COLLEGE BASKETBALL IS HERE!!!

AggiesAreWe

23 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I'm expecting 

6 Texas
11 A&M/Indiana

I called a 6/11 UT/ags matchup.  Would’ve been great.  Selection committee had the ags as the 4th team out.  I thought played their way in at the end of the season, but like you said, lose 8 straight and you leave it in the hands of the committee 

33 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

8 game losing streak cost them, but they aren’t the same team now.  Ags are better than a lot of teams in 

I’m guessing there are a lot of teams in that A&M would be a favorite over.  A lot.  Conference tournaments should matter because it lets you know who the hot teams are.  Pretty horrible snub. 

34 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Im not picking my own squads to win it. (UK and Arkansas) 

So who wins the natty?

I like Arizona for two reasons - their path isn't as challenging as the other #1 seeds and they're playing really well. Tommy Lloyd just might be the guy that gets them to the title game every 6-8 years. He's young and a great coach. 

24 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I like Arizona for two reasons - their path isn't as challenging as the other #1 seeds and they're playing really well. Tommy Lloyd just might be the guy that gets them to the title game every 6-8 years. He's young and a great coach. 

I like them too if Kerr really is able to come back healthy.  I also like Gonzaga.  They have  the right combination of young studs and seasoned vets. 

21 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Kerr out. Never liked Zona. I rather USC than Zona. 

• 2 weeks later...

2022 five-star Anthony Black has committed to Arkansas, he tells @On3Recruits.

Eric Musselman has assembled a six-man class, including three McDonalds’ All-Americans. 

Story:

This is the hidden content, please

I'll say it now: Arkansas will start as preseason #1 for the 2022-23 season. Muss getting ready to get it rolling in Fayetteville like Nolan Richardson had it going. 

Hogs just added 6'9 Mizzou transfer Trevon Brazile. Adds depth to the frontcourt. Hogs are looking at adding another big (specifically a certain one who played for Utah Valley).  

Muss is doing WORK. 

---------------------------

UK and Arkansas All-Americans looked good last night in the McDonald's game. I think both squads are in good hands for next season. 

On 3/28/2022 at 7:16 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

2022 five-star Anthony Black has committed to Arkansas, he tells @On3Recruits.

Eric Musselman has assembled a six-man class, including three McDonalds’ All-Americans. 

Story:

I'll say it now: Arkansas will start as preseason #1 for the 2022-23 season. Muss getting ready to get it rolling in Fayetteville like Nolan Richardson had it going. 

You called it.

Louisiana Tech's Kenneth Lofton Jr. enters transfer portal

Read the article. 

There's 2 places I wouldn't be surprised if he lands at: UofH or Arkansas. I still think he's ready for the NBA though. 

On 4/8/2022 at 5:06 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Louisiana Tech's Kenneth Lofton Jr. enters transfer portal

Read the article. 

There's 2 places I wouldn't be surprised if he lands at: UofH or Arkansas. I still think he's ready for the NBA though. 

I would love for him to go to Texas and dominate.

But it would be a lot of fun seeing him going to A&M and play with Hefner….  

On 4/10/2022 at 2:50 AM, navydawg31 said:

I would love for him to go to Texas and dominate.

But it would be a lot of fun seeing him going to A&M and play with Hefner….  

He's going to do well wherever he lands, but I think UT and A&M make more sense just from a playing time perspective. UH and Arkansas are going to be loaded with talent next season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Per SI...

Jay Wright is retiring at Villanova… the latest in a massive changing of the guard in college basketball. 

Many coaches expected Wright to help lead the profession with Coach K, Roy retiring. Instead, Jay’s joining them.

Fordham University coach Kyle Neptune is expected to be the choice to succeed two-time NCAA champion Jay Wright as the new head coach of Villanova, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.