Galena Park North Shore 54 Beaumont West Brook 25/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I think Region 3 D2 will have alot to say about that bold prediction he got 😉

Don't get wrong there's alot of gud teams that will be in d2. And the things that wB will learn tonite will go a long way.u can't have a Special team that bad if u hope to compete against teams like this.jesus NS truly is a different animal.but at the same time WB has a few dogs themselves that will give any D2 school the blues.#2,#12,11 and even the qb for them is darn good. If they can get there kicking game right. Like I said I believe wb the team to beat in d2.

I believe I said 28 also even though it could have been 58. The shore looks good but d-1 is a mother-shut your mouthful with atascocita, Katy, converse Judson, Duncanville and according to Bert Broecker in the pressbox a renewed South Lake Carrol. This year d-1 is varsity and d-2 is jv. I can hardly wait.

All things considered, I thought West Brook showed huge improvement, especially since it was a 55-7 drubbing last season. The Bruins competed, tonight. The defense played pretty well, and even forced a few NS punts. The offense did well, but the best teams will struggle against their defense. Ns is the real deal, and while we didnt get the win, it was a step in the right direction. The 25 points the Bruins scored is the most given up by North Shore this season. Hell, Katy only scored 24 against them. The Bruins will be fine, especially if we go D2. Should we make it all the way to state, again, I believe the outcome may be different. I know it's a loss, but the measuring stick used in this game says the Bruins are doing something right. 

1 hour ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

All things considered, I thought West Brook showed huge improvement, especially since it was a 55-7 drubbing last season. The Bruins competed, tonight. The defense played pretty well, and even forced a few NS punts. The offense did well, but the best teams will struggle against their defense. Ns is the real deal, and while we didnt get the win, it was a step in the right direction. The 25 points the Bruins scored is the most given up by North Shore this season. Hell, Katy only scored 24 against them. The Bruins will be fine, especially if we go D2. Should we make it all the way to state, again, I believe the outcome may be different. I know it's a loss, but the measuring stick used in this game says the Bruins are doing something right. 

And if ppl actually saw the game. They would've known that  they squandered 2 other opportunities inside the 20 that they didn't get any points. And the kicking cost them big time.so they should've scored more.NS is a different animal. That if  u have chance to beat them.u can't make those types of mistakes. But I truly believe they will learn from this.

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

One thing for sure going forward, West Brook has to do something about their kicking game. Probably the worst I have seen this season.

It will cost them in a tight game in playoffs.

There has got to be someone who can punt and kick on that campus.

That’s about 31 missed or blocked extra points this year. Not sure if they even practice this 

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

One thing for sure going forward, West Brook has to do something about their kicking game. Probably the worst I have seen this season.

It will cost them in a tight game in playoffs.

There has got to be someone who can punt and kick on that campus.

This^ 

It was horrible

1 minute ago, Kowboy98 said:

That’s about 31 missed or blocked extra points this year. Not sure if they even practice this 

But it's not just extra points and FG's. Kickoffs are bad, giving up field position and punting is terrible.

A school with that size enrollment shouldn't have that bad a kicking game.

Silsbee (and other schools I have seen this season) has an enrollment 3 times less than West Brook but their special teams is much much better than the Bruins.

13 minutes ago, NetCat said:

This^ 

It was horrible

They need someone who can snap the ball correctly and someone to not botch the correct snap & get the ball down, also work on that blocking. 

Don't think actual kicking is the problem as far as kickoffs, not sure why they were having him pooch kick last night. 

Their tackling on kickoffs and punts need work too. 

11 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I said this in the West Brook win over United a couple of weeks ago as it has been displayed tonight, whenever the Bruins season ends, it will be due to missed PAT’s...

Yea but, PATs wouldn’t have helped. North Shore I’m sure gave everyone playing time. 
They are just getting ready for Duncanville again.

I was hoping for a different result in this game, but Once you see North Shore, the results that you seen were inevitable. I was really impressed with how WB was able to move the ball all night on that fast physical defense.  North Shore is not very big on the d-line, but they get after it. Couple of things I noticed.

1. No one on North Shore's roster could/can check #12 Thad Johnson.  This kid kept getting behind, around and through the defense, took hard hits and just kept on gashing them. This kid is special

2. No one and I mean NO ONE can tackle #3 from North Shore, Evans.  That kid is a man and it's just ridiculous seeing him looking like a 99 player while the rest of the defense is 60 (Madden reference) .

3. Why is NS short changing their offense by limiting Evans?  If you have a monster like that, ride him all the way through!  That game could have been over with in the first quarter had they let Evens play every snap.

4. I believe NS only threw once to Banks, so they limited this kid too.

5. WB's special teams is HORRIBLE.  Everything from the pooch kicks on kickoffs, the refusal to actually field the kickoffs (let ball roll into the front of the end zone), Punting (short punts and gave up a returned punt), and most importantly, the extra point attempts, Non were successful and one was returned the other way for a NS TD).

6. Why didn't Holland play?

7. WB has some really nice young RB's that will look good next year.

8. NS fans not really high on their team and they should be. That talent is unreal and you won in a blowout but some were still unhappy. I don't get it.

9. Yowman was really off target last night and he missed a few passes that would have been scores.

10. WB offense left like 21 points on the field even after their defense made a few stands.

I think if WB QB can be accurate like he normally is, this WB team will do great in the playoffs.  I think that If NS quits playing around and ride their monsters from the opening whistle, no one, except Duncanville, can slow this team down.

15 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I was hoping for a different result in this game, but Once you see North Shore, the results that you seen were inevitable. I was really impressed with how WB was able to move the ball all night on that fast physical defense.  North Shore is not very big on the d-line, but they get after it. Couple of things I noticed.

1. No one on North Shore's roster could/can check #12 Thad Johnson.  This kid kept getting behind, around and through the defense, took hard hits and just kept on gashing them. This kid is special

2. No one and I mean NO ONE can tackle #3 from North Shore, Evans.  That kid is a man and it's just ridiculous seeing him looking like a 99 player while the rest of the defense is 60 (Madden reference) .

3. Why is NS short changing their offense by limiting Evans?  If you have a monster like that, ride him all the way through!  That game could have been over with in the first quarter had they let Evens play every snap.

Maybe Evans should stay "under control" so he won't have to sit out a quarter. 

4. I believe NS only threw once to Banks, so they limited this kid too.

5. WB's special teams is HORRIBLE.  Everything from the pooch kicks on kickoffs, the refusal to actually field the kickoffs (let ball roll into the front of the end zone), Punting (short punts and gave up a returned punt), and most importantly, the extra point attempts, Non were successful and one was returned the other way for a NS TD).

6. Why didn't Holland play?

It was said last night on the broadcast they saving him for the playoffs but he's cleared.

7. WB has some really nice young RB's that will look good next year.

8. NS fans not really high on their team and they should be. That talent is unreal and you won in a blowout but some were still unhappy. I don't get it.

NS fans are a knowledgeable weird bunch, im used to em, it's not that they're not high on em, they've seen this all before in years they didn't get passed 3rd round. 

9. Yowman was really off target last night and he missed a few passes that would have been scores.

10. WB offense left like 21 points on the field even after their defense made a few stands.

I think if WB QB can be accurate like he normally is, this WB team will do great in the playoffs.  I think that If NS quits playing around and ride their monsters from the opening whistle, no one, except Duncanville, can slow this team down.

If that would've happened last night they would've put 70 on WB, not joking either.