Splendora 14 Lumberton 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

59 minutes ago, Raider27 said:

To be honest, it’s all coaching. Kids are just doing what they are told. Babin is leaving after this season. They just need a whole new coaching staff. None of them are worth a piece of crap

I went to school with 3 of them and played for Babin, the only one not worth a crap is you for posting something like that. All of them are knowledgeable and passionate about the game and the kids. Lumberton is lacking in talent not coaching.

So why don’t you tell the whole story and let everyone know that we lost both our options at qb tonight due to injury, both of those happen to be our better runners as well. False starts aren’t really helping us either. But yeah, “crappy coaching” is our problem. Whatever dude.

Heres some numbers for you and you tell me how these piece of craps are doing: 

5 years prior to Babin taking over: 9-41, no playoff appearances.

Since Babin, 25-24 with three playoffs trips, plus one this year. One of those in 5A.

This piece of crap coaching staff is getting more kids involved in football than in the past several years in Lumberton, and we are no longer a pushover like we have been in the past. But when people like you set your expectations so high in Lumberton that’s when a good coach who is improving the program gets run off, and then we end up be irrelevant until the next decent coach decides to take over. Which may be never again at this point.

53 minutes ago, Dirtyred1969 said:

It would be great if we could get back to the offense we had in 5A that took us deep in the playoffs a couple of years in a row. Great running game, but also a passing game that helped keep defenses honest. Didn't hurt having that awesome offensive line and brutal defense then. Be nice to get that back.

We don’t have a Rhodes, Thomas, Ward, or Upshaw on this team. That’s why. We have no true playmakers 

33 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I went to school with 3 of them and played for Babin, the only one not worth a crap is you for posting something like that. All of them are knowledgeable and passionate about the game and the kids. Lumberton is lacking in talent not coaching.

So why don’t you tell the whole story and let everyone know that we lost both our options at qb tonight due to injury, both of those happen to be our better runners as well. False starts aren’t really helping us either. But yeah, “crappy coaching” is our problem. Whatever dude.

Heres some numbers for you and you tell me how these piece of craps are doing: 

5 years prior to Babin taking over: 9-41, no playoff appearances.

Since Babin, 25-24 with three playoffs trips, plus one this year. One of those in 5A.

This piece of crap coaching staff is getting more kids involved in football than in the past several years in Lumberton, and we are no longer a pushover like we have been in the past. But when people like you set your expectations so high in Lumberton that’s when a good coach who is improving the program gets run off, and then we end up be irrelevant until the next decent coach decides to take over. Which may be never again at this point.

Not that I love Babin or anything...but I'm really glad somebody is defending coaches on here. It doesn't happen enough.

The coaches have a hard job they are not pieces of crap, that is overboard.  On the other hand when you start talking about Babin's record he has benefitted from dropping down in classification and scheduling guaranteed wins in the preseason.  And if I'm not mistaken all of the kids you named where on the same team with the same results.  Also if they would develop a qb with a little size maybe they wouldn't get hurt.  Never understand picking some of the smallest kids to play qb.  There are bigger kids on this team that could play it.

2 minutes ago, Longhorn Fan1 said:

There is a big kid playing safety.  Your telling me he couldn't play qb?  If he is fast and athletic enough to play safety he could play qb.  What is he 6'3" over 200 lbs?

Don't know the kid but there's a lot more to it than size. QB has to be the smartest kid on the field among other things. 

7 hours ago, Longhorn Fan1 said:

There is a big kid playing safety.  Your telling me he couldn't play qb?  If he is fast and athletic enough to play safety he could play qb.  What is he 6'3" over 200 lbs?

sad part about Lumberton and it’s always been this way here. Is it’s not about who is good at QB it’s about who your daddy is. I hate to say it but even when i grew up here it’s was like that. 

and as far as our safety goes. He’s definitely a defensive kinda guy. We threw him in a couple plays and he wasn’t having it😂😂

Coach babin is the best AD/football coach that lumberton has had, the guy is a work horse, he cares about the kids, and has done things at lumberton that know AD has done, I mean lumberton has made the playoffs 5 times in what 54 years and coach babin has done it 3 times as a head coach and 2 as an assistant at lumberton. What more do you want from the guy?? 

