Black and Gold Bowl... who ya got?!

jake94

Vidor, we need to talk.

We know you’ve been talking to Nederland, And everyone knows that you’d really like to be Nederland’s rival.

It’s true, Nederland does hate you. Nederland just doesn’t “hate” hate you.

They hate you more as an “opponent,” not so much as a “rival.”

Nederland has been hating us exclusively for nearly one hundred years, and I can tell you it makes us jealous to see how much attention you’ve been paying to Nederland. Don’t try to get between our hate.

It’s time to move on. There are plenty of fish to hate in the sea — LC-M has been looking good lately, and Lumberton isn’t that far down the road. Maybe even Barbers Hill would be willing to hate you for a while, since Crosby hasn’t really been performing lately.  

You’re a really, really great team to hate. I’m sure you’ll find someone. Just stay away from Nederland. 

With sincere but non-committal and non-rival hate, 

PNG Fans

1 hour ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Vidor, we need to talk.

We know you’ve been talking to Nederland, And everyone knows that you’d really like to be Nederland’s rival.

Nederland has been hating us exclusively for nearly one hundred years, and I can tell you it makes us jealous to see how much attention you’ve been paying to Nederland. Don’t try to get between our hate.

It’s time to move on. There are plenty of fish to hate in the sea — LC-M has been looking good lately, and Lumberton isn’t that far down the road. Maybe even Barbers Hill would be willing to hate you for a while, since Crosby hasn’t really been performing lately.  

You’re a really, really great team to hate. I’m sure you’ll find someone. Just stay away from Nederland. 

PNG Fans

I believe PNG & Nederland Fans are the only fans that believe Nederland is Vidors rivalry game.😂😂 I along with pretty much all Vidor Fans believe Nederland is just another good district game. Since Neumann left it’s getting to where PNG want even be a rivalry anymore.😂😂 But if it makes y’all feel better keep believing it.😁

56 minutes ago, Realville said:

I believe PNG & Nederland Fans are the only fans that believe Nederland is Vidors rivalry game.😂😂 I along with pretty all Vidor Fans believe Nederland is just another good district game. Since Neumann left it’s getting to where PNG want even be a rivalry anymore.😂😂 But if it makes y’all feel better keep believing it.😁

Vidor fans have definitely treated Nederland as a rivalry game over the years. And that’s fine, despite what I said in my post above. The more they’ve made it a big game, the more it feels like a big game. So it might as well be seen as a big game. I remember a student from LCM told me, when I was attending PNG, that they saw PNG as their rival, that they had their spirit week when they played PNG, etc. I was so surprised, given that PNG didn’t exactly get super amped to play LCM and that we had no idea it was a special game for LCM. But if LCM has started consistently playing us to close finishes the way Vidor does with Nederland, we might have noticed a little more.

19 hours ago, Hagar said:

I look for a few Pirates going both ways this week.  All things being the same, I’d take Vidor relatively easy, but this is Ned.   Pirates have historically had problems with the Bulldogs.  This one will be close.  A must win for both.

Oh, and another advantage Ned has, Vidor not used to playing on natural grass.  😂😂😂😂😂😂

You may see some playing both ways now as injuries may have finally started to set in.

7 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Vidor, we need to talk.

PNG Fans

Lol! 😂

8 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Vidor, we need to talk.

PNG Fans

Fine we’ll take LCM, BC and Lumberton next year. It would be nice to have some rivals that we can beat year in and year out. This will probably be our last time playing Ned in district so you can have them all to yourselves. Same goes for PNG like you said, it’s time to move on. I’ll take DC chances and playoff runs over faux rivalries anyway.

14 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Fine we’ll take LCM, BC and Lumberton next year. It would be nice to have some rivals that we can beat year in and year out. This will probably be our last time playing Ned in district so you can have them all to yourselves. Same goes for PNG like you said, it’s time to move on. I’ll take DC chances and playoff runs over faux rivalries anyway.

You really think Vidor is moving down next year ?

Always look forward to playing Vidor. Here's to hoping yall's enrollment increases and we can continue to compete. Can't get a handle on my Bulldogs this year, don't really know what to expect week to week. I'm in the camp that says we have some great skill guys, though some would say different. Should be another good one.

2 minutes ago, outanup said:

Always look forward to playing Vidor. Here's to hoping yall's enrollment increases and we can continue to compete. Can't get a handle on my Bulldogs this year, don't really know what to expect week to week. I'm in the camp that says we have some great skill guys, though some would say different. Should be another good one.

Big plays is what worries me, I know Vidor can play the physical game.

5 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Big plays is what worries me, I know Vidor can play the physical game.

We have a few that can go.....And can take it to the house quickly. We are far from a great football team but seem to be getting a little better. My concern is ya'll controlling the clock and cramming it down our throats. 

38 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

You really think Vidor is moving down next year ?

This summer I was told from someone in administration that as of the last day of school last year we were about 80 kids below the the 4a d1 cutoff..... I guess we will know soon enough. 

9 minutes ago, VPATH said:

This summer I was told from someone in administration that as of the last day of school last year we were about 80 kids below the the 4a d1 cutoff..... I guess we will know soon enough. 

When is Snapshot Day, and after that, how long before announced? 

1 hour ago, VPATH said:

I’m sure the flooding hasn’t helped either.

7 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Even if Vidor drops down, I think PNG and Nederland will still want to schedule them. The only downside is we’d be unlikely to see that kind of offense in the playoffs.

Wouldn’t be much of a problem with 7 Dist games afterwards to see all those shotgun types.  Have to say, it will seem strange for Vidor to not be in Dist with the Mid-County teams, if they do drop.

31 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

I’m sure the flooding hasn’t helped either.

I don't think Imelda will figure in to this snapshot. I know several families that are still here but have said once insurance is settled they are not rebuilding and will be leaving. We have kids in the high school program that will not be in Vidor next year.

10 hours ago, Hagar said:

Wouldn’t be much of a problem with 7 Dist games afterwards to see all those shotgun types.  Have to say, it will seem strange for Vidor to not be in Dist with the Mid-County teams, if they do drop.

Its happened before, a couple of times.  2000-2001 Vidor was in the "northern 4A (19-4A)" district with Silsbee , Ozen , Lumberton, Livingston and Jasper.  '88-'94  Vidor was still in 22-5a after PNG and Ned dropped down to the old 20-4a.

10 hours ago, VPATH said:

I don't think Imelda will figure in to this snapshot. I know several families that are still here but have said once insurance is settled they are not rebuilding and will be leaving. We have kids in the high school program that will not be in Vidor next year.

Honestly after being flooded twice in three years I don't blame them.