Black and Gold Bowl... who ya got?!

jake94

1 hour ago, chorizo said:

Nederland definitely has the team to win,alll depends if the d can get a few big stops,looks better with kids going both ways finally!!!If ya wanna win gotta put best 11 players on field at all times!!! potential is there to win out,I know it was Lee but offense was finally clicking!!!!

I’ve been wanting to see some of that from Vidor but we haven’t tried it much yet.

Nederland can score fast, Vidor plays very well coached hard nose football chews up yards and time, they seem to have a passing attack this year... The team that makes fewest mistakes will win this one. Weird saying this but Nederland has to match the physicality that Vidor has on the trenches. I’m a bulldog so I’m always going to root for my team. But if Nederland wants to make that next step forward we gotta handle business this week moving forward... should be a great game either way. Hopefully a injury free game for everyone!

42 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Hard to say, Nederland had a bad start to the season but they seem to be playing well now. Just the opposite can be said about Vidor right now.

Give me the Pirates in a tight one 28-21 we need it.

It could go this way for you guys. It's going to be a close one. It was fun watching y'all play last night. 

I look for a few Pirates going both ways this week.  All things being the same, I’d take Vidor relatively easy, but this is Ned.   Pirates have historically had problems with the Bulldogs.  This one will be close.  A must win for both.

Oh, and another advantage Ned has, Vidor not used to playing on natural grass.  😂😂😂😂😂😂

I’ve been thinking about this game tonight and I have made my decision...

If this game had been played week 1, I would have picked the Dogs because they looked really good in the scrimmages.

If this game would have been played 3 weeks ago, I would have picked the Pirates because Ned stumbled in pre-district and then played horribly against BH while the Pirates started with a bang in Crosby.

The game is this week though and the Pirates have only scored 27 points in the last 3 weeks. I think Ned will score enough to win this game. Should be a battle, but give me the Dogs to start living up to their potential! Dogs win a tight one. Much respect to Vidor as usual.