SETX SNAP SHOT NUMBERS/POST 'EM HERE!

WOSgrad

10 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

If West Hardin is included in the small school it will bring down a whole bunch of D1 schools that weren't there this year.  I know traditionally all of the numbers go up slightly but I'm told it'll make too many schools D2 in that class as opposed to D1.  Look for that particular cutoff to stay about the same as last time. 

we shall see......

42 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Still no Crosby? Did they have to go hire an accountant again to count the students?😂. Curious if they are going to be Div 1.

They consulting with Highland Park.

Abilene Wylie hung up on em since it doesn't work for them anymore.

21 hours ago, Hagar said:

Proves my point about 5AD2.  Lee. & BH have a whole 4AD2 student advantage over Vidor, and next year Lumberton.  It’s not everything, but it sure helps if you’re bigger, or hurts if you’re the smaller school.  6A, even worse. 

So perhaps we need a 7A.  You could almost make a 5AD1&2 out of 5AD2, then split 6, and maybe leave 7A without D1&2?  Just thinking outside the box.  And the durn UIL won’t listen to a thing I said (unless it helps HP.  😢)

The worst manifestation of this problem is in 6a. You have schools with just over 2300 playing schools like Allen with over 6000. What a joke. I’m hardly going to slap anyone from Allen on the back for winning district with that advantage. You could make two 5a schools out of just the size difference between some of these schools and we’re supposed to get excited for that matchup? 6a needs divisions. 

35 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

The worst manifestation of this problem is in 6a. You have schools with just over 2300 playing schools like Allen with over 6000. What a joke. I’m hardly going to slap anyone from Allen on the back for winning district with that advantage. You could make two 5a schools out of just the size difference between some of these schools and we’re supposed to get excited for that matchup? 6a needs divisions. 

But on the flipside, the Plano schools, Alief schools, Some San Antonio/Northside schools are sorry.  Remember, half of those numbers are girls.  Most are at a demographic disadvantage as far as interest and participation.  It's the starting 22 and Subs, not the entire student body.....

40 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I’ve been told enrollment numbers doesn’t matter! 😂 If your good, your good!😂😂

33 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

But on the flipside, the Plano schools, Alief schools, Some San Antonio/Northside schools are sorry.  Remember, half of those numbers are girls.  Most are at a demographic disadvantage as far as interest and participation.  It's the starting 22 and Subs, not the entire student body.....

Right, but there is a clear advantage. It’s not a perfect correlation. But it’s kind of odd that a 4a school with 1000 kids can’t play a 6a school with a 1200 kids more, but a 6a school with 2300 CAN play a school with 4000 more. And while the starting 22 is all that matters, the odds of having a good player goes up with the number of kids. So even if the smaller school might be better than a big school in certain isolated cases, the big school still starts out with an immediate and obvious advantage. But you’re right that there are exceptions. 

38 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

I saw Austin Akins (6a school. I don’t know what enrollment) play Lake Travis this year. Even factoring in that they were playing Lake Travis, Akins is one of the worst football teams I’ve ever seen. I’d put any SETX 5a or 6a team above them, and Silsbee and West Orange as well. It was embarrassing. They couldn’t execute even simple plays. They couldn’t get off a punt (and I don’t mean Lake Travis was overpowering them, I mean they could not do the snap, catch, and kick part successfully, even in an empty field with no opponent). So there are some terrible big schools, but I attribute that to coaching. With a decent coach, a larger school has a serious advantage over a smaller one. 

4 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I saw Austin Akins (6a school. I don’t know what enrollment) play Lake Travis this year. Even factoring in that they were playing Lake Travis, Akins is one of the worst football teams I’ve ever seen. I’d put any SETX 5a or 6a team above them, and Silsbee and West Orange as well. It was embarrassing. They couldn’t execute even simple plays. They couldn’t get off a punt (and I don’t mean Lake Travis was overpowering them, I mean they could not do the snap, catch, and kick part successfully, even in an empty field with no opponent). So there are some terrible big schools, but I attribute that to coaching. With a decent coach, a larger school has a serious advantage over a smaller one. 

Even great coaches need good players.  I'm not saying whatever school you're talking about couldn't have been improved in some areas but you wouldn't be able to put the best coaches in the state at several schools and expect them to come out of there with a state title.  It's proven every single year.  And if it was strictly based on coaching then the same coaches would have the same results every year.