Most Disappointing Team 2019

oldman

50 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

What I was told in the past is that when GCM was driving down I-10, past at least 2 schools (Dayton and BH), to play in the Golden Triangle, that BH pushed to not be in a district with GCM and REL. Take it for what it's worth.

and an alignment before it was said we pushed Dayton into being with the Beaumont teams so we didn't have to be.  Rumors are always out there.  I don't think we would of picked to be with PNG even with Roshon only being there one year since they are a powerhouse.  Financially it would be better to be with Baytown schools and we had a mini rivalry starting with GCM that was fun.  As a fan I wish all the teams in the district were close as it would help fan attendance, especially for those sports where they play on Tuesdays also (Basketball, Volleyball, etc.).

57 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

What I was told in the past is that when GCM was driving down I-10, past at least 2 schools (Dayton and BH), to play in the Golden Triangle, that BH pushed to not be in a district with GCM and REL. Take it for what it's worth.

Who would not love that district. It would make the girls games better!!

9 hours ago, MrUmp1 said:

Cleveland Browns, media was crowning them Super Bowl Champs before season. Now for High School, I really think overall the Golden Triangle teams are down. A few bright spots but we could see quite a few teams out after 2nd week of playoffs. Deep East Texas teams I see going very deep are San Augustine and Newton.

I’ll be at Shelbyville to watch them play San Augustine Friday night

29 minutes ago, Hagar said:

WOS was disappointing to me.  Only from the perspective of them spoiling us going 10-0 so much.  Still a real good team.  I’d put Silsbee in there also.  Really thought the Tigers would have a break out year.

Well, to WO-S standards, i see your point. They will win district and Makeba deep run.  So not really disappointment.  Silsbee as well.  They will finish #2, just like last year and they also have the talent and firepower to go deep.  I dont think neither one can say disappointing season. Depending on how you look at it, I guess...

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, to WO-S standards, i see your point. They will win district and Makeba deep run.  So not really disappointment.  Silsbee as well.  They will finish #2, just like last year and they also have the talent and firepower to go deep.  I dont think neither one can say disappointing season. Depending on how you look at it, I guess...

As long as one of them burns down Jasper in the third round (assuming Jasper is still around) I'll be content.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Sure.  And you’re right, both had good seasons.  You understand WOS, and for me personally, I just expected Silsbee to really have a Super year.   One more thing, overall, both could end up ultimately having a Super Year.  The old Fat Lady won’t be singing for them for a while.

23 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Sure.  And you’re right, both had good seasons.  You understand WOS, and for me personally, I just expected Silsbee to really have a Super year.   One more thing, overall, both could end up ultimately having a Super Year.  The old Fat Lady won’t be singing for them for a while.

Well said...

1 hour ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

It was a combination of their great start to the season and PAM & Ned not being what they normally are. I just know what United is capable of and I had high expectations for them making the playoffs.

The coaching carousel and a drop to 5A will hopefully help for next year...

I'm assuming that many wasnt paying attention when I initially posted this.   Early College Beaumont is its own entity.   Those kids are NOT allowed to participate in any extra curricular  activities for West Brook or United,  therefore, those numbers are NOT used.  And besides, currently there is not really high numbers in the EC.  

In conclusion, the numbers that was turned in for United AND  West Brook were accurate.  

10 hours ago, Bugatti said:

United is not dropping to 5A. They turned in numbers that didn't  include pathways or Early College 

Well I doubt the BISD AD would give me wrong information as I sat in his office on October 25th before the LaPorte game...

7 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm assuming that many wasnt paying attention when I initially posted this.   Early College Beaumont is its own entity.   Those kids are NOT allowed to participate in any extra curricular  activities for West Brook or United,  therefore, those numbers are NOT used.  And besides, currently there is not really high numbers in the EC.  

In conclusion, the numbers that was turned in for United AND  West Brook were accurate.  

And like Soulja said, Early College is it's own separate campus.  That is why at school board meetings they refer to Beaumont as having 3 high schools...