SETX SNAP SHOT NUMBERS/POST 'EM HERE!

WOSgrad

5 hours ago, Mytwocents3788 said:

How is it that in 5a d1 there’s about a 300 difference between top and bottom and yet in 5a d2 there’s about a 700 difference. How does that make sense???

I guess in some wierd average of overall kids and/or average difference in kids from different schools factored in with average amount of schools.  I don't have the number, but this is all I can come up with.  In other words, I would love to see the formula.  I'm sure there's one somewhere.  

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

Well according to a DFW board several people expect the number to drop due to UIL is wanting 275 schools in 6A this year.. if true it makes things very interesting 

That's some crap. The top end of 6A has a competitive advantage based solely on numbers. Stop the madness and create 7A already. 

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

Well according to a DFW board several people expect the number to drop due to UIL is wanting 275 schools in 6A this year.. if true it makes things very interesting 

I'll believe it when i see it, doesn't sound right or like something the crazy UIL would do. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I'll believe it when i see it, doesn't sound right or like something the crazy UIL would do. 

Crazy UIL will do. DFW is blaming the Valley/Sa because of it because of traveling and what region some of the Austin schools will fall in. The growth in East Austin Hutto, Elgin, Manor and such is going to stretch the region. Katy will have a whole district just to themselves. 

3 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Crazy UIL will do. DFW is blaming the Valley/Sa because of it because of traveling and what region some of the Austin schools will fall in. The growth in East Austin Hutto, Elgin, Manor and such is going to stretch the region. Katy will have a whole district just to themselves. 

I hear ya. 

Katy gonna be just like Cypress. Speaking of which idk why they got one Cypress district in Region 2 and one in Region 3. Weird. 

8 hours ago, Mytwocents3788 said:

How is it that in 5a d1 there’s about a 300 difference between top and bottom and yet in 5a d2 there’s about a 700 difference. How does that make sense???

My best guess, they’re trying to keep the number of teams about even between 5AD2 & 5AD1, regardless of the 700 or 300.  Which imo, is 🐂💩.  And grudgingly, I’ll admit they have to juggle Districts, and in West Texas, that gets to be a problem.  But hey, we have a 5 Team 2AD2 Dist here.  Everyone goes to the playoffs but 1 team.  🤮

Just now, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I hear ya. 

Katy gonna be just like Cypress. Speaking of which idk why they got one Cypress district in Region 2 and one in Region 3. Weird. 

Extremely weird.. never understood that. Which Aldine ISD is loosing a crap ton of kids I’m only assuming to the Cy Klein and Spring  district.. But if they move the Austin schools to region 4 atleast it will toughen it up. I have a feeling one half of Austin Region 4 and other region 3... 

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I guess in some wierd average of overall kids and/or average difference in kids from different schools factored in with average amount of schools.  I don't have the number, but this is all I can come up with.  In other words, I would love to see the formula.  I'm sure there's one somewhere.  

I think the formula is they make it up as they go along.  🙄

27 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

Where do I find the snapshot numbers for :

District 11

Coldspring-Oakhurst

Crockett

Diboll

Elkhart

Franklin

Palestine Westwood

Trinity

District 11

Coldspring-Oakhurst - 396

Crockett - 312

Diboll - 428

Elkhart - 299

Franklin - 291

Palestine Westwood - 374

Trinity - 332

By the way.. I totally made up every on of those ^ numbers.  I honestly have no idea what their enrollments are.  

Breaking news:

This is the hidden content, please

Sounds like Morton turned in 113 and will jump back in 2A football in 2020 and High Island to cut travel costs will return to 11man football also

On 10/31/2019 at 8:17 AM, navydawg31 said:

Everything you read on the internet isn't true...UIL realignment policy states 250 schools in 6A PLUS opt ups...

On 10/31/2019 at 1:08 AM, Mytwocents3788 said:

1) opt ups artificially inflate the D1/D2 cut line....last alignment it was about 100 students higher than it should be

2) theres fewer schools In that 1800-1200 range

The number is adjusted to keep the number of schools in each div about the same. Otherwise if you had a hard cut off number, you could wind up with say (all hypothetical) 500 schools in D1 and 200 in D2. If you were to check, you would see that there are about the same number of schools in each division every year.