I’ll Take Him

14 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Can't believe Garrett hasn't been fired yet

14 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Can't believe Garrett hasn't been fired yet

Jones has probably had talks with other coaches but none of them will agree to be a yes man to Jerry. Most of the ones who are potential candidates are very head strong coaches and would not want Jerry's input on how to run the team. So unless Jerry finds a guy willing to just be on the sidelines to look like a coach we may have to suffer through having Garrett again.

4 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

Jones has probably had talks with other coaches but none of them will agree to be a yes man to Jerry. Most of the ones who are potential candidates are very head strong coaches and would not want Jerry's input on how to run the team. So unless Jerry finds a guy willing to just be on the sidelines to look like a coach we may have to suffer through having Garrett again.

This is the problem with Jones' ownership.  He has fired or run off good coaches, because he doesn't want them getting more attention,  that he so craves.

Grab some popcorn Cowboys fans and get ready for Saturday.

Well, I know Jones as well as anyone else. Some other teams without the Jones influence have had coaching change after coaching change, QB searches out the wazoo, overpayment of unproven players, losing season after losing season, losing early in the playoffs, and yet still have the nerve to throw stones at the great organization that is the Dallas Cowboys because of a coaching change. All of the Cowboy moves are magnified 100 fold because of their name. I haven’t always agreed with the way things happen, but I still do not jump ship. No one, and I do mean no one could possibly know what might happen. If a new coach comes in and crashes and burns, then the “I told you so” will be endless. However, if the new coach takes this talented team to a Superbowl victory, it will be labeled a fluke.

Dallas gets reamed for not having won a SB in years. No one knows that better than me. Haven’t heard this about Pittsburgh, SF, Oakland, Washington, Colts, Broncos, etc....... again with the magnification. If all people have to do is hate a freakin football team, then have at it, but the haters know absolutely no more than I. Taking the negative road is much more safe than to be a true fan and hope for the best, while accepting the worst.

9 hours ago, Coach85 said:

Don’t be surprised if Kellen Moore is the next head coach. What kind of coach that has a proven pedigree would want to come in to Dallas and not have total control of his coaching staff and team. Dallas is not going to get a dynamic coach with Jerry there.

Zero chance Kellen Moore gets the job. I don’t know who gets it, but I sure hope it’s not a college guy. 

3 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

Zero chance Kellen Moore gets the job. I don’t know who gets it, but I sure hope it’s not a college guy. 

What veteran/ex-NFL coach really wants to put up with Jerry?  Look at the coaches since Parcells:  Campo, Galley,Phillips,Garrett.  If Dallas is such an attractive job, you would think they could have done better than any of those in that group.

The COWBOYS are the greatest sports franchise in the world. Every coach, GM, player, equipment guy is intrigued by working for the COWBOYS. Most never get the opportunity. Those that do usually, not always, take the opportunity. Coach Parcells is on record saying he loved working for Jerry Jones. He gave up the job because he was at the end of his career and didn’t want to spend the time going through another season. The only coach that ever had a problem with Jerry Jones was Jimmy Johnson. 
Jerry and Jimmy were awesome together for 4 years. Something happened during year 5. They moved on from each other. 
I don’t know who the COWBOYS end up with but I sure hope it’s someone proven and not a young college guy!!!

5 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

The COWBOYS are the greatest sports franchise in the world. Every coach, GM, player, equipment guy is intrigued by working for the COWBOYS. Most never get the opportunity. Those that do usually, not always, take the opportunity. Coach Parcells is on record saying he loved working for Jerry Jones. He gave up the job because he was at the end of his career and didn’t want to spend the time going through another season. The only coach that ever had a problem with Jerry Jones was Jimmy Johnson. 
Jerry and Jimmy were awesome together for 4 years. Something happened during year 5. They moved on from each other. 
I don’t know who the COWBOYS end up with but I sure hope it’s someone proven and not a young college guy!!!

Not sure, but was Jerry acting as GM when Parcells was the coach?  

Maybe Jerry Jones should get involved in sex trafficking young girls. That would make him more tolerable, at least. I mean no one has flown the coop from NE for the owner being a pervert and criminal, but if he was more controlling, then no one would work for him.

Like Ty Cobb said, the Cowboys are the most well known sports franchise. Being the head coach is a job you have to take because of the prestige that goes along with it. Hopefully Urban Meyer will get it, if he gets interviewed.

29 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

This is the hidden content, please

I love the way the media knock on McCarthy is that he had Aaron Rogers to get that SB and all of those wins for him. What about the coaches who had Bradshaw, Montana, Starr, Elway, and......BRADY. There are lots of people in the know who like the hire. I am one of those “wait and see” before I make my decision. For me, the jury is out and I will give him a chance. If he fails, the “I told you sos” will abound. However, if he does succeed, will I hear congrats? I think not.