I’ll Take Him

Garrett has been needing to go. Too much talent on this team to suffer 3 pitiful losses, especially to the Jets. Had chances to beat the Saints and the Packers. Bring on Meyer!

Urban Meyer sparks speculation about his interest in Dallas Cowboys head coaching job

This is the hidden content, please

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at

This is the hidden content, please

• 1 month later...

The problem is not just coaching. It is a sizeable part, but Dak Prescott is not good. He 100% is not a 30 mill a year guy, not even 20. However, when they give it to him, they will be set back another 5-7 years, regardless of who is coaching. I didn't think Dallas would be a contender this season, but 6-7 through 13 games is far worse than I thought. I am afraid, with the financial obligations, and the loss of draft capital due to the Cooper trade, Dallas is still not finished falling. They essentially have to sign their own death warrant to re-sign Prescott. Ugly, ugly situation in Dallas.

On 12/2/2019 at 2:39 PM, baddog said:

Heard his name come up in conversations past. Who knows how anyone will do? Jimmy Johnson was laughed at, even by me.

Lincoln Riley would be a fool to leave Oklahoma, especially for this dumpster fire.  $6M in Norman, I'd keep that.  He would be run out of Dallas in a few years, more so as long as a Jones is running the show.

2 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Lincoln Riley would be a fool to leave Oklahoma, especially for this dumpster fire.  $6M in Norman, I'd keep that.  He would be run out of Dallas in a few years, more so as long as a Jones is running the show.

Its not a Jones problem. It the Jerry problem. When something happens and the son takes over full control. They'll dominate for 10 years.

20 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Its not a Jones problem. It the Jerry problem. When something happens and the son takes over full control. They'll dominate for 10 years.

Son has had a long time to watch dad.  Maybe he sees the wrongdoings and changes, maybe not.  Like father, like son.  Not a Cowboys fan, so I hopes things remain status quo.

On 12/6/2019 at 12:28 PM, Coach 01 said:

The problem is not just coaching. It is a sizeable part, but Dak Prescott is not good. He 100% is not a 30 mill a year guy, not even 20. However, when they give it to him, they will be set back another 5-7 years, regardless of who is coaching. I didn't think Dallas would be a contender this season, but 6-7 through 13 games is far worse than I thought. I am afraid, with the financial obligations, and the loss of draft capital due to the Cooper trade, Dallas is still not finished falling. They essentially have to sign their own death warrant to re-sign Prescott. Ugly, ugly situation in Dallas.

Leading the league in passing is bad? Yes, there is a lot of things that need to be addressed, but most losing teams that fire their coach have e problems than the coach. This team has enough talent to make a deep playoff run. Can they do it? Who knows? I am the eternal optimist. Survived the Chan Gailey and Dave Campo years, so I already have dealt with change and failure, but carrot top needs to go. 

Dak is not the problem and as mentioned, he is the league leading passer. Is he worth 30 mil? I don't know but it would be challenge to find a better and cheaper QB. A good coach or organization should be able capable of winning a super bowl with a Dak caliber QB.

5 hours ago, baddog said:

Leading the league in passing is bad? Yes, there is a lot of things that need to be addressed, but most losing teams that fire their coach have e problems than the coach. This team has enough talent to make a deep playoff run. Can they do it? Who knows? I am the eternal optimist. Survived the Chan Gailey and Dave Campo years, so I already have dealt with change and failure, but carrot top needs to go. 

Passing numbers can be deceiving.

Jameis Winston is 2nd, Phillip Rivers is 3rd, Jared Goff is 4th, Matt Ryan is 5th...

Common theme? All teams outside of the Rams have losing records. Passing numbers are inflated when you throw it 40+ times like Prescott has done several times this year, typically because you are trailing. Anyway, everybody has an opinion. Mine is Prescott isn't very good and he is about to get paid like a top 5 QB when he is far from it. That will cripple Dallas moving forward. We will see how it plays out.

4 hours ago, Coach 01 said:

Passing numbers can be deceiving.

Jameis Winston is 2nd, Phillip Rivers is 3rd, Jared Goff is 4th, Matt Ryan is 5th...

Common theme? All teams outside of the Rams have losing records. Passing numbers are inflated when you throw it 40+ times like Prescott has done several times this year, typically because you are trailing. Anyway, everybody has an opinion. Mine is Prescott isn't very good and he is about to get paid like a top 5 QB when he is far from it. That will cripple Dallas moving forward. We will see how it plays out.

Yes, the pressure is on Dak due to a stagnant running game and a porous defense. I never know which defense Is showing up....,the one who actually only gave the Pats 3 points (gave them 10 on TOs) or the one who lets the Jets look like a super bowl caliber offense. Playing from behind is generally on the defense. There are several QBs throughout history that have great passing stats and no SB victories but no one holds that against them.

5 hours ago, baddog said:

Yes, the pressure is on Dak due to a stagnant running game and a porous defense. I never know which defense Is showing up....,the one who actually only gave the Pats 3 points (gave them 10 on TOs) or the one who lets the Jets look like a super bowl caliber offense. Playing from behind is generally on the defense. There are several QBs throughout history that have great passing stats and no SB victories but no one holds that against them.

Couple things to that point.

6 of the top 10 defenses are .500 or worse (Cowboys, Jets, Bears, Chargers, Rams, and Steelers). All top 10 defenses. Ezekiel Elliot is 5th in the NFL in rushing with over 1,000 yards. A top 10 defense and a top 5 rusher. The Steelers aren't bad because of their defense, nor their rushing attack. Its their QB. Same for the Jets, same for the Bears, same for the Rams, and arguably because Phillips Rivers as been awful at times. 

It is the eye test with Prescott. Yeah, he has some games here and there, and he makes a throw here or there. But he is bad a lot more often than he is good. Again, just an opinion. He will get that money, regardless. Hopefully, for Dallas fans sake, he can establish a little bit of consistency, and be better.