. “Can they compete with Carthage, i believe will be in the 3rd round?” Simple answer: No - refer to all comments above to the same question.
3. Defensively they are stout! Huffman gave up a total of 39 points to Bridge City and Lumberton combined. That is not stout. HH strength is scoring, not defending in my opinion.

Hoping for the best representation of our district by all 4 playoff teams. Can’t wait to see how it all plays out tonight!

Thank you for your response and your opinions. Do i personally think they cant be Carthage, Probably not. But getting to that third round and given the opportunity sure beats the heck out of watching basketball already! Huffman is excited about their boys. Not many teams can say they went 10--0. I dont care if its a PISPPOOR district or not. Good luck to all teams!

45 minutes ago, LTFALCON said:

Thank you for your response and your opinions. Do i personally think they cant be Carthage, Probably not. But getting to that third round and given the opportunity sure beats the heck out of watching basketball already! Huffman is excited about their boys. Not many teams can say they went 10--0. I dont care if its a PISPPOOR district or not. Good luck to all teams!

I can’t disagree with a single word above. 

18 hours ago, BattlinBear02 said:

great season for huffman. they are good for sure. but i dont see anyone from our district competing with carthage

Stranger things have happened.

I was at that Crosby/Manvel game last year. If I would have put $1000 up for a Crosby win before that game, a lot of you guys would have jumped on it.  Carthage has to make it to round 3 just like Huffman does.  That is two chances for them to get shocked. (That is my Pie-in-the-Sky moment, leave me be.)

The Huffman defense is good.  Most of the points against them this year were against their backups.  LCM put them on their heels with a pick six then a good drive but then HH shut them down twice with LCM having first and goal.  I missed the Bridge City game so I can't comment there.  But...correct me if I am wrong...the starting defense has given up 2, maybe 3 TD's all year.  Is that right?  

Let me jump over there and look at the points allowed by Carthage this year.......never mind. (88pts allowed this season....yikes)

Huffman is a better team than last year.  They have to make it to that 3rd round too.  Then it is going to be time to put up or shut up.

It's a fun time of year, the only thing we know for certain....it will not go according to plan. 

2 hours ago, texbuzz said:

Stranger things have happened.

I was at that Crosby/Manvel game last year. If I would have put $1000 up for a Crosby win before that game, a lot of you guys would have jumped on it.  Carthage has to make it to round 3 just like Huffman does.  That is two chances for them to get shocked. (That is my Pie-in-the-Sky moment, leave me be.)

The Huffman defense is good.  Most of the points against them this year were against their backups.  LCM put them on their heels with a pick six then a good drive but then HH shut them down twice with LCM having first and goal.  I missed the Bridge City game so I can't comment there.  But...correct me if I am wrong...the starting defense has given up 2, maybe 3 TD's all year.  Is that right?  

Let me jump over there and look at the points allowed by Carthage this year.......never mind. (88pts allowed this season....yikes)

Huffman is a better team than last year.  They have to make it to that 3rd round too.  Then it is going to be time to put up or shut up.

It's a fun time of year, the only thing we know for certain....it will not go according to plan. 

you're absolutely right...stranger things have happened...as they say, "any given sunday"