Channelview 28 Beaumont United 25/FINAL

WOSgrad

26 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

More playoff wins I can agree with but scholarships aren't earned on Friday nights anymore. There earned in the off season and summer months thru camps which cost money and for some they may not have or just dont know to help their child. Very rarely now does a Coach come to a school to see a team where as a standout kid whom has attended the right camp didn't draw the attention there first and he may spot another. Friday nights are for the fans and the pride of your city and your school being represented to boast and brag until next season comes back around for past and present players to harp on for years to come.

That is not true. Some of it is, but do you really think they don't go to schools anymore? 

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Look guys...  coaching has been questionable,  no doubt.  But the last 2 games, there were thrown interceptions the last two games.   This last game, 2 were thrown.  This last game, there was another sack that was taken on 4th down.  Coaches can't  throw the ball away.  Coaches also can't control the QB and make him throw to open receivers and not to double covered receivers.   

This 3 game skid is a combination of both kids not making plays and questionable playcalling.   

Iron sharpens Iron...Is almost universally seen as positive when wise people should be questioning,encouraging coaching and challenging. Surely coaches cant play the game but should have a very strong influence in the decision making of his players. The solution and search has eluded that "Coach" from being hired on the south end of town..jmo

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Look guys...  coaching has been questionable,  no doubt.  But the last 2 games, there were thrown interceptions the last two games.   This last game, 2 were thrown.  This last game, there was another sack that was taken on 4th down.  Coaches can't  throw the ball away.  Coaches also can't control the QB and make him throw to open receivers and not to double covered receivers.   

This 3 game skid is a combination of both kids not making plays and questionable playcalling.   

Do the well coached QB's make constant mistakes?  Does the WB QB?  Does Todd Dodge's QB?  Does the Aledo QB?  Does the Carthage QB?  

1 hour ago, NetCat said:

That is not true. Some of it is, but do you really think they don't go to schools anymore? 

Not the majors like they use to....for example..when Tony Brown was at Ozen until he did well at the camp and got rated Nick Saban didn't know the kid...Track Clubs did and after you hit Sabans radar then you have gotten every Coach in the Country's attention..

1 hour ago, NetCat said:

Just now, Hooohead.com said:

Not the majors like they use to....for example..when Tony Brown was at Ozen until he did well at the camp and got rated Nick Saban didn't know the kid...Track Clubs did and after you hit Sabans radar then you have gotten every Coach in the Country's attention..

That's why I said some of it was true. 

28 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Do the well coached QB's make constant mistakes?  Does the WB QB?  Does Todd Dodge's QB?  Does the Aledo QB?  Does the Carthage QB?  

Keep in mind, I'm not dismissing bad coaching at United.  I'm just saying that coaching cant fix players fumbling multiple times in games.

18 hours ago, NetCat said:

First person a coach will call is the kid's high school coach. To see if the kid is worth it

Not True anymore. Kids are getting offered on the spot at these $30 Satellite Camps during the summer.  Camps get them offered but their film will get them the Commitable Offer! Most kids offers these days are not even Commitable 

20 hours ago, NetCat said:

First person a coach will call is the kid's high school coach. To see if the kid is worth it

1 hour ago, Bugatti said:

Not True anymore. Kids are getting offered on the spot at these $30 Satellite Camps during the summer.  Camps get them offered but their film will get them the Commitable Offer! Most kids offers these days are not even Commitable 

You're telling me you don't think colleges call the high school coach at all? How do you think the college gets access to the kid's film? The coach has to send it from Hudl. I'm not saying that's the only way it's done...and there are always exceptions to the rule, but 99% of the time they call the coach. 

12 minutes ago, NetCat said:

You're telling me you don't think colleges call the high school coach at all? How do you think the college gets access to the kid's film? The coach has to send it from Hudl. I'm not saying that's the only way it's done...and there are always exceptions to the rule, but 99% of the time they call the coach. 

I'm telling you they don't. The game has changed. They'll contact the kid trainer before they reach out to his HC.  

2 hours ago, Hooohead.com said:

Dont run up your blood pressure with that arguement....we know the truth....

Keep waiting on these High School coaches to let your kid know colleges are interested. 1st thing they ask those kids when they sign up for a camp is list your Height, Weight and list all your social media links. Not who is your head coach and what's his number so we can talk to him