It’s hard to develop a qb in a couple years. Usually by the time they get to HS their positions are set. Don’t count freshmen year, and technically you can’t count sophomore year, that gives you two years to pick a big guy and start developing him if he’s never played qb before. Not enough time in my opinion. Plus, I know a lot of tall good athletes who couldn’t throw a ball to save their lives. It’s a lot more than that. I was backup qb in HS, got moved to that positions after freshmen football season. I could throw the ball which is why I was put there, but I had never had experience reading a defense or throwing a ball under pressure. And that’s only learned through game experience.

4 minutes ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

Coach babin is the best AD/football coach that lumberton has had, the guy is a work horse, he cares about the kids, and has done things at lumberton that know AD has done, I mean lumberton has made the playoffs 5 times in what 54 years and coach babin has done it 3 times as a head coach and 2 as an assistant at lumberton. What more do you want from the guy?? 

We are talking about self entitled Lumberton people who believe everything should be handed to us on a silver platter. With that said, they want deep playoff runs every year no matter how much talent we DONT have. A state championship appearance every few years would be nice too lol

2 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

We are talking about self entitled Lumberton people who believe everything should be handed to us on a silver platter. With that said, they want deep playoff runs every year no matter how much talent we DONT have. A state championship appearance every few years would be nice too lol

Sounds like us. 

The coaches have a hard job they are not pieces of crap, that is overboard.  On the other hand when you start talking about Babin's record he has benefitted from dropping down in classification and scheduling guaranteed wins in the preseason.  And if I'm not mistaken all of the kids you named where on the same team with the same results.  Also if they would develop a qb with a little size maybe they wouldn't get hurt.  Never understand picking some of the smallest kids to play qb.  There are bigger kids on this team that could play it.

Our last year in 5A under Babin we lost to central by one point on a play where we went for two to win the game. I watched the film, if we didn’t miss the one key block we would have walked in. That win would have put us in the playoffs over central i do believe. Would have been two years in a row of playoffs in 5A.

As far as the players being on the same teams, two were (Rhodes and Thomas), the others graduated at different times but may have played together for a year.

My point was, you can’t name a true playmaker on our team this year that is a true difference maker like the Beards, Hanna, and Husseys of the past that we’ve had. HS football you need athletes

8 hours ago, Longhorn Fan1 said:

so who do you want at lumberton then?? 

I agree, the coaches at Lumberton work hard. There is just not much talent. The two main problems I see are

#1. The majority of the players have low expectations - if they win fine and if they lose fine. Not much desire to win championships

#2. They are always injured - some are legit injuries, but most are due from a lack of toughness

15 minutes ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

so who do you want at lumberton then?? 

They want someone who will throw the ball 30 times a game out of the gun but still lose games... oh wait, we’ve already had that before. Didn’t work out too well. I remember a lot of painful winless or 1 win season. But for some reason if we throw the ball but lose people will be fine with that 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

4 minutes ago, spidersal said:

I agree, the coaches at Lumberton work hard. There is just not much talent. The two main problems I see are

#1. The majority of the players have low expectations - if they win fine and if they lose fine. Not much desire to win championships

#2. They are always injured - some are legit injuries, but most are due from a lack of toughness

Exactly, and when you add injuries to an already talent depleted team, this is what we get.

I don't want to see the ball thrown 30 times a game.  All I'm saying is a more balanced approach would be nice and quit letting the Middle School coaches pick who your starting qb is going to be in high school.  How do other schools develop kids?  I have watched alot of freshmen and JV games the last couple of years and other schools are developing kids at key positions at that level.  I think what people are frustrated about is if Lumberton come out and gets a penalty on 1st down so now it's 1st and 20 they have no plays in the this system to get 20 yards in 3 plays.  Or if they fall behind in a game the offense is designed to eat up clock so they will never come back. 

43 minutes ago, Longhorn Fan1 said:

I don't want to see the ball thrown 30 times a game.  All I'm saying is a more balanced approach would be nice and quit letting the Middle School coaches pick who your starting qb is going to be in high school.  How do other schools develop kids?  I have watched alot of freshmen and JV games the last couple of years and other schools are developing kids at key positions at that level.  I think what people are frustrated about is if Lumberton come out and gets a penalty on 1st down so now it's 1st and 20 they have no plays in the this system to get 20 yards in 3 plays.  Or if they fall behind in a game the offense is designed to eat up clock so they will never come back. 

I agree with everything you just said. Just wish someone in the ranks would listen to that same reason and give it shot.