SETX SNAP SHOT NUMBERS/POST 'EM HERE!

WOSgrad

6 hours ago, Whoa said:

You are correct on more house -- not really the house but the land, and low taxes.

what you get is a city that has no solid waste pick up, -contracted out, documented bad water, no sidewalks, crap for (lack of) city services, no ordinances (trailer next to a $$$$$ home)  School districts with limited courses ie French Latin Autobody, etc... 

So yes its cheaper kind of like a Hyundai is cheaper then a Jaguar

All about quality of life 

That’s crazy... because I seem to notice a lot more graffiti when I drive around Nederland. And our schools are obviously much, much, nicer. I mean, that 156 million dollar bond will help, but y’all still won’t even be close. 
I guess the bigger question is why people are leaving Nederland while Orange County is growing?

Lets not forget that Port Arthur used to be the jewel of southern Jefferson County... Nederland hasn’t ever even been the jewel of Mid County, lol. 

13 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

That’s crazy... because I seem to notice a lot more graffiti when I drive around Nederland. And our schools are obviously much, much, nicer. I mean, that 156 million dollar bond will help, but y’all still won’t even be close. 
I guess the bigger question is why people are leaving Nederland while Orange County is growing?

Lets not forget that Port Arthur used to be the jewel of southern Jefferson County... Nederland hasn’t ever even been the jewel of Mid County, lol. 

Interesting.. because I looked up and said Orange County lost population... 

This is the hidden content, please

14 hours ago, outanup said:

As we speak, PNG taxpayers are voting for another school bond. Wonder how many are actually aware of this?

PNG, Lumberton and Sabine Pass all passed bond issues last night.  PNG's was $131 mil.   So if people are moving to run from bonds they might look at Louisiana  or some place like that.  🤣

18 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

Teams that may drop down to 3A DI 

Shepherd - 523

Tarkington - 510

Huntington - 491

District 12 -----

Buna - 449

East Chambers - 442

Kirbyville - 393

Woodville - 381

Hardin -367

Anahuac - 352  ( will be very close )

District 12 will lose Warren who will drop to DII and Orangefield who will likely go up to 4a DII

District 11 ------

Westwood - 446

Elkhart - 375

Crockett - 357 ------ will be very close

Trinity - 351  ---- will be very close

Franklin - 340 ----- will drop down to 3a DII

Diboll - 503

Coldspring - 421

I’m predicting the 3A Division 1 Cutoff numbers will be 351-520 

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

According to Cardinal Backer everyone is coming to Orange County.. but other studies and Schools dropping enrollment says other wise..

I live in Orange County. I promise you there are plenty of homes up for sale. They’ll be plenty more once insurance companies have settled all their Homeowner claims. He can believe what he wants too but the numbers are dropping.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:03 PM, CardinalBacker said:

You are wrong I'm sorry you got your feeling hurt

On 11/6/2019 at 7:19 PM, Realville said:

I live in Orange County. I promise you there are plenty of homes up for sale. They’ll be plenty more once insurance companies have settled all their Homeowner claims. He can believe what he wants too but the numbers are dropping.

No one is moving to Orange County, or Jefferson County, either. Southeast Texas isn't growing, hasn't grown in my life time. It's a shame, I think its a wonderful place. 

Probably the best thing that could happen is to combine a couple of cities and gain a stronger voice in the state and federal government. Populations over 40k getter access to funds and it's easier to sell yourself to outside sources.

There shouldn't be West Orange, Pinehurst, Little Cypress and Orangefield, they're all Orange. And while we're at it, cut down on all the school districts. No WOS, LCM, Bridge City and Orangefield, just Orange and Prairie View (so Orangefield alums can get behind the new school and a nod to the old name of the area)

It's so frustrating up here there are all these little schools with the barest of essentials (Legget, Goodrich and to some extent onalaska and big Sandy) when if there were just one school, there would be better educational opportunities at a better cost.

• 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I figure since the Cutoff numbers are being posted tomorrow, I'd bump this thang back up.  

Sounds good to me, bud.

The only thing is that we will lose momentum on the WO-S/Silsbee thread taking over the all time lead (Mid-County Madness thread a years back went 25)

24 minutes ago, Realville said:

The UIL released realignment and reclassification numbers this morning. Here’s what’s relevant to our district.

Vidor drops from 5a D2 to 4aD1
Lumberton goes from 4aD1 to 5aD2 

Baytown Lee has opted out 5a D1

Bye Bye 5A hello 4A for Vidor!

So Lee opted up??