Should West Brook avoid going Div. 1 at all cost?

setxhoopsfan

58 minutes ago, setxhoopsfan said:

Would a Deer Park win this week clinch a playoff spot?  If WB goes D1 they would play Atascocita in the first round.  If they go D2 they will play Humble or Kingwood a much easier game and a better chance at a state title.

I brought this very thing up in the 21-6A thread, it's an interesting idea but i highly doubt Coach Peevey would go for it. 

3 minutes ago, Football Freak said:

The mere suggestion of the idea to lose on purpose to "try and get a better playoff line up" makes me sick. Anyone that agrees with that kind of thought process is an idiot and I hope and pray they are nowhere near kids to poison their minds with that crap.

Tell that to Temple last season 😂

11 minutes ago, Football Freak said:

I highly doubt they lost on purpose. Do you have evidence of that statement? 

Cause if you don’t, then you might not want to suggest that they did. Otherwise, you are calling into question the integrity of their coaches. 

It was one of the biggest stories of the end of last regular season, im not the only one that thought they tanked like the Dolphins in that particular game versus a Cove team they should've blown the doors off of. Some of their own players said it, i tend to believe em. Only evidence i needed to see was that 2nd half when backups were put in, specifically that 4th quarter. 😉 

I don't think Peevey would do that though, don't wanna mess with the Football Gawds. 

1 hour ago, Football Freak said:

The mere suggestion of the idea to lose on purpose to "try and get a better playoff line up" makes me sick. Anyone that agrees with that kind of thought process is an idiot and I hope and pray they are nowhere near kids to poison their minds with that crap.

The goal is to win a state title.  If you take the emotion out it. The game has no meaning for WB.  You would be playing teams with similar enrollments by going D2.    Atascocita and WB would be an evenly matched contest in the first round.  Probably one of the toughest first round games in the state.  I watch the North Shore/WB game and WB would not be favored in a rematch.  Tough position to be in for WB.  

1 hour ago, setxhoopsfan said:

The goal is to win a state title.  If you take the emotion out it. The game has no meaning for WB.  You would be playing teams with similar enrollments by going D2.    Atascocita and WB would be an evenly matched contest in the first round.  Probably one of the toughest first round games in the state.  I watch the North Shore/WB game and WB would not be favored in a rematch.  Tough position to be in for WB.  

Going D-1 doesn't necessarily mean you'll play schools close to your size.  I believe all schools in that Cypress district are schools pushing 3600 and more.  I'm sure there's other districts in the region thats like that too...

24 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Going D-1 doesn't necessarily mean you'll play schools close to your size.  I believe all schools in that Cypress district are schools pushing 3600 and more.  I'm sure there's other districts in the region thats like that too...

That's his point. 

9 hours ago, Football Freak said:

I highly doubt they lost on purpose. Do you have evidence of that statement? 

Cause if you don’t, then you might not want to suggest that they did. Otherwise, you are calling into question the integrity of their coaches. 

Here is the evidence. I remember seeing this last year. Smart play by Temple even though they lost in the first round anyways.

This is the hidden content, please

10 hours ago, The Lake said:

Here is the evidence. I remember seeing this last year. Smart play by Temple even though they lost in the first round anyways.

This is the hidden content, please

I could not read the article due to a subscription, but from what I gather from the title of it... this is just despicable. I can not believe this happened. Shameful.

18 hours ago, setxhoopsfan said:

Yes, you are right... "The goal IS to win state". You should try to win every single game. But one of the most important parts of HS Athletics is to teach a few life lessons regarding honesty, character, hard work and integrity along the way. You should try to win every single time you play. You should try to do your best every time you play. You should work your a** off everyday to develop yourself into the best you can be ( that's Coaches/Players/Administrators/Program ). 

If you intentionally quit on a game to lose for a "better match up" that is absolute cowardice. So, you only wanna play if your think you can win. You only wanna play if you're matched evenly, you only wanna play if they have the same amount of players as you. Well I got news for you... That is NOT how life works. You can't always even the odds so you have a better chance of success. You can't just only "play" if you think you can win. 

I will say it again, and I'll be done with this... If you lose on purpose ( easier opponent, better match up, etc. ) you are a COWARD.

4 hours ago, Yeoj said:

West Brook was in this same position last season and went out and beat Deer Park. I see them playing up to their capabilities and putting the Deer away. 

1 hour ago, setxhoopsfan said:

With that being said they would need United to beat Deer Park. United has been inconsistent since the storm.  

40 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Wouldn't they need DP to beat United so they avoid D1?? 

Like Yeoj said, it was the same situation last year.  West Brook beat Deer Park and the following week, United had to beat Deer Park to go to the playoffs.  If United would have won, it would have sent WB to D1 and United to D2.  Well we all know how that turned out and Channelview got in because of Uniteds loss which sent Channelview to D1 and WB to D2. 

No need for WB to tank tomorrows game...