Silsbee vs Hamshire-Fannett

BADSANTA

3 hours ago, glassjoe said:

HF is very aware of that as well.  Spring Hill???  Oops.  EC would give silsbee all they want and could probably come out on top.  I ll take HF dub over EC before giving you credit on the silsbee dub over a very down Nederland team.  Other than Nederland, Silsbee has lost all their big games.  Dont see your point in comparing Tarkington and Kountze to silsbee Losing games to bigger schools.  HF could play those games and lose just like Silsbee.  

You will become a believer friday night.  

Spring Hill would hang 100 on HF

HF plays Kountze and Tarkington, EC, and Shephard vs a team who has played Nederland, PNG, and Newton? Silsbee has to much speed!! HF will score points as they have a good QB but Silsbee can lock him up. Looking at common opponents, those games aren't even close. You beat HJ by 1 and Silsbee by 34? Liberty by 12 Silsbee by 24! Silsbee will be ready to go!! 

3 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

HF plays Kountze and Tarkington, EC, and Shephard vs a team who has played Nederland, PNG, and Newton? Silsbee has to much speed!! HF will score points as they have a good QB but Silsbee can lock him up. Looking at common opponents, those games aren't even close. You beat HJ by 1 and Silsbee by 34? Liberty by 12 Silsbee by 24! Silsbee will be ready to go!! 

I hope the silsbee kids are sleeping as well.  EC has more speed than anyone silsbee has faced.  Yes our Q is good, but HF has faster kids than Morris.  This is not a slow team.  You re looking at the comparison all wrong.   Silsbee has given up 38 pts in common apponents and HF has given up 42.  Little closer than what you would like im sure.  12 of Libertys points came in the final 6 mins of the game.  Busted play, reversed field twice and squirted around the end.  And they recovered 2 OS kicks. Keep snoring.  That schedule was put together by the last AD 2 years ago.  I would bet that after re alignment HF will be playing a better schedule.  See you friday.  

Thisnis the 1st "decent" team HF has had since like 1990!! Be proud but be a realist. You're not beating Silsbee in anything besides the amount of squirrels in your trees! You lost by 1 last year!! What us the losing streak vs Silsbee 0-NEVER???? Get real HF fans. Your schedule is equal to A&M playing Lamar 8x a year!!! You guys dont warm up vs 5A or 6A. You guys play Dewyville and West Hardin in none district to ensure you have a decent record. How about you guys schedule a Newton, Lumberton, or even Evadale???????

On 10/27/2019 at 8:30 PM, glassjoe said:

I hope the silsbee kids are sleeping as well.  EC has more speed than anyone silsbee has faced.  Yes our Q is good, but HF has faster kids than Morris.  This is not a slow team.  You re looking at the comparison all wrong.   Silsbee has given up 38 pts in common apponents and HF has given up 42.  Little closer than what you would like im sure.  12 of Libertys points came in the final 6 mins of the game.  Busted play, reversed field twice and squirted around the end.  And they recovered 2 OS kicks. Keep snoring.  That schedule was put together by the last AD 2 years ago.  I would bet that after re alignment HF will be playing a better schedule.  See you friday.  

I would say Newton and WO-S has as much speed as EC.

What about comparing how much points each team scored against HJ and Liberty? HF = 58, Silsbee = 96.

But HF beating HJ at home by 1 point with a late TD and two point conversion while Silsbee defeated HJ by 34 on the road, looks pretty ominous.

I know it's all about match ups, but just sayin.

On 10/27/2019 at 8:59 PM, wo-s#1 said:

Nobody in this region can beat PG...probably not Gilmer either

I'm sorry but I think ur given PG to much hype. It want surprise me if they get upset.they have 2 book ends like newton.same type of blitzing. Difference is newton plays more man to man in secondary.and only been able to pass off play action isn't always gonna work against a discipline defense.i think there are a bt 8 teams that has a legitimate shot at winning it all.

I don’t think nether team is as good this year as last year. HF trying to stay on pace for a DC and Silsbee trying to win out and take that momentum into the playoffs. Silsbee has faced duel threat QBs this year but non as athletic as the HF QB. I know Silsbee is banged up pretty good on both sides of the ball, so it’s time to see how much depth we have going into the playoffs. Silsbee has been road warriors this year and no sense in stopping now. 

9 hours ago, dj said:

I'm sorry but I think ur given PG to much hype. It want surprise me if they get upset.they have 2 book ends like newton.same type of blitzing. Difference is newton plays more man to man in secondary.and only been able to pass off play action isn't always gonna work against a discipline defense.i think there are a bt 8 teams that has a legitimate shot at winning it all.

PG is as good as advertised. That’s why they will most likely be your state champs.

10 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I would say Newton and WO-S has as much speed as EC.

What about comparing how much points each team scored against HJ and Liberty? HF = 58, Silsbee = 96.

But HF beating HJ at home by 1 point with a late TD and two point conversion while Silsbee defeated HJ by 34 on the road, looks pretty ominous.

I know it's all about match ups, but just sayin.

Yes Newton and WOS have speed like EC.  Just letting it be known that HF can play speed just fine.  Santa is obsessed with HF playing Kountze and Silsbee Playing Newton.  BTW I believe Newton and WOS were both Ls for Silsbee. So his point is not valid.  

HJ played perfect for the first and only time all year against HF with the slot T.  They had 0 turnovers that game.  I think they fumbled 4 times against Silsbee.  May have been caused fumbles which gives props to silsbee.  BUt there is your difference in scoring.  More possessions, which amounts to a difference in game when playing a slot T offense.  

Liberty game was HF giving up 2 back to back Onside Kicks with 6 mins. left in the game.  Cost HF possessions and gave points to Liberty.  Score was 34-10 at that point.  

HF definately has to play perfect, clean football to win.  But HF can absolutely win this game.        

2 minutes ago, glassjoe said:

Yes Newton and WOS have speed like EC.  Just letting it be known that HF can play speed just fine.  Santa is obsessed with HF playing Kountze and Silsbee Playing Newton.  BTW I believe Newton and WOS were both Ls for Silsbee. So his point is not valid.  

HJ played perfect for the first and only time all year against HF with the slot T.  They had 0 turnovers that game.  I think they fumbled 4 times against Silsbee.  May have been caused fumbles which gives props to silsbee.  BUt there is your difference in scoring.  More possessions, which amounts to a difference in game when playing a slot T offense.  

Liberty game was HF giving up 2 back to back Onside Kicks with 6 mins. left in the game.  Cost HF possessions and gave points to Liberty.  Score was 34-10 at that point.  

HF definately has to play perfect, clean football to win.  But HF can absolutely win this game.        

Newton would beat HF worse than they beat Silsbee.