4A R3/D2 Playoffs

GUNHO

Here are my first round(guesses) match ups with 2 games to go.Winner in bold.

Upper bracket

W9 Jasper/Liberty F10

R9 Giddings/ ??La Marque/Wharton T11

W10 WOS/Huntington F9

R11 La Marque/Wharton/Bellville T12

Lower bracket

W11 Sweeny/Smithville F12

R10 Silsbee/Shepherd T9

W12 La Grange/Kashmere F11

R9 Center/Hamshire T10

32 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Here are my first round(guesses) match ups with 2 games to go.Winner in bold.

Upper bracket

W9 Jasper/Liberty F10

R9 Giddings/ ??La Marque/Wharton T11

W10 WOS/Huntington F9

R11 La Marque/Wharton/Bellville T12

Lower bracket

W11 Sweeny/Smithville F12

R10 Silsbee/Shepherd T9

W12 La Grange/Kashmere F11

R9 Center/Hamshire T10

I don't like that matchup for HF. 

Easy dub for whoever plays La Marque. 

35 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I don't like that matchup for HF. 

Easy dub for whoever plays La Marque. 

HF defense hasn't gave up that many points (114 in 7 games ) and Center has given up 336.That's what I based my pick on.It's really a toss up IMO.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Jasper might make it out of the first round.  They got handled by unranked 3A Diboll... Jeez.

Diboll is legit. Undefeated so far this year. Their defense has given up 33 points all year. That's 4.125 points per game their defense is giving up. Jasper lost one game to a really good team. Other than that Jasper has been dominant in every other game.

11 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Everyone outta know by now that it will be Jasper, Silsbee, or WOS winning this region. Giddings isn’t great. We are a lot younger than I thought lol. Sweeny isn’t great.

I know they are the favorites but they all need to get a lot better.Each one has their issues and are beatable at this point in time. 

47 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Everyone outta know by now that it will be Jasper, Silsbee, or WOS winning this region. Giddings isn’t great. We are a lot younger than I thought lol. Sweeny isn’t great.

U do have young kids.but coaching can put them in better position. Sometimes u have to do the unexpected. They should be better than what some ppl have seen.i think coaching has to get a tad better this time of year.

I’m not buying it.... Jasper is a soft team. Let’s look at who they’ve played. 

BC (1-6)  We stink

LiCk’eM (5-2) but those are wins over terrible teams

Diboll (3A that hurt Jasper’s feelings)

Lamarque (4-4) but not a quality win

Shepherd (2-6)

Huntington (1-7)

Jasper will win their horrible district after playing all of the cupcakes that Barbrady schedules for non-district, then they’ll be shocked when they get sent home by the first semi-decent team they face in the playoffs.

BC isn’t a good team... I’ll admit it. 

BUT JASPER HASN’T GOTTEN ANY DEEPER THAN BC IN THE PLAYOFFS SINCE WE SHUT YALL OUT IN THE SECOND ROUND IN 2005. 

So, if we stink and y’all can’t do any better than us, what does that make Jasper?

Talk some smack when y’all get a ring, losers. 

It’s better to be a has-been than a never-was. 

16 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Jasper might make it out of the first round.  They got handled by unranked 3A Diboll... Jeez.

Cardinal Backer you do realize were in the top 5 in every poll right?  Jasper was a good game and the game couldve gone either way, but I distinctly remember going to yall's house beating yall, granted by a lot less then we should have but you know how dirty your refs and players are, no doubt in my mind Jasper will make it to the Regional Finals and maybe past that, are yall even in the playoffs this year?

7 minutes ago, lumberjack2020 said:

Cardinal Backer you do realize were in the top 5 in every poll right?  Jasper was a good game and the game couldve gone either way, but I distinctly remember going to yall's house beating yall, granted by a lot less then we should have but you know how dirty your refs and players are, no doubt in my mind Jasper will make it to the Regional Finals and maybe past that, are yall even in the playoffs this year?

You guys were unranked when y’all beat #2 ranked Jasper. Anytime  #2 ranked 4A team drops a game to an unranked 3A team, it’s embarrassing. 

You guys have a good team and should go several rounds in the 3A playoffs, IMO. 

Jasper, however, had proven year in and year out (but especially this year) that they should never be spoken of in the same breath as teams like WOS and Silsbee. Jasper has played one good team this year and lost. 

“Our” refs and players are dirty? What kinda women are y’all out there? First of all, any football fan knows that there is no such thing as “our” refs. And if that bunch of softies that are suiting up for us this year managed ti hurt some of your players’ and parents’ feelings on the field, I’m kinda worried about y’all’s toughness. 

And it kinda makes me think that y’all may only be a couple of points better than that sorry Jasper team.