World Series - Houston Astros vs. Washington Nationals

9 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Taking Urquidy out at that time gives Hinch a bit of a safety net if this series goes to 7. He can give you 2-3 innings in that game.

Sounds good, and in hindsight, looks good, but this was before the Bregman slam and I am still trying to win game 4, because if we lose this game to a weak bullpen performance, we go down 3-1. Maybe this is why I am not a MLB manager, but that call was still questionable, especially looking ahead to game 7 when game 4 is not in the bag.

Also, if Hinch needs Urquidy for game 7, it is 4 days away. Kitchen sink?

24 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Can we decline home field for game 6?

Last I checked standing room only for gm 6 was at $630. I dont think Astros management wants to give up all that money for ticket sells. But we could let JV hit and give up the DH. Lol. No seriously, not with Alvarez going 3 for 3 with a HR tonight.

5 hours ago, mat said:

As a fan I should have known they were good enough to go to Washington for a sweep but I had written them off. I should have know better.

Never give up. This is a game of failure. Think about it. If you were to miss 2 out of 3 things at your job everyday. You'd get fired or lose money. In baseball, if you succeed and get a hit 1 out of 3 AB, you could be the best hitter in the league. 

Glad to have you back on the band wagon. 

I am currently selling Standing Room Only tickets for Game 6 of World Series. Nothing close to the $700 per ticket. Got 12 for $75 a piece. I can furnish you a chair and a reserved spot around fire in my driveway for an additional $25. $75 includes two hotdogs and a 6 pack of beer. Need to have these sold by noon tomorrow. (need to know how many hotdogs to cook and how much beer to buy)

49 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I am currently selling Standing Room Only tickets for Game 6 of World Series. Nothing close to the $700 per ticket. Got 12 for $75 a piece. I can furnish you a chair and a reserved spot around fire in my driveway for an additional $25. $75 includes two hotdogs and a 6 pack of beer. Need to have these sold by noon tomorrow. (need to know how many hotdogs to cook and how much beer to buy)

Lmao. I prefer Michelob Ultra.

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Never give up. This is a game of failure. Think about it. If you were to miss 2 out of 3 things at your job everyday. You'd get fired or lose money. In baseball, if you succeed and get a hit 1 out of 3 AB, you could be the best hitter in the league. 

Glad to have you back on the band wagon. 

Ted Williams said baseball is the only sport where, if you are good 3 times out of 10, you are considered great....or something like that.

For me, the best thing that happened last night besides the “W”, was Alvarez’ HR. Hopefully he is out of his slump. Not many batters can hit that CF HR on a rope like that. I wonder how many feet high it got. I would guess 25-30.