Mid County Madness predictions 2019

NHSBulldogFan

Good morning people, hope everyone is having a great morning, I have already parked my Yugo in the nearest ditch to the Bulldog field. Setzers has mud boots on sale BOGO. And PNG just received a pallet full of Tide for cleanup. The trailer behind my YUGO, which is locked, contains all organic Powder. Hope to see everyone at the Mud Bowl. Nederland wins by 7 scores. Gonna bump my letter size a lil bit to see how far I can take it!!!!! Go Barbies Hill!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, DeuceSixSuited said:

Ned QB has a chance to make history tonight. I believe he is only 92 passing yards away from breaking the single season passing yards record. This might have been talked about already, but it needed to be brought up! What a great young man that deserves this! He will have the record by the end of the 1st Quarter! Let’s go B! 

Actually he's already broken the single season mark set by Blaysin Fernandez a few years back 

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I've often wondered if PN-G and Nederland had losing records and both teams were going to miss playoffs, would Mid County Madness still be the game of the week for our local media outlets?

Easily the best rivalry in SETX by a mile.  One of the best in the state.  No matter the week, the records, or the implications, it would be my game of the week.   We just don’t have another one like.  Heck, I even saw a tweet from Wade Phillips about it today.  

9 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Easily the best rivalry in SETX by a mile.  One of the best in the state.  No matter the week, the records, or the implications, it would be my game of the week.   We just don’t have another one like.  Heck, I even saw a tweet from Wade Phillips about it today.  

Well, we here at SETXsports need to be a little more "open" minded.

IMO, our Game of the Week isn't just about rivalry and history. Should be what the best or most important game is on the slate.

Don't get me wrong, love the game. But I will never vote it as our game of the week if neither are making the playoffs or both have losing seasons.

BTW, I voted for the New Caney/Porter game.

3 minutes ago, Coach 01 said:

So you know he is about to break a record, You have it down to the exact number of yards he needs to break it, but have "no idea" who the current record holder is? Hmmm. Thanks for the info, you sound like you know what your talking about.

I mean, I read the article. The article did not have the current record holder is. I know what I am talking about most of the time lol

38 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

IMO, our Game of the Week isn't just about rivalry and history. Should be what the best or most important game is on the slate.

Don't get me wrong, love the game. But I will never vote it as our game of the week if neither are making the playoffs or both have losing seasons.

I don't think even open minded setx/409 area high school football fans would ever care about a new caney vs. porter game. 

45 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Under the right circumstances, WOS/Silsbee may be the only matchup that could take game of the week from MCM. 

IMO

12 minutes ago, Coach 01 said:

So you know he is about to break a record, You have it down to the exact number of yards he needs to break it, but have "no idea" who the current record holder is? Hmmm. Thanks for the info, you sound like you know what your talking about.

He knows about as much as the paper

IMAGE 2 OF 12
1. Nederland quarterback to make history 

Senior quarterback Bryce McMorris has a chance to break the Nederland single regular-season total passing yards record. McMorris enters Friday’s game having completed 120-of-209 passes for 1,903 total yards. No Nederland quarterback has thrown for more than 2,000 yards in the regular season, according to Nederland head coach Monte Barrow. McMorris has averaged 211 passing yards per game through the first nine games, which would be more than enough to get the record if he can maintain that production against PN-G.

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, Razor said:

Good thing that your scenario hardly ever happens, AAW...it been a while since NEITHER team was in playoff position

NC and Porter will be a great game, no doubt, but it wont sniff they intensity and excitement of MCM

I might use "pageantry and "history" rather than "intensity and excitement" as the clause that you used really does a disservce to the other athletes in the area.

Take for example the NC/Porter game.  These two schools, which share a school board and a stadium, will be competing for a district title.  While the current playoff format takes some of the emphasis off of a DC, that means a lot to the schools competing for it. 

Further, there are schools all over the area that are playing tonight to not only gain a DC, but are playing to extend their football seasons and, as for the case of some of these young men, their football careers.  Are you really meaning to imply that those who are involved in those games will be any less "intense" or "excited" than the folks in Nederland tonight?

