Groveton at Deweyville

NetCat

Who wins???  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who???

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/26/2019 at 12:00 AM

I'll be honest, Groveton clearly has the advantage on us in just a few categories...like Size, Speed, Atheticism and Depth...other than that, we match up pretty evenly against them. On paper, this should be a blowout, but it wont. We have 3 key starters out tonight with injuries, that hurts much worse when you only dress 18...  Whatever the outcome, everything my boys have will be left in the mud when they cut the lights out tonight...THAT, I can guarantee.

1 minute ago, RedJollyRoger said:

I'll be honest, Groveton clearly has the advantage on us in just a few categories...like Size, Speed, Atheticism and Depth...other than that, we match up pretty evenly against them. On paper, this should be a blowout, but it wont. We have 3 key starters out tonight with injuries, that hurts much worse when you only dress 18...  Whatever the outcome, everything my boys have will be left in the mud when they cut the lights out tonight...THAT, I can guarantee.

Oh, I didn't know y'all had injuries. They out for a while, or just tonight? 

17 minutes ago, RedJollyRoger said:

The last sentence is what you gotta love about them, that’s all you can ask of anyone.

20 minutes ago, RedJollyRoger said:

3 minutes ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

The last sentence is what you gotta love about them, that’s all you can ask of anyone.

Yeah they always play their heart out. Got to love programs that are this way. 

2 hours ago, NetCat said:

Oh, I didn't know y'all had injuries. They out for a while, or just tonight? 

Yes sir, We should get 2 back for next week...the other will be questionable. Hopefully wet conditions will work in our favor tonight. In other news, apparently it looks as if we might drop down next year.

20 minutes ago, RedJollyRoger said:

Yes sir, We should get 2 back for next week...the other will be questionable. Hopefully wet conditions will work in our favor tonight. In other news, apparently it looks as if we might drop down next year.

That's good. Hey if y'all drop down you'll jump in Evadale's district. Shorter trips for everybody! 

16 minutes ago, RedJollyRoger said:

Yes sir. I sure wish we could've played the River Bowl this year. That's always a great game.  We just couldn't overcome injuries tonight...Obviously, I didnt wanna say that our "key injuries" were our QB, Center, DE, and CB.  We had 15 tonight at kickoff. Add in 7 turnovers and it was a done deal.

Good luck on the remainder of the season! Hope those kids heal up. And here's to the River Bowl next year! 

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit, I waited to reply on this one.  Falcon, no quit job. You claim to be a great mind of High School football, who am I to disagree? I dont know you. I will tell you this...injuries impact small school ball harder than others. What team can afford to lose their starting Center, QB, Safety and CB for a single game? Much less, when you only have 20 to start with?  No team can overcome 9 turnovers. Please explain how practice should go, without enough kids to give a scout team look? 

And Buddy, please continue to ride that SA train...safe bet. You're Titans are the true disappointment, all that talent but no heart?  SA's got D1 3A numbers, 18 Sr, 11 Jr and 2 So??? (That's just Varsity, they have a JV also) Wonder why they never make the short trip over to Newton or down South to Hooks Stadium?   Might help get them past Refugio, for once.    And you were wrong, it wasnt 70, it was 62.  And because you weren't there, you missed the strategic "Take 21 out!!!" call from the SA coaching staff (on film) because the 150lb young man was laying wood and wouldnt back down. Obviously, they're "well coached" the best part was 3 plays later when the SA players stepped over the young man, bending down clapping as he lay there semi-conscious dealing with a broken neck. I guess HS football means different things to different folks.

He's doing ok bud...physically. Clean C1 vertebrae fracture (no surgery).  Had to be held at Sr. Night after we beat West Sabine to make the playoffs...just too many emotions. Unbelievable young man with a heart bigger than the field. Claims he's losing the neck brace to go win a playoff game this Thursday. God bless him, he's strapped up in football cleats his whole, young life. With his heart and  his fearless work ethic, this young man will succeed at anything he chooses to do in his life. That's what this is all about.

On 11/9/2019 at 10:42 PM, RedJollyRoger said:

I have to admit, I waited to reply on this one.  Falcon, no quit job. You claim to be a great mind of High School football, who am I to disagree? I dont know you. I will tell you this...injuries impact small school ball harder than others. What team can afford to lose their starting Center, QB, Safety and CB for a single game? Much less, when you only have 20 to start with?  No team can overcome 9 turnovers. Please explain how practice should go, without enough kids to give a scout team look? 

And Buddy, please continue to ride that SA train...safe bet. You're Titans are the true disappointment, all that talent but no heart?  SA's got D1 3A numbers, 18 Sr, 11 Jr and 2 So??? (That's just Varsity, they have a JV also) Wonder why they never make the short trip over to Newton or down South to Hooks Stadium?   Might help get them past Refugio, for once.    And you were wrong, it wasnt 70, it was 62.  And because you weren't there, you missed the strategic "Take 21 out!!!" call from the SA coaching staff (on film) because the 150lb young man was laying wood and wouldnt back down. Obviously, they're "well coached" the best part was 3 plays later when the SA players stepped over the young man, bending down clapping as he lay there semi-conscious dealing with a broken neck. I guess HS football means different things to different folks.

You are so full of it...so are the Deweyville fans.  I got of hearing the refs are blowing the game....no that team was blowing the game for Deweyville.  I feel for the kid that hurt his neck but he lowered his helmet # 11 was already going for the tackle.  They never bent down clapping when he went down.  They celebrated a huge but never cheered and taunted.  

SA also does not have 3A numbers.  They have under 200 kids.