How come Brook continues to produce good teams while the other Beaumont school struggles?

wbfan

6 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

You think the reason Central, Ozen, and now United didn't have sustainable success is because every coach they've had wasn't good? That's the go to with everyone from The Pear and North End, it's always the coaches fault. 

Combining these two Beaumont schools, you don't think there's enough talent there to at least challenge for a District title? 

On 10/19/2019 at 9:27 PM, 82 5A State Champs said:

This post is completely relevant, because West Brook owned Central, Ozen, and now United. The talent level has been about the same, but the coaching seems to be the catalyst for better teams. But, when you win a state championship in your first year of existence, it sets a precedent for success. 

When was the last time Central or Ozen were relevant to being good football teams. I understand you are a fan of WB but the fact remains that WB, Nederland and PNG all have the same fans. Makes the playoffs, "So you are saying there is a chance?". You can start giving credit when every year reguardless of who WB puts on the field, it becomes unanimous that they are state contenders.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Ok. So Pear Orchard only cares about bball. I get it. I know. 

You missed  my point.  Parent influence seems to for whatever reason. Hold more weight in the west end.  Could be a various amount of reasons,but it's TRUE.  That was apparent when the talks of combining all 3 schools last year was done.

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You missed  my point.  Parent influence seems to for whatever reason. Hold more weight in the west end.  Could be a various amount of reasons,but it's TRUE.  That was apparent when the talks of combining all 3 schools last year was done.

While WB has the same on campus problems United has less of. I hear ya. 

10 hours ago, Tyler Dixson said:

wouldn’t say i’m tryna blame “privilege”. In all metro areas of this state, and i’m sure other states as well, usually the less wealthier schools are not as good. I’m not even sure what the difference is i’m this case. I’m assuming BU averages out to be less though. 

True in some cases... but def not all. 

Every school has athletes who never manage to contribute because of their personal “extracurriculars.” We’ve has our share over in lily-white BC. My GUESS is that there is tons of talent that never gets developed or sees the field at BU. That’s unfortunate. But I doubt it’s because anybody had to choose between football practice and sacking groceries at Market Basket.

I also felt like BISD admin was more concerned with making a “statement” hire when they selected BU’s first coach.  There’s something to be said about hiring the best guy you can get vs hiring somebody who has a lot of intangible qualities... of which being a top-notch football coach isn’t one.  

Personally I’d love to see BU roll over WB, but it hasn’t happened yet. 

10 hours ago, Reagan said:

Absolutely Durly or Hooks could have won with this BU team!  In my opinion they could be challenging for a deep playoff run. 

Nah... half of the team would have quit. It takes a special community to handle a tough coach. I know we couldn’t. Palestine  couldn’t take CT. I’ve got a feeling that the community over there wouldn’t tolerate a no-bs football guy. 

I hope that I end up getting proven wrong. 

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

True in some cases... but def not all. 

Every school has athletes who never manage to contribute because of their personal “extracurriculars.” We’ve has our share over in lily-white BC. My GUESS is that there is tons of talent that never gets developed or sees the field at BU. That’s unfortunate. But I doubt it’s because anybody had to choose between football practice and sacking groceries at Market Basket.

I also felt like BISD admin was more concerned with making a “statement” hire when they selected BU’s first coach.  There’s something to be said about hiring the best guy you can get vs hiring somebody who has a lot of intangible qualities... of which being a top-notch football coach isn’t one.  

Personally I’d love to see BU roll over WB, but it hasn’t happened yet. 

I don't agree with you much, but this point was spot on.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Nah... half of the team would have quit. It takes a special community to handle a tough coach. I know we couldn’t. Palestine  couldn’t take CT. I’ve got a feeling that the community over there wouldn’t tolerate a no-bs football guy. 

I hope that I end up getting proven wrong. 

You're probably right. But the 1/2 that stayed would end up making a helluva team. Then once the winning begins, the players will come...

11 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

You're probably right. But the 1/2 that stayed would end up making a helluva team. Then once the winning begins, the players will come...

I read an interview with Adrian Peterson... He was in Palestine right after CT left.  He mentioned that CT had kinda said that kids in Palestine couldn't handle the "Mustang Way" and that had a big impact on pushing Peterson to achieve.  

It's tough, man... kids have to be compliant with the program and if the kids have never been compliant (and possibly have non-compliant role models around the house), it's hard to coach 'em up. 

But you're right... winning fixes lots of that stuff.