How come Brook continues to produce good teams while the other Beaumont school struggles?

wbfan

Back in the Stump era, the excuse was that all of the talent from the North End and Pear Orchard were transferring to West Brook.

Flanigan teams were OK and the zoning rules have changed, so that's not a critch anymore.

Brook is poised to make another run for state. 

United has talent without a doubt but for some reason the struggle continues. Is it the coaching? Central and Ozen rivalry mentality still exists? Something isn't right here.

23 minutes ago, SETXanalyst said:

Wait lol You can't make this post because WB generally doesn't produce a decent football team. Nobody picked them to be at state last year and put up such a fight, big props to them for pulling that out. But don't ride off of that high like WB has been doing that cause that would be terribly false.

West Brook has made the playoffs for 13 consecutive years.

29 minutes ago, SETXanalyst said:

Wait lol You can't make this post because WB generally doesn't produce a decent football team. Nobody picked them to be at state last year and put up such a fight, big props to them for pulling that out. But don't ride off of that high like WB has been doing that cause that would be terribly false.

This post is completely relevant, because West Brook owned Central, Ozen, and now United. The talent level has been about the same, but the coaching seems to be the catalyst for better teams. But, when you win a state championship in your first year of existence, it sets a precedent for success. 

WB and United has the same amount of talent and athleticism.   There is a huge difference in coaching though... but it's also a mind thing.  I dont know what it is, but when WB lines up across from United (and Ozen and Central), you just get wierd and uncharacteristic  play.  I just don't get it.

55 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

WB and United has the same amount of talent and athleticism.   There is a huge difference in coaching though... but it's also a mind thing.  I dont know what it is, but when WB lines up across from United (and Ozen and Central), you just get wierd and uncharacteristic  play.  I just don't get it.

Most of the talent that West Brook is getting comes from the tree...what I mean is most of there parents were graduates of Central in the opening years thru mid 90s and better paying jobs allowed those parents to move over from one side of town to the other to better themselves and there children not to include that most of the Coaches that are at United came from West Brook and West Brook received I believe  5 or so Coaches from Lamar that accepted their roles there and learned alot and brought it with them when the New Headcoach came into Lamar and Cleaned House....

12 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

Most of the talent that West Brook is getting comes from the tree...what I mean is most of there parents were graduates of Central in the opening years thru mid 90s and better paying jobs allowed those parents to move over from one side of town to the other to better themselves and there children not to include that most of the Coaches that are at United came from West Brook and West Brook received I believe  5 or so Coaches from Lamar that accepted their roles there and learned alot and brought it with them when the New Headcoach came into Lamar and Cleaned House....

It is really puzzling that tree goes back to the Charlton Pollard Hebert days when Beaumont was pro football capital of the world Imo Central and Ozen never established quality programs. 

57 minutes ago, zeroturn said:

It takes a collaborative effort between coaches and players how to achieve that is a good question 

Durley brought that winning attitude from Hebert on Fannett road to the west end and it has remained. Prior to the merger Forest Park had very little success. Pride, hard work, better coaches is a major reason for success at WB.. WB football practice and BU football practice is totally different by my observation. In the past WB would draw the better talent from out of zone middle schools and that helped as well. WB program is stable, BU will more than likely have a new head coach next season. Some believe its by design that a top shelf proven winning Coach will never get hired on Fannett Rd without having restraints on selecting his own staff. Until then WB will continue to dominate in football and this is ok with the administration. United will have success in basketball because they have a proven winning coach with decent talent. jmo...  

9 hours ago, zeroturn said:

It is really puzzling that tree goes back to the Charlton Pollard Hebert days when Beaumont was pro football capital of the world Imo Central and Ozen never established quality programs. 

