Silsbee vs Hamshire-Fannett

BADSANTA

4 minutes ago, DeuceSixSuited said:

Newton would beat HF worse than they beat Silsbee. 

Maybe. I cant argue that,  But Silsbee is not Newton.   HF has a brand new program all the way through.  I do not think they have a loss at any level this season. HF JV gave Newtons JV their first loss last week.  Not comparable and I understand that.  Silsbee will lose Friday and take 3rd behind HF.      

I like the way HF fans stand up for their squad and really believe they are going to smack Silsbee up. Silsbee doesnt have a great defense so I'm sure HF will score some. The issue is can you stop Silsbee run game with those 3 potential 1000 backs running up and down the field all night. Silsbee passing game will improve. I don't see HF having the horses to hang. I just feel Silsbee has the better team and has played a much much harder schedule. 

8 minutes ago, glassjoe said:

Maybe. I cant argue that,  But Silsbee is not Newton.   HF has a brand new program all the way through.  I do not think they have a loss at any level this season. HF JV gave Newtons JV their first loss last week.  Not comparable and I understand that.  Silsbee will lose Friday and take 3rd behind HF.      

H-F varsity has a loss.

Will???

Hmmmmm........ I smell a wager.

I'm proud the way the HF program has bounced back to have a good year. A good year! Silsbee is no football power but they are consistent when it comes to making the playoffs and going 2-4 rounds every year with a trip to the state semifinals last year. When is the last time HF football has made a run at all in the playoffs? The only reason you guys make the playoffs is because it's a 5 team district and 4 teams go!!! 

41 minutes ago, glassjoe said:

Not happening. But congrats on a great season to HF. The QB is a great athlete!

49 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I'm proud the way the HF program has bounced back to have a good year. A good year! Silsbee is no football power but they are consistent when it comes to making the playoffs and going 2-4 rounds every year with a trip to the state semifinals last year. When is the last time HF football has made a run at all in the playoffs? The only reason you guys make the playoffs is because it's a 5 team district and 4 teams go!!! 

You would have to go back to the 90s with coach tarver

On 10/27/2019 at 1:53 PM, glassjoe said:

HF is very aware of that as well.  Spring Hill???  Oops.  EC would give silsbee all they want and could probably come out on top.  I ll take HF dub over EC before giving you credit on the silsbee dub over a very down Nederland team.  Other than Nederland, Silsbee has lost all their big games.  Dont see your point in comparing Tarkington and Kountze to silsbee Losing games to bigger schools.  HF could play those games and lose just like Silsbee.  

You will become a believer friday night.  

If Silsbee played EC and the same things happen to EC that happened in their game with H-F (Bucs lost their starting QB with broken leg when going into score to get a 2 TD lead, then have both their running backs, Ceasar and Shelvin, cramp so bad that they didn't even play 2nd half) then no, EC does not give Silsbee all they want and come out on top.

Longhorns beat a depleted EC squad. That's the real truth.

4 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

PG is as good as advertised. That’s why they will most likely be your state champs.

I'm sorry I just don't believe they will win it all. I have watched every game. And u only go by what u see.ur not looking at other teams.outside of gilmer and Carthage I don't think they have played anyone.gilmer made major mistakes against them that can be corrected. When they meet again in the playoffs it will be alot closer.and one other thing u fail to mention is bcz PG trys to put pressure on the qb with those book ends#40 and #44. That if u slow them down.there secondary isn't that gud. If a team threw more screens and stop routes.its a different ball game. And let's not forget #4 for gilmer was a man child against them.and if ur actually see there running game wasnt all that against a team that knows how to defend that type of offense.PG is extremely well coached and very disciplined but once again if u watching enough games.there are abt 8 teams that could win it all in D2.u have to look at other teams and not scores.

6 minutes ago, dj said:

I'm sorry I just don't believe they will win it all. I have watched every game. And u only go by what u see.ur not looking at other teams.outside of gilmer and Carthage I don't think they have played anyone.gilmer made major mistakes against them that can be corrected. When they meet again in the playoffs it will be alot closer.and one other thing u fail to mention is bcz PG trys to put pressure on the qb with those book ends#40 and #44. That if u slow them down.there secondary isn't that gud. If a team threw more screens and stop routes.its a different ball game. And let's not forget #4 for gilmer was a man child against them.and if ur actually see there running game wasnt all that against a team that knows how to defend that type of offense.PG is extremely well coached and very disciplined but once again if u watching enough games.there are abt 8 teams that could win it all in D2.u have to look at other teams and not scores.

PG is probably the favorite still

5 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I like the way HF fans stand up for their squad and really believe they are going to smack Silsbee up. Silsbee doesnt have a great defense so I'm sure HF will score some. The issue is can you stop Silsbee run game with those 3 potential 1000 backs running up and down the field all night. Silsbee passing game will improve. I don't see HF having the horses to hang. I just feel Silsbee has the better team and has played a much much harder schedule. 

Good post. I also feel that Silsbee, as a program, knows how to win in a big game Time and again. HF does not have that experience factor. I know it seems silly, but experience facing a certain situation can make a big difference. The difference between a W and an L. Silsbee by 10+. 

2 hours ago, dj said:

What 8 teams in your opinion have a shot? 

1 hour ago, Who That said:

They said that over and over last year about PG... And look what the Gobblers did to them ... 

And I said it last year.  I didn't think they were the best team last year. And bcz of that fumble inside of cuero 30 yrd line cost silsbee a state title last year.that one hurt me !!look at it this way.if they can't run over u.they try to finesse u by going play action in which they run 3 routes.and not gud routes at that.they will run a post,flag,or crossing route. But my question is if a team doesn't go for the play action can there QB make a throw in coverage.i don't think he can.hadnt showed that in 3 years.every completion has been to open guy.that kid has alot of heart. But heart can only get u so far.at some point u have to have talent at making throws from that position.im sorry I don't see it.

8 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

What 8 teams in your opinion have a 

Not including pleasant groves bcz they're the favorite.gilmer,jasper,navarro,waco connally, Midland greenwood,sunnyvale,w.o,and if silsbee defense comes to play.every team does something well that could hurt every team.i was really pleased with some of the games that I have watched.and I mean hours of it.and I have to tell u this. Bcz this is a big IF !! If remember that oline of w.o continues to get better and and if they minimize there fumbles.bcz any team will have a half to beat them.get to 4th qtr. Not even PG would beat them. They're a 4th qtr team that gains momentum. But we can't speak on that at all bcz of the road ahead with matchups with jasper,silsbee, and Navarro in there way. And that want be easy at all.

12 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Everyone should probably win in the first round except the 4th place team 

Belleville isn't bad either. I've watched them too. I think play calling will really determine how far they go. If they took more of a pleasant Groves type play calling knowing when to go up top. They could be very dangerous. Bcz they do have pretty gud athletes. 

9 hours ago, dj said:

Belleville isn't bad either. I've watched them too. I think play calling will really determine how far they go. If they took more of a pleasant Groves type play calling knowing when to go up top. They could be very dangerous. Bcz they do have pretty gud athletes. 

Jaspers District doesn’t play ours in the first round though. We play the Sweeny district. But yeah Bellville has 3 pretty decent sophomores that play QB, RB, and WR. I imagine they will switch up the play calling more as the season goes and next year. A couple years ago we had a mobile QB who wasn’t bad so we actually ran out of the Shotgun a little more. But yeah I imagine we will beat Wharton or La Marque in round 1 then probably be done after that and return a good team for next year