Evadale at Burkeville

NetCat

Who wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

2. 2. Close game or Blowout?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/26/2019 at 12:00 AM

2 minutes ago, TigerAlumni85 said:

Heard we may not start some of the starters and let them rest. Couple were out 2 weeks and coach wants them ready for next week which will be homecoming. Need to be ready for Colmesneil and Lovelady...….

Yikes, who's all out anyways? @WH34 said the quarterback was out and I'm not believing that till I hear it from other sources. I know the Farr kid is out for at least a bit but that's the only one I'm sure of. 

I know Farr is out one more week, the other kid that broke his leg is obviously out, I haven't heard anything about our QB, seen him last night at Walmart with another group of our boys and there were no issues. He, my son and a couple of others run together and they all go out to eat every Thursday, team bonding. My son is starting WR & CB and he said nothing about our QB hurt. If he is out it would only be because of my earlier statement that the starters were going to be sitting a lot because didn't want to take chances of anyone getting hurt and that will give them 2 weeks of rest, which is huge. We normally play our lower classman in these games, for experience. The second string QB is a good one and can run and throw, he would be fine if he plays. My son told me first of the week he wasn't going to be starting at CB position this week so he could rest but would be out at WR.

42 minutes ago, Rebsfan96 said:

@NetCat @WH34I heard they were sitting the QB and all the basketball guys out. They should still be able to get the W even with sitting out most of the kids I think.

8 minutes ago, NetCat said:

Why did you vote for Burkeville in a blowout then? 

Lol, Day drinking isn't for everybody @Rebsfan96 

47 minutes ago, TigerAlumni85 said:

I know Farr is out one more week, the other kid that broke his leg is obviously out, I haven't heard anything about our QB, seen him last night at Walmart with another group of our boys and there were no issues. He, my son and a couple of others run together and they all go out to eat every Thursday, team bonding. My son is starting WR & CB and he said nothing about our QB hurt. If he is out it would only be because of my earlier statement that the starters were going to be sitting a lot because didn't want to take chances of anyone getting hurt and that will give them 2 weeks of rest, which is huge. We normally play our lower classman in these games, for experience. The second string QB is a good one and can run and throw, he would be fine if he plays. My son told me first of the week he wasn't going to be starting at CB position this week so he could rest but would be out at WR.

Thank you for the info!

I still don't think it is going to be close. The freshman QB coming in is going to be a very good one next few years and can play some ball now. He can throw and he can run. Also the running backs they will be using have lots of speed and can also move the ball. the WR's we will have playing can also catch the ball. Only 5 of the seniors playing football play basketball, so we will still have a talented group on the field with lots of speed. Also, just partial to the Reb's….. LOL 

1 minute ago, TigerAlumni85 said:

I do love football and don't want to rush it but cant wait for Basketball... Going to be an exciting season.....

Why exciting? I thought it was going to be a rebuilding year for the Rebs? Was I misinformed?

@TigerAlumni85 will you make a thread in the basketball Forum to answer though, so we don't get our hands swatted for getting off topic lol. 

I must've accidentally clicked Burke! haha No chance they blow Evadale out! I don't think this is a rebuilding year for basketball at all!! There are some STUDS this year. I'd even say the best group coming through in the last 4 years. They are going to make last year's team look like some chumps! I heard they have some transplants that didn't play football because they were getting ready for basketball too. Apparently there is a 6'7" junior that came this year.