Don't get me wrong, Mid County Madness is a huge part of football not only in Southeast Texas, but in the entire state.  Thus, it should be a celebrated game and it will be here at SETXsports.com.  However, it has seemed more and more that other football in the area is basically ignored the week of Mid County Madness and many of folks outside of the city limits of Port Neches, Groves and Nederland are beginning to resent that.

12 minutes ago, Coach 01 said:

McMorris is the current record holder. He’s 92 yards away from being the first Nederland QB to throw for 2000 yards in a season 

3 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I might use "pageantry and "history" rather than "intensity and excitement" as the clause that you used really does a disservce to the other athletes in the area.

Take for example the NC/Porter game.  These two schools, which share a school board and a stadium, will be competing for a district title.  While the current playoff format takes some of the emphasis off of a DC, that means a lot to the schools competing for it. 

Further, there are schools all over the area that are playing tonight to not only gain a DC, but are playing to extend their football seasons and, as for the case of some of these young men, their football careers.  Are you really meaning to imply that those who are involved in those games will be any less "intense" or "excited" than the folks in Nederland tonight?

Don't get me wrong, Mid County Madness is a huge part of football not only in Southeast Texas, but in the entire state.  Thus, it should be a celebrated game and we will be here at SETXsports.com.  However, it has seemed more and more that other football in the area is basically ignored the week of Mid County Madness and many of folks outside of the city limits of Port Neches, Groves and Nederland are beginning to resent that.

I think you are correct  The other teams will be less intense and excited than the PNG and NED teams. town, fans, etc...

That's why there was a documentary on FOX about the game

I think a lot of folks resent PNG and NED because of their great sprit, tradition, etc...

That's why in previous years there has been kids transfer into PNG and NED for that reason.

It's kind of like the Dallas Cowboys, Ali, Trump, etc... others are envious of people who are successful year in and year out

12 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

How many active posters do we have from New Caney-Porter vs Ned-PNG?

Your “Real Game of the Week” thread is still on the 1st page.  MCM is on page 11 and counting.  

But that's the point. If we don't show some love to teams outside of the 409, then that interest will stay low.

The prediction thread for MCM was going to be active regardless if it was our GOW or not. That really should have no bearing on what is decided here as GOW.

Everyone knows how big of a game the MCM game is year to year. One of the best rivalry games in the state. But just to automatically make it the GOW without considering other factors is a disservice to our other teams we cover.

Here's a hypothetical that I would like some of our local media peeps to comment on. What if United and West Brook were playing this week for a district championship? Would MCM still be their GOW?

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

But that's the point. If we don't show some love to teams outside of the 409, then that interest will stay low.

The prediction thread for MCM was going to be active regardless if it was our GOW or not. That really should have no bearing on what is decided here as GOW.

Everyone knows how big of a game the MCM game is year to year. One of the best rivalry games in the state. But just to automatically make it the GOW without considering other factors is a disservice to our other teams we cover.

Here's a hypothetical that I would like some of our local media peeps to comment on. What if United and West Brook were playing this week for a district championship? Would MCM still be their GOW?

I think you are overestimating the amount of people that care what game is our game of the week.  

There aren’t many high school games that people camp out for 2 nights to get tickets.  That reminds me, I have 4 extra tickets.  Where should I start the bidding?

13 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You are absolutely correct on the other GOWs match ups You know how weird PNG and NED fans are

when I was in school TJ, Lincoln and French were big

1 minute ago, PhatMack19 said:

I think you are overestimating the amount of people that care what game is our game of the week.  

There aren’t many high school games that people camp out for 2 nights to get tickets.  That reminds me, I have 4 extra tickets.  Where should I start the bidding?

I am just speaking on principle. Some decisions shouldn't be about "pleasing the masses".

I completely understand that what we have as our GOW will not change the landscape of how people think around here. I just think that the MCM game shouldn't be an "automatic" every year.

Really wouldn’t make a difference either way... This game sells itself, with or without game of the week status... I’m gonna miss Home Field advantage, aka natural grass. I voted for turf but it was never a necessity imo. I’m all for any upgrades to  our schools and facilities.