Mid County Madness predictions 2019

NHSBulldogFan

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Well, we here at SETXsports need to be a little more "open" minded.

IMO, our Game of the Week isn't just about rivalry and history. Should be what the best or most important game is on the slate.

Don't get me wrong, love the game. But I will never vote it as our game of the week if neither are making the playoffs or both have losing seasons.

BTW, I voted for the New Caney/Porter game.

I say pick who you think is the best match-up, has no bearing on what goes down in Mid County, the Madness is more inside the communities than any pub from outside.  

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

I think you are overestimating the amount of people that care what game is our game of the week.  

There aren’t many high school games that people camp out for 2 nights to get tickets.  That reminds me, I have 4 extra tickets.  Where should I start the bidding?

If I were you I wouldn't pay more than $50 to unload em. I'll take the tickets off your hands, but it'll cost you $40 or $10 a piece. Someone's already said they'd take em for $25 so I m guaranteed a $15 profit.

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

I think you are overestimating the amount of people that care what game is our game of the week. 

Mack, you are absolutely right about that.  In fact, if you ask folks here what is the game of the week, I would lay odds that the answer to that question would depend on the school that they went to or that members of their family attend or have attended.  That is true whether the game is the SETXsports.com, KFDM, KBMT or Beaumont Enterprise Game of the Week (if they even do one).

No one here is saying that the MCM should be ignored or should not get the lion's share of attention the week it gets played.  It is just that more and more, folks are beginning to wonder if the attention that a game between 2 teams who have not lifted a championship trophy in 42 years gets is, well, excessive.  Of course, it will be the center of attention here because PN-G and Nederland comprise 2 of (if not the two largest) fan bases on this site.

But to say it can't be matched in intensity does a disservice that I don't care to involved in.

3 hours ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

MCM never really had a rivalry feel to it because it lacks intensity. Rivalries are more about hating the opposing team and these two love the dickens out of each other.  It feels more like a family get together or a carnival.

You must not be on Twitter. Definitely not friendly fire.

4 hours ago, Coach 01 said:

So you know he is about to break a record, You have it down to the exact number of yards he needs to break it, but have "no idea" who the current record holder is? Hmmm. Thanks for the info, you sound like you know what your talking about.

I wanna say current holder is Kirby Bellow 2008 season.