How come Brook continues to produce good teams while the other Beaumont school struggles?

wbfan

21 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Curious:  In this BU situation -- you think the HC is the "fall guy" and nothing more?   

You think the reason Central, Ozen, and now United didn't have sustainable success is because every coach they've had wasn't good? That's the go to with everyone from The Pear and North End, it's always the coaches fault. 

32 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Could it be that he was an assistant at one and HC at the other?!   Face the fact:  Some assistants who are good at at being an assistant do not make good HC's.  Again, just a fact!

Could it be that people expect old Hebert success in 2019 that's not going to happen because there's a influx of really good football in the Houston area at the 5a and 6a level?

22 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Could it be that people expect old Hebert success in 2019 that's not going to happen because there's a influx of really good football in the Houston area at the 5a and 6a level?

Also some of those kids making headlines over in that area are from around here. Families get better jobs and move. 

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

That "influx" you attempt to allude to doesn't appear to be a detriment to West Brook!

3 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Coach Lou was a coach at WB when I played. He was QB coach back then and was respected. At some point, folks need to look at kids as maybe not being as great as what thier parents think they are. Everybody hopping on WB like it's thier fault that Central, later Ozen, and now United aren't doing well? Come on, maybe kids aren't as good as what y'all think? Coach that left WOS was successful with WOS, Clayton and Lou we're good coaches at WB, now since it was Central, Ozen, or United, all of a sudden they can't coach? There's more to it.

So true

Coach Lou was a coach at WB when I played. He was QB coach back then and was respected. At some point, folks need to look at kids as maybe not being as great as what thier parents think they are. Everybody hopping on WB like it's thier fault that Central, later Ozen, and now United aren't doing well? Come on, maybe kids aren't as good as what y'all think? Coach that left WOS was successful with WOS, Clayton and Lou we're good coaches at WB, now since it was Central, Ozen, or United, all of a sudden they can't coach? There's more to it.

Coach AL may have been a good coach back then and possibly still could be but when you haven't Coached in 9 years and refuse to go to Coaching Clinics and you dont have a spring training then as a football fan of SETX I've come to realize your behind when it comes to what has changed and your not doing all you can to get your kids ready in my eyes for the upcoming season...

So true

15 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

Which 1....cause if my memory remembers they won in 90 and 91...that's 2...

16 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

Which 1....cause if my memory remembers they won in 90 and 91...that's 2...

Central won in 1990. Westbrook beat them in 1991 24-21. Central beat them in 1999. Central won 2 games in the 90’s

12 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Maybe they’re more interested in basketball on that side of town. I don’t know for sure but I don’t think WB could compete with the Ozens and Centrals or United so it’s probably not an athleticism problem.

I see what you're saying.  Ozen, Central, and United has dominated  WB in basketball, but no one dismisses football.  People on this side of town actually care about winning and beating them.  Apparently,  more emphasis  is placed in football on the West End.

31 minutes ago, Tyler Dixson said:

What’s the average salary of a BU household compared to WB household? I thinks that’s as big an issue as anything else. 

What’s the average salary of a Newton household versus a  Beaumont household?

I know it would be convenient to try and blame “privilege” again, but you’re wasting your time. 

It’s coaching and parenting primarily in my opinion. Definitely not a talent issue. 

21 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

What’s the average salary of a Newton household versus a  Beaumont household?

I know it would be convenient to try and blame “privilege” again, but you’re wasting your time. 

It’s coaching and parenting primarily in my opinion. Definitely not a talent issue. 

wouldn’t say i’m tryna blame “privilege”. In all metro areas of this state, and i’m sure other states as well, usually the less wealthier schools are not as good. I’m not even sure what the difference is i’m this case. I’m assuming BU averages out to be less though. 

For whatever it's worth, there are several middle class families that attend BU.  I'd venture to say it's about even at WB.  Believe it or not, many middle class families just refuse to move or live in the west end.  I personally know MANY of those families personally.   So I'm not buying that wealthy thing too much...

6 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

You think the reason Central, Ozen, and now United didn't have sustainable success is because every coach they've had wasn't good? That's the go to with everyone from The Pear and North End, it's always the coaches fault. 

Maybe not entirely, but you tryin to tell me Durley or Dan Hooks couldn’t have turned any of those teams around?