Sign in to follow this  
baddog

I’ll Take Him

Garrett has been needing to go. Too much talent on this team to suffer 3 pitiful losses, especially to the Jets. Had chances to beat the Saints and the Packers. Bring on Meyer!

Urban Meyer sparks speculation about his interest in Dallas Cowboys head coaching job

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/urban-meyer-cowboys-coaching-job-rumors

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

8 hours ago, mat said:

I just can't see Jerry giving Garrett a new contract for anything short of a SB appearance. We'll see.

Urban Meyer......a winner wherever he goes. I think he would do fantastic with this team.

2 hours ago, mat said:

I'm going out a limb and predict Nick Saban will be the next Cowboy coach. 

He wasn’t very good at Miami.....15-17. That could change.

Even Jimmy Johnson stunk at the Dolphins. He did’t have Walker to trade for an instant winner.

The problem is not just coaching. It is a sizeable part, but Dak Prescott is not good. He 100% is not a 30 mill a year guy, not even 20. However, when they give it to him, they will be set back another 5-7 years, regardless of who is coaching. I didn't think Dallas would be a contender this season, but 6-7 through 13 games is far worse than I thought. I am afraid, with the financial obligations, and the loss of draft capital due to the Cooper trade, Dallas is still not finished falling. They essentially have to sign their own death warrant to re-sign Prescott. Ugly, ugly situation in Dallas.

On 12/2/2019 at 2:39 PM, baddog said:

Heard his name come up in conversations past. Who knows how anyone will do? Jimmy Johnson was laughed at, even by me.

Lincoln Riley would be a fool to leave Oklahoma, especially for this dumpster fire.  $6M in Norman, I'd keep that.  He would be run out of Dallas in a few years, more so as long as a Jones is running the show.

2 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Lincoln Riley would be a fool to leave Oklahoma, especially for this dumpster fire.  $6M in Norman, I'd keep that.  He would be run out of Dallas in a few years, more so as long as a Jones is running the show.

Its not a Jones problem. It the Jerry problem. When something happens and the son takes over full control. They'll dominate for 10 years.

20 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Its not a Jones problem. It the Jerry problem. When something happens and the son takes over full control. They'll dominate for 10 years.

Son has had a long time to watch dad.  Maybe he sees the wrongdoings and changes, maybe not.  Like father, like son.  Not a Cowboys fan, so I hopes things remain status quo.