They may not have over a long period of time but when Central opened in the mid to late 80s and early 90s none of the schools around beat them except for Brook in 92 or 93 I believe if my memory serves correctly....1 of the biggest problems is the educating of Football from your feeder schools. If you do a survey and look at the number of kids who didn't play youth football growing up and just started in middle school are not being taught the game from basic tackling to staying away from a punt that's not being fielded for a return....

8 hours ago, JustUs said:

Durley brought that winning attitude from Hebert on Fannett road to the west end and it has remained. Prior to the merger Forest Park had very little success. Pride, hard work, better coaches is a major reason for success at WB.. WB football practice and BU football practice is totally different by my observation. In the past WB would draw the better talent from out of zone middle schools and that helped as well. WB program is stable, BU will more than likely have a new head coach next season. Some believe its by design that a top shelf proven winning Coach will never get hired on Fannett Rd without having restraints on selecting his own staff. Until then WB will continue to dominate in football and this is ok with the administration. United will have success in basketball because they have a proven winning coach with decent talent. jmo...  

So is this why BU got the Coaches that the district needed to put somewhere besides West Brook and they took the College Coaches that were at Lamar a few years ago?...My point exactly....

1 hour ago, Hooohead.com said:

They may not have over a long period of time but when Central opened in the mid to late 80s and early 90s none of the schools around beat them except for Brook in 92 or 93 I believe if my memory serves correctly....1 of the biggest problems is the educating of Football from your feeder schools. If you do a survey and look at the number of kids who didn't play youth football growing up and just started in middle school are not being taught the game from basic tackling to staying away from a punt that's not being fielded for a return....

Central won one Beaumont bowl in the entire 90s 

Could it be that kids aren't buying into the program? I haven't sat on a WB side for a game, but I have for a Central and a Ozen one and it sounds just like a Memorial Titans game. Everyone is talking down on the program. Every players parent knows more than the coach. If the parent doesn't fully support the program, why would the kid that's playing? I don't know if the culture has changed for BU as far as fans go, but if you have kids playing for themselves and not fully trusting the system, you tend to break down when things get tight because it turns into hero ball. 

12 minutes ago, BoGip7387 said:

Could it be that kids aren't buying into the program? I haven't sat on a WB side for a game, but I have for a Central and a Ozen one and it sounds just like a Memorial Titans game. Everyone is talking down on the program. Every players parent knows more than the coach. If the parent doesn't fully support the program, why would the kid that's playing? I don't know if the culture has changed for BU as far as fans go, but if you have kids playing for themselves and not fully trusting the system, you tend to break down when things get tight because it turns into hero ball. 

Fans run down coaches kids Lose respect not good for program. 

44 minutes ago, BoGip7387 said:

+1, I ran out of likes lol

14 hours ago, zeroturn said:

It's complex A Louis got his coaching career with Durley maybe kids can't relate to him ,my son went WB during most of Louis tenure there with stump kids really responded and respected him.

Yes. As a former West Brook player. This is very true, Coach Lou was definitely respected.

Coach Lou was a coach at WB when I played. He was QB coach back then and was respected. At some point, folks need to look at kids as maybe not being as great as what thier parents think they are. Everybody hopping on WB like it's thier fault that Central, later Ozen, and now United aren't doing well? Come on, maybe kids aren't as good as what y'all think? Coach that left WOS was successful with WOS, Clayton and Lou we're good coaches at WB, now since it was Central, Ozen, or United, all of a sudden they can't coach? There's more to it.

21 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Coach Lou was a coach at WB when I played. He was QB coach back then and was respected. At some point, folks need to look at kids as maybe not being as great as what thier parents think they are. Everybody hopping on WB like it's thier fault that Central, later Ozen, and now United aren't doing well? Come on, maybe kids aren't as good as what y'all think? Coach that left WOS was successful with WOS, Clayton and Lou we're good coaches at WB, now since it was Central, Ozen, or United, all of a sudden they can't coach? There's more to it.

Got to have a fall guy I watched louis and stump run their offense pretty decent results 

Edited by zeroturn
Typo