Black and Gold Bowl... who ya got?!

jake94

13 hours ago, VPATH said:

I don't think Imelda will figure in to this snapshot. I know several families that are still here but have said once insurance is settled they are not rebuilding and will be leaving. We have kids in the high school program that will not be in Vidor next year.

That’a not good. So they will stay 5a, but have 4a numbers? It’s going to be a rough 2 years. 

3 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Its happened before, a couple of times.  2000-2001 Vidor was in the "northern 4A (19-4A)" district with Silsbee , Ozen , Lumberton, Livingston and Jasper.  '88-'94  Vidor was still in 22-5a after PNG and Ned dropped down to the old 20-4a.

Yep, but it’s been a while.  I remember quite a few schools that were in our Districts that have been replaced, but probably forget a few,  South Park, French, TJ, Orange Stark (Bmt Hi?  Maybe, but senility abounds).  Ironically, in our area, 4AD1 is preferable to 4AD2, Lol.

1 hour ago, Rez Ipsa said:

That’a not good. So they will stay 5a, but have 4a numbers? It’s going to be a rough 2 years. 

Maybe not.  An earlier poster alluded to Vidor being 80 below 5A at end of 2018. Being a handful over will suck like a Hoover vacuum.

Four A has been good for Ltown, but not so good for Livingston.  Probably be a good fit for Vidor.

If Vidor drops down it will be because of enrollment losses due to Harvey. 

Oh well, back to the game, looks to be a muddy, sloppy field. This matchup is usually entertaining and should be again this year. Here's to an injury free game in the mud bowl, I mean black and gold bowl.

On 10/20/2019 at 12:51 PM, A BUC 77 said:

Nederland has decided to play a little football.  This should be a great game, as usual.  Depends on Ned’s offense moving the ball.  If they have good games by they’re 2 running backs, they win.  

There can be different levels of rivalries.

Rb's or Qb can't have a good game unless Nederland wins the line of scrimmage.  That is where they are showing some improvement, but has not been a strength all in all.  Vidor will make you battle for the line of scrimmage, 4 point stances and nose down, drive and dive blocking.  You have to be a little nasty to play in this one, Dogs have a challenge in front of them, but have a good formula over the years for having what it takes to beat the Pirates.  Should be a fun one, and guaranteed to be one last good roll in the mud with the Pirates on Jerry Mallory Field based on the forecast.

4 hours ago, astros4141078 said:

This is a huge game chances are the winner of this game will probably get the 4th playoff spot, with that being said I look for a hard fought game to the end with vidors defense making a few big plays in the mud hole vidor 21-17

How do you figure that? BH plays Crosby this weekend. If BH wins and say Nederland wins we have one less district loss tied with PNG for 2 seed and still to play that game. If Vidor wins they hold the tie breaker over Crosby and would put Vidor at 3 seed... 

7 hours ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

Vidor Defense pitches a shut-out !

I wish, but probably have to go back to 1979 to see the last time the Pirates shutout Ned.  I’ll be thrilled with a Pirate win of 7-6, 8-7, 50-49.  Just know Vidor needs a W.  Sure hate really needing a W against Ned.

20 hours ago, Brubaker said:

Rb's or Qb can't have a good game unless Nederland wins the line of scrimmage.  That is where they are showing some improvement, but has not been a strength all in all.  Vidor will make you battle for the line of scrimmage, 4 point stances and nose down, drive and dive blocking.  You have to be a little nasty to play in this one, Dogs have a challenge in front of them, but have a good formula over the years for having what it takes to beat the Pirates.  Should be a fun one, and guaranteed to be one last good roll in the mud with the Pirates on Jerry Mallory Field based on the forecast.

I think Monty will spread it out.  Keep out of the trenches.  Tell the kids to run to the secret dry spots. 

35 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Meta-Physical Speed vs. Analytical Variant Speed = Footballistic  Properties of Point Production Variables!

Or Something Like That?:)

And I had Heck with algebra, so this is way over my head.  You’ve definitely impressed me with your knowledge (whatever it is 😂😂😂).  Good job png9mon.

2 hours ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

Okay Pi.

"It's like a finger pointing at the moon. You focus too much on the finger, you'll miss out on all the heavenly grory"

Bruce Lee

Is that Zen?  You’ve got my Ying and Yang tied in knots.  😂😂😂