World Series - Houston Astros vs. Washington Nationals

If you like starting pitching, this is the series for you. Looks like the following will be the first 3 matchups:

Game 1: Scherzer vs. Cole

Game 2: Strasburg vs. Verlander 

Game 3: Greinke vs. Corbin

I think an under the radar thing to look at is Greinke being able to bat in game 3. He is a very good hitter for a pitcher and this may play a big role in the game. I’ll call starting pitching a wash, but believe the Astros have the advantage in hitting, defense, bullpen, coaching, experience, and an overall better team. Excited for Tuesday! Astros in 6!

7 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

All games on Fox.  If you have Direct Tv, you need to make other arrangements.  

Oh great, more biased announcers. Nothing worse than hearing a biased broadcaster. The Yankee series would have been worse had it been on ESPN. They love them some Yanks and Red Sox. So glad they are not playing in the WS.

Fox comes through very well on the antenna. I was also able to view the Stros in 4K on channel 106.

8 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Channel 106 shows the Fox games on Direct?

Channel 219....FS1, which is Fox Sports. Same game and announcers on 106. 4K with very few commercials.

I guess if Fox, channel 4 carries the games, things will change.  Wont be able to record from the antenna.

14 hours ago, baddog said:

Channel 219....FS1, which is Fox Sports. Same game and announcers on 106. 4K with very few commercials.

I guess if Fox, channel 4 carries the games, things will change.  Wont be able to record from the antenna.

Wait you can watch it on FS1??? I got a freaking antenna for nothing!!! Lol

1 hour ago, NetCat said:

Wait you can watch it on FS1??? I got a freaking antenna for nothing!!! Lol

Pjs Mack says it’s on Fox, which it KBMT channel 4 on Direct. The ALCS was on FS1, channel 219 on Direct, or it could be viewed in 4K on channel 106 on Direct. If this is on Fox channel 4, you need the antenna. Pretty clear pic for an antenna. I need my antenna to watch most of my Cowboy games. Hoped that cleared it up.

4 minutes ago, baddog said:

Pjs Mack says it’s on Fox, which it KBMT channel 4 on Direct. The ALCS was on FS1, channel 219 on Direct, or it could be viewed in 4K on channel 106 on Direct. If this is on Fox channel 4, you need the antenna. Pretty clear pic for an antenna. I need my antenna to watch most of my Cowboy games. Hoped that cleared it up.

Thanks it did

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Game 1 of the ALCS was on Fox.  I went somewhere else to watch it.  I would prefer not to do that for the WS.  I guess I’ll get an antenna or figure out how to stream it from the AP.

I think Direct TV is actively trying to lose customers. I need to just cut the cord and be done with it. 

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Game 1 of the ALCS was on Fox.  I went somewhere else to watch it.  I would prefer not to do that for the WS.  I guess I’ll get an antenna or figure out how to stream it from the AP.

I think Direct TV is actively trying to lose customers. I need to just cut the cord and be done with it. 

I'm almost there too 

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Thats up to you, but I can tell you, I had cable for years when it was TW, and I got sick of turning in a non-working box every couple months.....no exaggeration. Roadrunner internet was tops, however. I lose reception when a storm comes (you know that) but the positives totally outweigh the negatives. My antenna cost me $50. My wife called to complain about the Fox problem and Direct was going to send us an antenna but were out. They gave us a bill credit to purchase the one we got. Easy to install. Plug into the tv and plug into the wall. They have cheaper models, but I wanted to see my Cowboys clearly.

Last night they were on NBC (no antenna) and it was very clear that they kicked the Eagles arse. Lol

53 minutes ago, baddog said:

Thats up to you, but I can tell you, I had cable for years when it was TW, and I got sick of turning in a non-working box every couple months.....no exaggeration. Roadrunner internet was tops, however. I lose reception when a storm comes (you know that) but the positives totally outweigh the negatives. My antenna cost me $50. My wife called to complain about the Fox problem and Direct was going to send us an antenna but were out. They gave us a bill credit to purchase the one we got. Easy to install. Plug into the tv and plug into the wall. They have cheaper models, but I wanted to see my Cowboys clearly.

Last night they were on NBC (no antenna) and it was very clear that they kicked the Eagles arse. Lol

Hey hey I'm calling them to get that credit now 😁