HF lost one of our most passionate supporters

Englebert

We lost Hornsfan86 last week to a fatal car wreck. He was one of the most loyal and passionate fans around. You could count on one hand the number of Hamshire-Fannett games we have missed in the last 30+ years...through rain, shine, sleet or...well, I don't remember any snow. I had to chuckle when talking to a bunch of friends this week. More than one person told me that when they got to the football game, they would look in the stands to find us...then proceeded to the other end of the stands.

We didn't call each to other to asked if we were going to the game, we just asked what time do you want to go. Even after Harvey and Imelda, in which both of our houses were flooded, the conversation was still "what time are you going to pick me up to head to the game". 

I'm not sure how many people on here knew him, as he did not engage too much on this forum. But every ref that has called a Hamshire-Fannett game has surely heard him. But after the game, on the ride back home, our conversations were strictly on who we were playing the next game. He did not dwell on play calling, referee calls, or plays made or not made. 

Prayers to his wife and three kids. RIP Hornsfan86...you will be missed.