The 11th annual Thanksgiving Hoopfest Schedule

Yates had their “easier” game today:

To give you guys some perspective, I think Yates could go toe to toe with Duncanville and probably have a better/deeper team than D’ville.  That’s how good these national teams are.  As I said, Montverde or IMG would beat ANY HS team in this state by as much as they want.  Sunrise’s best player is 6-8 wing Zach Clemence from San Antonio.  Had a chance to see him play in the NCAA camp this past summer at U of H.  His game reminds me a lot of Rick Barry’s boys.  Got off to a hot start as Sunrise built a 25-3 lead over Yates. 

5 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Good lord

They just have kids on another level.  The Cunningham kids had 15 & 8 vs the #1 ranked team in the state taking only 7 shots and no FTs (3-3 on 3s).  6’7” PG with an NBA body who literally does whatever he wants on the court, even against elite defenders.  He could go for 50 a game at the HS level if he wanted.  

Every summer I see kids who you can see should be pros.   You just don’t know how successful they will be at that level.  Maybe once a summer you see a kid who you think could be an NBA all star.  Summer before last it was Anthony Edwards who is now a freshman averaging over 20 a game for Georgia.  Last summer it was Cade Cunningham. 

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Like some have told us Silsbee fans before, stay in your lane.

Joe has scheduled as tough as he could but I don’t remember getting embarrassed like those two games this weekend.  I was not at the games and haven’t heard any reports but my guess is Yates was trying to press a 6-7 PG who is the best in the country.  I’m also guessing Scottie Barnes was dunking all over the back end of that press.  You can’t run that mess against truly elite guards.   Candy - Baby 

Final Yates 46 Montverde 98
Yates was not in there full court press for this game. This is the result when you have a public school playing an Elite Academy.  The games were blowouts but it allowed the kids an opportunity to play against elite talent that we don’t see in the area. It was going to be an up hill battle to beat those teams and without the team at full strength while it was a beat down.  I applause Coach Wise for not backing down from the challenge after knowing that he would not have his full squad available. These games are know behind us and we look forward to district play and playoffs.  

Again I applause Wise for playing the #1 or #2 team in the country and not being satisfied with just playing good to average teams in Texas. 

Wise knew those game would be loses I'm sure. When you compare Yates to Silsbee it's a joke. A town of 6600 vs a city of 2.1 million. Silsbee winning those 2 titles was incredible when you think that Yates being in 4A as unfair as that is can recruit basketball kids all over the city. I have a question tho, why doesnt Yates have a better football program. They use to be dominate in 5A. I know they made the playoffs a few years ago with like a 8-2 record and got blasted in the 1st round by Stafford who lost by 30 to Silsbee. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I just wonder if either team gets anything out of a 50 or more blowout.

Probably nothing  but it’s goin to be hard to find anybody to stay with in 20 points of Montverde. That is probably the best high school recruited team I have ever seen in person. There water boy looked like he was a d1 prospect. 

But nobody had SFA playing with Duke the other night either. Duke was favored by 27. You don’t know the final until you play the game. 

4 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Wise knew those game would be loses I'm sure. When you compare Yates to Silsbee it's a joke. A town of 6600 vs a city of 2.1 million. Silsbee winning those 2 titles was incredible when you think that Yates being in 4A as unfair as that is can recruit basketball kids all over the city. I have a question tho, why doesnt Yates have a better football program. They use to be dominate in 5A. I know they made the playoffs a few years ago with like a 8-2 record and got blasted in the 1st round by Stafford who lost by 30 to Silsbee. 

BADSANTA, Yates might be located in a city of 2.1 million but that only means it’s more school tipping into our athletes. It is no secret that HISD is doing everything in their power to keep Lamar, Bellaire & The Heights in 6A. Example #1 There is a HISD school bus that picks up kids in front of Yates and transports those kids to the schools I mentioned above. Lamar High is allowed to get kids from all over the city.  The football athletes that suppose to go to Yates are going to Fort Bend Marshall, Shadow Creek and Lamar. HISD schools are considered low performance schools and parents are sending their kids to the surrounding counties. Let’s talk about the Catholic and Prep Schools that are giving out scholarships and a better education that is tipping into the inner city kids. 

6 hours ago, ballup said:

Probably nothing  but it’s goin to be hard to find anybody to stay with in 20 points of Montverde. That is probably the best high school recruited team I have ever seen in person. There water boy looked like he was a d1 prospect. 

But nobody had SFA playing with Duke the other night either. Duke was favored by 27. You don’t know the final until you play the game. 

IIMG and possibly prolific prep...