How come Brook continues to produce good teams while the other Beaumont school struggles?

wbfan

19 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

You think the reason Central, Ozen, and now United didn't have sustainable success is because every coach they've had wasn't good? That's the go to with everyone from The Pear and North End, it's always the coaches fault. 

Ozen's coaches:  Arthur Louis, Thomas Brooks, John Clayton, Ishan Rison, Jeff Nelson, Keeth Magee, David Suggs, and Edward Taylor.

Central's coaches:  Steve Shaver, Marvin Sedberry, Enoch Dixon, Eric Jackson, Donald Stowers, Andrew Washington, Toby Foreman, and Jeff Nelson.

BU:  Arthur Louis

Now you, or any one, tell me which one of these coaches is an elite coach.  If you have some names, tell us why you think this is.  Steve Shaver did tie once for a State Title.  But, never really did anything else. 

Lol, see some good valid post here, pointing out many potential problems.  To use a car analogy - BU is like a Dodge Viper.  Car has all the power you want, but isn’t running right.   Is it the plugs, timing, filers, computer, bad fuel?  

One thing for sure, you get a mechanic (Coach) like Durley, he’d fix all that.  BUT, guys like Durley don’t come around that often.  Certainly one of the best HS coaches I’ve ever seen in this area.  Just hope BU can get that Viper running right.

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Ozen's coaches:  Arthur Louis, Thomas Brooks, John Clayton, Ishan Rison, Jeff Nelson, Keeth Magee, David Suggs, and Edward Taylor.

Central's coaches:  Steve Shaver, Marvin Sedberry, Enoch Dixon, Eric Jackson, Donald Stowers, Andrew Washington, Toby Foreman, and Jeff Nelson.

BU:  Arthur Louis

Now you, or any one, tell me which one of these coaches is an elite coach.  If you have some names, tell us why you think this is.  Steve Shaver did tie once for a State Title.  But, never really did anything else. 

Those guys had some success, how about Hentschel (RIP) at WB, he couldn't get past first round of playoffs, but did compete. Central and Ozen made the playoffs, but it's never been good enough. Folks wanted the Hebert days of winning a state championship and wasn't going to be satisfied until they got one or beat mid county teams. Let's be honest with this assessment. Houston area is where the majority of talent is at so the triangle is lucky to get 3 rounds deep now. WB caught lightning in a bottle last year, Central had a couple good runs, Ozen I think had one run. All that said, you could pick worse coaches then the list you have. You telling none of those years they were lacking on talent? Football IQ? Grades? Discipline? Negative towards program? Parents getting involved? All on the coaches?

2 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Those guys had some success, how about Hentschel (RIP) at WB, he couldn't get past first round of playoffs, but did compete. Central and Ozen made the playoffs, but it's never been good enough. Folks wanted the Hebert days of winning a state championship and wasn't going to be satisfied until they got one or beat mid county teams. Let's be honest with this assessment. Houston area is where the majority of talent is at so the triangle is lucky to get 3 rounds deep now. WB caught lightning in a bottle last year, Central had a couple good runs, Ozen I think had one run. All that said, you could pick worse coaches then the list you have. You telling none of those years they were lacking on talent? Football IQ? Grades? Discipline? Negative towards program? Parents getting involved? All on the coaches?

Coach Hentchel, wasn't he the old coach for South Park? If so, he was a great guy and a solid football coach. 

43 minutes ago, Reagan said:

True!  But wasn't one of the HC's in the discussion of certain schools!

I brought him to prove a point. WB at the time had talent, but coach Hentch couldn't pass first round of playoffs. Do you say he wasn't a good coach? He wasn't elite, whatever that means and those WB teams had some of the best talent to come out of Beaumont, still no further then first round.

Forgot to add, wasn't the current WB coach an assistant coach with no HC experience? People questioned his hiring and now has done good, now people are saying United don't get good coaches, but WB does? If the current coach at WB was doing bad, you wouldn't be hearing anything from the north and south. But... The west is having success, now the jeolousy is oozing, and all of sudden the talent at United can't win a district game, so let's all blame everything on coach. How about when United started 4-0 this year, where was everyone saying the coaching wasn't good? Heck, they donkey stomped PAM, who also complains that they have all of the talent with no coaching. Geez, I can't keep with all of the bad coaches (sarcasm). When has a really good team in the playoffs had a bad coach?

