Deer Park 35 Beaumont West Brook 27/FINAL

WOSgrad

I'm sorry if I sound kind of harsh....But I refuse to believe that Brook didnt tank. This is a team that's runs through everybody and even showed big play ability against North Shore....There is no way in hell I believe that Deer Park is better than Westbrook....I refuse to believe that they gave up 27 points in the first half and then magically found it easy to hold THAT WESTBROOK OFFENSE scoreless in the 2nd half.Β 

#RunFromD1

Β 

5 minutes ago, rc2182 said:

No respect for a team to literally throw a game, play the best to be the best. Khrama would be for them to lose to 1st team they play in D2.

Completely 100% agree. If you legitimately play hard, and lose to a lesser team, then you dont deserve to represent 21-6A in the playoffs. If you intentionally throw a game in order to improve your playoff standing, then you're a schmuck, and you have no integrity, and you shouldn't represent 21-6A. By losing, WB ensured DP going D1,and WB goes the weaker D2, guaranteeing a longer playoff run. Either way, the Bruins shouldn't have lost to the Deer. Its despicable.Β 

When WB is several rounds deep in D2 playoffs. WB fans will be glad they lost this game. WB can't survive in Division 1, everyone knows that. If they lost on purpose they played it safe to give themselves the best opportunity to make a deep run in the playoffs. Once again, 2 weeks from now this loss means nothing to WB fans.

2 minutes ago, The Lake said:

When WB is several rounds deep in D2 playoffs. WB fans will be glad they lost this game. WB can't survive in Division 1, everyone knows that. If they lost on purpose they played it safe to give themselves the best opportunity to make a deep run in the playoffs. Once again, 2 weeks from now this loss means nothing to WB fans.

Telling kids to let them score means nothing.Im not rising no cowards.I don't care how for you go in the playoffs.You win like a man.You lose like a man

2 minutes ago, Wb Ray said:

Telling kids to let them score means nothing.Im not rising no cowards.I don't care how for you go in the playoffs.You win like a man.You lose like a man

I agree. Losing on purpose should never have to come into the equation, but I'm pretty sure high school players would rather make it to state rather thanΒ getting knocked out in the first round. I wish the UIL would change how 6A does it to prevent this from happening.

5 minutes ago, Wb Ray said:

I completely agree, wouldn't want my kid to be apart of any program that doesn't give 100% at all times regardless of who you play, like WOS that is the difference of what they teach and why their mentalityΒ  is totally different than other teams regarding football .Not a WB fan ,but I think I could have seen myself pulling for them a lot more had the results been different.Β 

4 minutes ago, rc2182 said:

I completely agree, wouldn't want my kid to be apart of any program that doesn't give 100% at all times regardless of who you play, like WOS that is the difference of what they teach and why their mentalityΒ  is totally different than other teams regarding football .Not a WB fan ,but I think I could have seen myself pulling for them a lot more had the results been different.Β 

That's just how wb is.They don't play to win.They don't play the best kids its more your in the higher grade so its your time to play

6 minutes ago, rc2182 said:

Are you a United fanΒ 

1 hour ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Wow, I never thought I'd see the day West Brook intentionally threw a game in order to better their playoff game position. If you say they didnt throw the game, and actually played them hard, then my opinion of this team went in the toilet, and we should simply bow out of the playoffs in order to save face, because we suck. What the hell is going on over on Phelan Blvd?

I repeat class of 2019 was said to be the best class since the 82 class going in to high school.I could have coached that team and Won State.Don't crown him king like i said

10 minutes ago, Kowboy98 said:

Brook went undefeatedΒ in 91-92 w James Brown. Lost in first rd both years. Aldine McArthur and Eisenhower. I have a feeling with this alleged tanking we may be out in the first once again lolΒ 

Those mid 80s and early 90’s Aldine teams were nothing to mess with. Lol!

13 minutes ago, Bugatti said:

1st round Playoffs are setΒ 

D1.Β  #2 Dobie @ #1 North ShoreΒ 

D1. #2 Deer Park @ #1 AtascocitaΒ 

Β 

D2. #2 Kingwood @ #1Β West BrookΒ Β 

D2. #2 C.E King @ #1 HumbleΒ 

Hate to say I bet in a highschool game but with an inside source telling me about what was gonna happen I madeΒ  a nice wager that payed off. In the exact words of the wiseman" If I tell you the moon is made of cheese just bring the crackers and were in our way." Appreciate it Coach cause the light billΒ Β water bill and gas money for the month just got paid by noon...I know your reading so what's the word for next week?...Call me