Silsbee 27 Hamshire-Fannett 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

55 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

One thing for sure , if HF scores 21 pts against WOS, they will win. WOS got to be physically beat up after playing Liberty. Liberty does a lot of extra stuff in the pile verbally and physically, thats  the reason for kids from opposing teams  getting un sportsman like penalties. If Liberty makes 4th seed and plays Jasper 1st round, get ready for some ejections at the end of that game.  

I agree.a coach has to have better control over his team.but at the same time I have to say this.HF has to do something different if they want to at least be in the game.and I'll admit I question alot of the play calling of w.o..O/C starting to open up the playbook.and I thought by them missing 2 games would hurt.surprising it hasn't. They're really starting to peak. 

Edited by dj
Missed a word

On 11/2/2019 at 12:02 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

Some rough stats from last night's game:

(official stats will be posted later after watching film)

Silsbee                                   H-F

rush                           21/112  2TD                           43/223 2 TD

pass                        7-10, 121 TD                              11-25, 134 TD

total                           31/233                                      68/357

Hamshire-Fannett ran more than 2 times the offensive plays than Silsbee.

I am scratching my head on this game.  I felt we were 3 touchdowns better than HF.  

50 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

Wow I thought WO-S beat Silsbee. Strange.  But then some folks said Hardin Jefferson played WO-S better than Silsbee did. Been one of those weird years I guess.

Majestyk I don't think it's far off from the norm. At the end of the day u have to win the battle at the line of scrimmage.and to be honest the only 3 teams that are in w.o way are jasper,Navarro,PG from holding the trophy up.fixing to be a fun ride.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

Gee, a comment like this from a couple of WO-S fans sparked over 10 months of ridicule.  I wonder if this will yield the same.

I doubt it.  Most folks recognize pretty quick when someone's not playing with a full deck.... I'm sure it will blow over. And DJ,  I hear you and agree, I also get the feeling that if someone wants some of WO-S they had better get it in 2019.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Exactly

My best guess is that HF converted at least 10 3rd down conversions and around 5 4th down conversions.

Silsbee D could not get them off the field.

Mustang D will.

Yep.That's the goal in any game.Keep the other teams offense off the field to limit their scoring.You hear it all the time but that game was a classic example.

Just a few quick stats:

Silsbee                                      HF

Passing

R. Foster   7-10-120-1-0          #1  12-26-156-1-0

Rushing

D. Taylor   8-46 TD                   #1  29-181 2TD

C. Martin  8-41 TD                   #15 5-7

A. Arline   6-28                         #9   4-25

R. Foster  2-5                           #11 4-14 

#4   2-5

Receiving                                 

K. Cartwright  5-109 TD       #9  4-36 TD

J. Hunt            1-10                #21 3-72

C. Martin         1-1                  #4  3-39

#11 2-9

For the second year in a row a depleted and injured riddled Silsbee Tiger team beat a good HF Longhorn team to win the last game of the season and keep the momentum headed into the playoffs. For the second year in a row the Tigers had to hang on for dear life to win the game. The Tigers get a much need bye week to get ready for the playoff and the Longhorns play for at least a piece of the district championship or the #3 seed for the playoffs. Long live Friday Night Lights!

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Almost identical from last year.  Also including a score loss to WO-S.  I hope this season pans out like last season where this team comes out the gate in two weeks full steam .  Hopefully, same or better results.. 

They could do it and I like the Region III champs chances in the semi's.  There's going to be some sh, stuff ...going down in the next few weeks.