30 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Forgot to add, wasn't the current WB coach an assistant coach with no HC experience? People questioned his hiring and now has done good, now people are saying United don't get good coaches, but WB does? If the current coach at WB was doing bad, you wouldn't be hearing anything from the north and south. But... The west is having success, now the jeolousy is oozing, and all of sudden the talent at United can't win a district game, so let's all blame everything on coach. How about when United started 4-0 this year, where was everyone saying the coaching wasn't good? Heck, they donkey stomped PAM, who also complains that they have all of the talent with no coaching. Geez, I can't keep with all of the bad coaches (sarcasm). When has a really good team in the playoffs had a bad coach?

As far as Memorial i think it's more of the kids not buying in, then coaching, then fan support which is negative support unlike myself and others. 

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

I brought him to prove a point. WB at the time had talent, but coach Hentch couldn't pass first round of playoffs. Do you say he wasn't a good coach? He wasn't elite, whatever that means and those WB teams had some of the best talent to come out of Beaumont, still no further then first round.

Maybe he was a good coach but not a great coach! 

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

Did Hentch coach in 90 cause if so he went to 3rd or 4th round in Small school 5A

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

True!  But wasn't one of the HC's in the discussion of certain schools!

I only asked because I haven't heard that name in a while. Met him when I was in the 8th grade as a PA kid. He would always tease me and tell me that I should've move to BMT with my uncle and play for him. Every time I would see him we would talk, not just about sports, but about life, just anything. Played against him in 84, 85, and 86. He left a great impression on me, and I had tons of respect for him.

45 minutes ago, BoGip7387 said:

I only asked because I haven't heard that name in a while. Met him when I was in the 8th grade as a PA kid. He would always tease me and tell me that I should've move to BMT with my uncle and play for him. Every time I would see him we would talk, not just about sports, but about life, just anything. Played against him in 84, 85, and 86. He left a great impression on me, and I had tons of respect for him.

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

Maybe he was a good coach but not a great coach! 

So, you saying United needs a great coach to win ball games? That would go against people saying the school is full of talent. Wouldn't it? I mean usually schools say PNG, Nederland has better coaches that's why their successful in going to the playoffs most years and at times go 3 rounds deep. United should be able to go to the playoffs and sometimes 3 rounds deep with just an average coach with all of thier talent? I'm messing with y'all, but see an argument can be made?

10 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

So, you saying United needs a great coach to win ball games? That would go against people saying the school is full of talent. Wouldn't it? I mean usually schools say PNG, Nederland has better coaches that's why their successful in going to the playoffs most years and at times go 3 rounds deep. United should be able to go to the playoffs and sometimes 3 rounds deep with just an average coach with all of thier talent? I'm messing with y'all, but see an argument can be made?

Sure it takes good coaching, but there are many other things.  Tradition is often overlooked.  It brings the kids buying in and fan support.  WB was fortunate enough to start off with a great Coach who won State & started tradition.  The Mid-County schools have had winning traditions, and tons of fan support, forever.  What has South & North Bmt had?  SP & French - Ozen & Central - now BU.  Kids probably have trouble remembering what school they are at.  Hopefully though, they’ll come together and build tradition, despite the obstacles.

11 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Sure it takes good coaching, but there are many other things.  Tradition is often overlooked.  It brings the kids buying in and fan support.  WB was fortunate enough to start off with a great Coach who won State & started tradition.  The Mid-County schools have had winning traditions, and tons of fan support, forever.  What has South & North Bmt had?  SP & French - Ozen & Central - now BU.  Kids probably have trouble remembering what school they are at.  Hopefully though, they’ll come together and build tradition, despite the obstacles.

I agree slightly, but there are tons of new schools where growth is occurring that are killin' it out of the gate.  

I wish I had the answers.

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I agree slightly, but there are tons of new schools where growth is occurring that are killin' it out of the gate.  

I wish I had the answers.

Good point.  Some of the teams around Htn are starting off like gang busters.  Freaking anomaly.