Deer Park 35 Beaumont West Brook 27/FINAL

WOSgrad

I had lots of bad stuff to say about this, but looking at it from WB's perspective,  I'm not that mad anymore.  It's  the coach's job to keep the kid's beat interest in mind.  They get the favorable bracket with a home playoff game.  I understand, but dont agree.  I wish WB well in their quest.   It's just now, the high standards and respect I had for the WB coaching staff just went down a tad bit.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I had lots of bad stuff to say about this, but looking at it from WB's perspective,  I'm not that mad anymore.  It's  the coach's job to keep the kid's beat interest in mind.  They get the favorable bracket with a home playoff game.  I understand, but dont agree.  I wish WB well in their quest.   It's just now, the high standards and respect I had for the WB coaching staff just went down a tad bit.

Im laughing. Whew lawd. Glad im moving soon

All this whining about what happened in this game is white noise.  The last post  i started about should WB avoid D1at all cost is more about how good Atascocita is than anything else.  When you see what Atascocita does to Deer Park, last night will look a genius move.   They playing a bad team in Kingwood that has no offense and are very slow on defense.  They basically have a bye into the second round.  Facts of the matter are.  They wasn’t going to win District and now they have a home game.    I would bet my entire paycheck in the Kingwood game.    I would not feel comfortable doing that against Atascocita.   Anybody on here feel like Kingwood has a chance hit me up so  i can take your money.   Great win Deer Park enjoy it  because  you won’t see round 2.   

I see the WB Coach getting all the blame.  Is it possible the kids decided to lose it to go farther in the playoffs?  A few dropped passes here - a few missed tackles there....    Bottom line, Coach’s fault, players fault, just lost the freaking game, it’s to WB advantage for a longer playoff run.   

Go Bruins.

1 hour ago, setxhoopsfan said:

All this whining about what happened in this game is white noise.  The last post  i started about should WB avoid D1at all cost is more about how good Atascocita is than anything else.  When you see what Atascocita does to Deer Park, last night will look a genius move.   They playing a bad team in Kingwood that has no offense and are very slow on defense.  They basically have a bye into the second round.  Facts of the matter are.  They wasn’t going to win District and now they have a home game.    I would bet my entire paycheck in the Kingwood game.    I would not feel comfortable doing that against Atascocita.   Anybody on here feel like Kingwood has a chance hit me up so  i can take your money.   Great win Deer Park enjoy it  because  you won’t see round 2.   

Atascocita is good but they beat who they are supposed to beat. Watch closely how they lay down against NS or Katy 

34 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I see the WB Coach getting all the blame.  Is it possible the kids decided to lose it to go farther in the playoffs?  A few dropped passes here - a few missed tackles there....    Bottom line, Coach’s fault, players fault, just lost the freaking game, it’s to WB advantage for a longer playoff run.   

Go Bruins.

They miss tackles regardless. That defense is wtp 

I’m sure the coaching staff spent all last weekend and week away from their families coming up with a game plan to lose the game. WRONG. I spent the last 2 years as apart of this coaching staff and I can tell you that the guys on that staff are some of the best men and coaches your kids could be around. From what I’m seeing, the team had an off night and that happens. Seems like more people are mad that WB has the chance to be successful in the playoffs again. I’m not from Beaumont but WB is my school now and good luck to my boys and this coaching staff. Hope I get to a playoff game. BGOE

1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

How many people will be complaining if WB makes another run at state this year?

What we really need is a 7A class. Then we shouldn't have to worry about this stupid system.

You don't need a 7A. Just need to split 6A into divisional districts like the other classifications have been split.

26 minutes ago, TheOutsider said:

I’m sure the coaching staff spent all last weekend and week away from their families coming up with a game plan to lose the game. WRONG. I spent the last 2 years as apart of this coaching staff and I can tell you that the guys on that staff are some of the best men and coaches your kids could be around. From what I’m seeing, the team had an off night and that happens. Seems like more people are mad that WB has the chance to be successful in the playoffs again. I’m not from Beaumont but WB is my school now and good luck to my boys and this coaching staff. Hope I get to a playoff game. BGOE

Give Deer Park some credit to they needed to win that game to keep their spot in the playoff hunt.  Now they can prepare for the playoffs since they clinched.  

29 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Lol, I get the impression this loss made your day.  😂😂😂😂😂😂.  Somebody gonna be listening to some, “I told ya so.”  

It's not that they loss cause i actually like the way WB plays, it's the fact that they pulled a Temple. Lol. 

They better not lose 1st round or imma be chomping at the bit on here. 

So the lesson taught last night was integrity and morals account for very little in the  times we live in now. Michael Jackson said it best "CHANGE" starts with the Man in the mirror. Curious if he can look at himself in the mirror this morning. A true champion dont tuck theirs tails and take a whipping to live another day to face a lesser challenge  then chest bump each other and be proud. Good luck to the players and their quest to accomplish what was done last year. Lose to win another day what a message to send to young adults. jmo  

8 hours ago, TheOutsider said:

Come On Man lol, Off night and a scoreless second half against then 5-3 Deer Park. Hopefully "People" arent mad that WB has a chance to make another run at D2-6A Title but somewhat surprised the path they chose. Never underestimate the Heart of a true Champion. 

18 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Stats of West Brook Super Stars vs Deer Park:

How is this TANKING 

troyfor6_ went 26-41 for 305 yads and 2 TDs bringing his season totals to 2287 yrds & 21 TDs!

thadjohnson0 9 catches for 142 & 2TDs bringing his totals to 61 catches for 968 yrds and 12 total TDs

JoeyPierre_ went 6 catches for 89 yrds & 1 TD (season totals 29 for 636 & 6TDs)

38 minutes ago, Bugatti said:

Stats of West Brook Super Stars vs Deer Park:

How is this TANKING 

troyfor6_ went 26-41 for 305 yads and 2 TDs bringing his season totals to 2287 yrds & 21 TDs!

thadjohnson0 9 catches for 142 & 2TDs bringing his totals to 61 catches for 968 yrds and 12 total TDs

JoeyPierre_ went 6 catches for 89 yrds & 1 TD (season totals 29 for 636 & 6TDs)

Lol. Yup

23 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Lol. Yup

Why, because it was all in the 1st half? 😂  After #11 Anderson long td run got called back midway thru the 2nd it seem like the offense hit a wall. Stud QB and Starter Yowman played the remainder of the 2nd qtr, all of the 3rd and 4th qtr but the offense failed to score any points. Tons of passes and a lot of quick 3 and outs.  No tanking. Just wasn't their night buddy