Best Smoked Sausage

SmashMouth

Something I really love is Sausage. Pan sausage, Breakfast sausage links and my ever favorite, smoked "rope" sausage.

What's y'all's favorite? I'm mainly talking about the store bought variety, but go ahead and tell us what you like.

I really like Harrington's (Medium, Spicy, green onion, creole, you name it...) in Gumbo, on the smoker, in the oven, it's all good!. I love me some Zummo's links too, but never in gumbo - on a grill/smoker or in a skillet. Beasley's is good too! We've got a lot of local smokehouses that put out some good stuff. Surprisingly enough, Market Basket makes a variety of REALLY good sausage!

Never really cared for an "Eckrich" style sausage. To each his own...

What y'all got?

Any sausage from Green’s Sausage House in Zabcikville, Tx. (outside of Temple, Tx)

Description

Zabcikville, Texas is an unincorporated community in east Bell County, Texas with a population of about 40 according to a 1990 estimate. Zabcikville is known for Green's Sausage House, the only remaining open business in town, that serves as a restaurant and a store for residents and people passing through.

6 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

Any sausage from Green’s Sausage House in Zabcikville, Tx. (outside of Temple, Tx)

Description

Zabcikville, Texas is an unincorporated community in east Bell County, Texas with a population of about 40 according to a 1990 estimate. Zabcikville is known for Green's Sausage House, the only remaining open business in town, that serves as a restaurant and a store for residents and people passing through.

Gotta try it. Thx!

10 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Italian sausage from Nick's in port Arthur was the best. Been trying to find something close to that since they shut down a few years ago. Green's looks legit after I checked their site. I look forward to trying it out. Thanks

Agreed. I forgot about that. And their boudin was off the chain... Gonna miss that boudin.

1 hour ago, NetCat said:

Who has the best boudin around? After reading this thread I'm cooking that for supper tonight 😂😂😂

Go to Scott, La. Might not make it home in time for supper, but you can eat it on the way!

Billy's, The Best Stop or Don's...can't go wrong with any of them. I like Billy's. Their cracklins are freakin good too! And the Cajun Boudin eggroll w/ jack cheese. I'm drooling...

Beasley’s green onion is a great one.  For pan sausage, Owens is my favorite.  I love the rare times I can get my wife to make spaghetti and use hamburger and a pound of Owens Hot pan sausage mixed in.  She hates the hot 😢.   Market Basket Pepper Jack Cheese boudin is good too.

On 10/21/2019 at 3:18 PM, SmashMouth said:

Go to Scott, La. Might not make it home in time for supper, but you can eat it on the way!

Billy's, The Best Stop or Don's...can't go wrong with any of them. I like Billy's. Their cracklins are freakin good too! And the Cajun Boudin eggroll w/ jack cheese. I'm drooling...

I just picked up a 5 pound pack at Billy’s last week. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I know what you're talking about. Reds or something like that? 

Yes. The man making the boudain just had an accident and broke his wrists. It may be awhile for him to get well, then he will have back orders to fill first. It was about a 3 month waiting list anyway.

1 minute ago, baddog said:

Yes. The man making the boudain just had an accident and broke his wrists. It may be awhile for him to get well, then he will have back orders to fill first. It was about a 3 month waiting list anyway.

I might have to get on that list for the Spring. Does he do the chicken boudain? That became my favorite before that closed. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I might have to get on that list for the Spring. Does he do the chicken boudain? That became my favorite before that closed. 

As far as I know, he does just the regular boudain. You could give him a call and ask. He is closed right now. Open Monday-Friday 8-5 at 504-6431. He does this out of his house. Pre-orders only.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Slovacek Sausage

This is the hidden content, please

Agreed!
Isnt this the original sausage on a stick from the old fair grounds?  They were located on the end near the small animal covers right before you walked into the pavilions.  Sausage on a stick with the old rolls on top.  Miss the old fair days.

Just now, Tiger90 said:

Agreed!
Isnt this the original sausage on a stick from the old fair grounds?  They were located on the end near the small animal covers right before you walked into the pavilions.  Sausage on a stick with the old rolls on top.  Miss the old fair days.

Yes and more importantly its the official sausage of Texas A&M Athletics! Get some every time at Kyle Field.

You can purchase it at your local grocer. I get it here in Silsbee at Brookeshire Bros.

On 10/20/2019 at 12:59 PM, SmashMouth said:

Something I really love is Sausage. Pan sausage, Breakfast sausage links and my ever favorite, smoked "rope" sausage.

What's y'all's favorite? I'm mainly talking about the store bought variety, but go ahead and tell us what you like.

I really like Harrington's (Medium, Spicy, green onion, creole, you name it...) in Gumbo, on the smoker, in the oven, it's all good!. I love me some Zummo's links too, but never in gumbo - on a grill/smoker or in a skillet. Beasley's is good too! We've got a lot of local smokehouses that put out some good stuff. Surprisingly enough, Market Basket makes a variety of REALLY good sausage!

Never really cared for an "Eckrich" style sausage. To each his own...

What y'all got?

Tried the MB green onion.   Put it on the grill with a little Bullseye bbq sauce.  Hot dang that’s good.