District 11

Coldspring-Oakhurst - 396

Crockett - 312

Diboll - 428

Elkhart - 299

Franklin - 291

Palestine Westwood - 374

Trinity - 332

By the way.. I totally made up every on of those ^ numbers.  I honestly have no idea what their enrollments are.  

Curious to know what Crockett, Franklin & Trinity turned in 

5 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Why do you think this is?

Well everywhere you look in Nederland I feel like houses are getting torn down and rental Multihome duplex’s are getting built.. Dominan Court the neighborhood behind there has tons of new houses built. Central gardens had a new apartment complex built with another almost done.. Which almost all of Nederland apartment  complex’s are at full... so I was just thinking we would have stayed closer to that number or more not drop 100 less. That’s my personal opinion on it, 

11 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Well everywhere you look in Nederland I feel like houses are getting torn down and rental Multihome duplex’s are getting built.. Dominan Court the neighborhood behind there has tons of new houses built. Central gardens had a new apartment complex built with another almost done.. Which almost all of Nederland apartment  complex’s are at full... so I was just thinking we would have stayed closer to that number or more not drop 100 less. That’s my personal opinion on it, 

Dropping numbers isn’t good news for y’all with the passing of the bonds for improvements. Those were some BIG BONDS. If you don’t have the tax base to pay the projected taxes that could cause a serious increase on everyone’s taxes in Nederland.

2 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

District 11 ------SNAPSHOT NUMBERS: 

Westwood - 446

Elkhart - 375

Crockett - 357

Trinity - 351

Franklin - 340

Diboll - 503

Coldspring - 421

I’m anxious to see what the 3A cutoff numbers going to be .  Possibly looking at Huntington,  Tarkington & possibly Shepherd dropping down to 3A Div 1 

On 10/31/2019 at 6:29 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

I guess in some wierd average of overall kids and/or average difference in kids from different schools factored in with average amount of schools.  I don't have the number, but this is all I can come up with.  In other words, I would love to see the formula.  I'm sure there's one somewhere.  

the top enrollment of a classification should not be more than double the bottom enrollment #.  I do remember that rule that they set for themselves

19 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Supposedly it's due to tougher proof of residency requirements at NISD...me personally I don't buy that fully I think its partially that and the bond is getting ready to price some people out of Nederland completely.

Yeah... the group that will most likely be affected will be young families with school-aged kids being priced out of the market.

I can think of two life-long Bulldog families that have kids in Orangefield and BC now.  You can buy more house for the money.  

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yeah... the group that will most likely be affected will be young families with school-aged kids being priced out of the market.

I can think of two life-long Bulldog families that have kids in Orangefield and BC now.  You can buy more house for the money.  

You are correct on more house -- not really the house but the land, and low taxes.

what you get is a city that has no solid waste pick up, -contracted out, documented bad water, no sidewalks, crap for (lack of) city services, no ordinances (trailer next to a $$$$$ home)  School districts with limited courses ie French Latin Autobody, etc... 

So yes its cheaper kind of like a Hyundai is cheaper then a Jaguar

All about quality of life 

23 hours ago, Realville said:

Dropping numbers isn’t good news for y’all with the passing of the bonds for improvements. Those were some BIG BONDS. If you don’t have the tax base to pay the projected taxes that could cause a serious increase on everyone’s taxes in Nederland.

Excellent observation. No one seems to care about passing on taxes to us though. I guess this is a topic for another forum, but you’re exactly right. 

21 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Supposedly it's due to tougher proof of residency requirements at NISD...me personally I don't buy that fully I think its partially that and the bond is getting ready to price some people out of Nederland completely.

The taxes per $100 didn't go up as much as was initially thought,  about $180 per $100 valuation vs $330.  I find it funny that people get on the Facebook pages and gripe about roads , garbage pickup and keeping the ditches cleaned out but don't want to pay for it.  Same with the schools.  I guess the district and City are just supposed to pull money out of the air.  Not to mention how much they are paying now to try and keep old dilapidated schools up .

1 hour ago, Whoa said:

You are correct on more house -- not really the house but the land, and low taxes.

what you get is a city that has no solid waste pick up, -contracted out, documented bad water, no sidewalks, crap for (lack of) city services, no ordinances (trailer next to a $$$$$ home)  School districts with limited courses ie French Latin Autobody, etc... 

So yes its cheaper kind of like a Hyundai is cheaper then a Jaguar

All about quality of life 

Not to mention going under water every time there is a hurricane or a hard rain.   There were some that moved outside the levee to Taylor landing that are back now after learning that hard lesson after Ike.

46 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

The taxes per $100 didn't go up as much as was initially thought,  about $180 per $100 valuation vs $330.  I find it funny that people get on the Facebook pages and gripe about roads , garbage pickup and keeping the ditches cleaned out but don't want to pay for it.  Same with the schools.  I guess the district and City are just supposed to pull money out of the air.  Not to mention how much they are paying now to try and keep old dilapidated schools up .

When you don’t have to produce a profit and you just spend other people’s money there will always be waste and mismanagement. Gotta love Federal, State and County Government!😁

22 hours ago, Cougar Den said:

I’m anxious to see what the 3A cutoff numbers going to be .  Possibly looking at Huntington,  Tarkington & possibly Shepherd dropping down to 3A Div 1 

Teams that may drop down to 3A DI 

Shepherd - 523

Tarkington - 510

Huntington - 491

District 12 -----

Buna - 449

East Chambers - 442

Kirbyville - 393

Woodville - 381

Hardin -367

Anahuac - 352  ( will be very close )

District 12 will lose Warren who will drop to DII and Orangefield who will likely go up to 4a DII

District 11 ------

Westwood - 446

Elkhart - 375

Crockett - 357 ------ will be very close

Trinity - 351  ---- will be very close

Franklin - 340 ----- will drop down to 3a DII

Diboll - 503

Coldspring - 421

43 minutes ago, Realville said:

When you don’t have to produce a profit and you just spend other people’s money there will always be waste and mismanagement. Gotta love Federal, State and County Government!😁

I’m not a big government person,  but some people don’t understand that the things they do profit from,  such as good streets or safe schools cost money.

4 hours ago, Bigdog said:

I’m not a big government person,  but some people don’t understand that the things they do profit from,  such as good streets or safe schools cost money.

I am not saying your for big government. But if people keep moving out then taxes will go up to pay for that big bond. Just because it passed doesn’t mean people have to stay there an increasingly high taxes. That’s the beauty of the freedom of this country. Everyone has the power of choice an can do what’s best for them and their family. Peace Out