Evadale Basketball

@NetCat it is going to be a rebuilding year. We have some returners but still love to watch basketball. We have my son and 4 other seniors this year coming from the football team, a couple haven't played since sophomore year, but they were good then. We have a pretty good core returning from last years team, just have to fill #11 spot with all the shot blocks from last year. Coach will make some changes but I think we will be fine. should have some size and height underneath this year, one of the seniors that will be coming from football will be 6'4 Coach will just have to work with him underneath a little on positioning.

#2 was second leading scorer/ rebounder and assists on team from last year and will be back at the point. He has a couple of good outside shooters with him in front court and Farr will be back underneath with some more height. Some of the younger ones will come around and there shouldn't be any issues with them making the playoffs again.

Obviously I'm going to say Evadale wins it but I really feel it is going to be a close district with WH, since they have their 5 starters returning. Not sure who the other guy is talking about when he said a 6'7" player that didn't play football and was waiting for basketball. LOL, my son is a returner to the team and hasn't said anything. They do have a young one that was on JV and then left school and went back to Vidor; he was good on the JV team and was about 6'5". Heard he came back and he could be taller but he hasn't been at the Varsity level yet. His brother was one of the starters last year for the Rebs….  #2 (3 year starter returning) will be running front court again and Farr will be back underneath on the post. Slade and Kirkland back on the wings; so they have got a good core to start with and then a couple of other senior players and underclass man that can play ball. It is all going to be based on how the Coach gels them together for the most dominant squad on the court. #2 and #11 gave teams lots of trouble in the front court last year with handling the ball and shooting. will be a tight one I think in the top 2 spots.

Farr will be back for basketball, I think he is just worried if he gets released Wednesday by the Dr. he could get hurt in the last few games and take a chance of being gone the rest of the year in everything, Which then could hurt his recruiting chances. This would be the second year in a role for the same type of injury during football season. Maybe if he has some limited carries during the last few games he could be ok but when you carry as many times as he does and some of them very hard yards with being constantly hit. Sad for him and everyone else if he doesn't get to finish football. 

However at least he will be ready and strong enough for basketball.  We do have a 6'4" lineman underneath also. We should have plenty of height and physical size underneath.

• 4 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, NetCat said:

Just noticed the Christian school coming to the tourney is the same one who walked out on Kirbyville the other night. Should be an easy win...just make a shot then hold the ball till the end of the game! 🤣🤣🤣

Oh really hadn’t heard about that.... Hopefully they stick around and just take it on the chin if that is the case.