Channelview 28 Beaumont United 25/FINAL

WOSgrad

Just some food for thought, TF took over Killeen Shoemaker (6A) who was 0-10 the year (2016) before he arrived.  He went 0-10 his 1st year (2017) and 2-8 (2018) his 2nd year.  The kids have totally bought in to what he is doing as they are 5-2 overall, 4-1 in district play and on the verge of making the playoffs.  I'm just saying...

5 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Just some food for thought, TF took over Killeen Shoemaker (6A) who was 0-10 the year (2016) before he arrived.  He went 0-10 his 1st year (2017) and 2-8 (2018) his 2nd year.  The kids have totally bought in to what he is doing as they are 5-2 overall, 4-1 in district play and on the verge of making the playoffs.  I'm just saying...

I be alerting Soulja every week about Toby and nem. 

I wasn't at this game, but I followed it.  You're not gonna beat anyone when you throw 2 INT's, one in the end zone.  You're not going to win when you spot teams 21 points either. You're also not gonna win when you have the last possession with lots of time and cant even get out of your territory.   I'm thoroughly disgusted and I think it's time to shake some things up and throw some kids in the fire and sww what they can do and take others and change position.  I also think its time that someone take our OC's headset and take over.  What is there to lose now?  We need major help just to get in the playoffs.  Help I dont think we'll get.  Heck, we cant even hold up our end.  It'll  be a stretch of the imagination to beat LaPorte, let alone Deer Park.  

45 minutes ago, Bugatti said:

They got exactly what they asked for.  They ran that man off because they wanted more playoff wins. Now they can't even make the playoffs and the kids scholarships are way down  

That's a dang shame because BU has way more athletes than Shoemaker and now TF has that team flourishing...

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I be alerting Soulja every week about Toby and nem. 

And believe it or not next year  was supposed to have been the year they broke out. Roy locks has them playing pretty gud defense. And the 2 teams that beat them are playoff teams. And one more thing the amount of college coaches they have coming in and out. And it's no disrespect but I can assure right now that he will more kids go to college than BU. And  BU has more talent.

Edited by dj
Missed a word

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I wasn't at this game, but I followed it.  You're not gonna beat anyone when you throw 2 INT's, one in the end zone.  You're not going to win when you spot teams 21 points either. You're also not gonna win when you have the last possession with lots of time and cant even get out of your territory.   I'm thoroughly disgusted and I think it's time to shake some things up and throw some kids in the fire and sww what they can do and take others and change position.  I also think its time that someone take our OC's headset and take over.  What is there to lose now?  We need major help just to get in the playoffs.  Help I dont think we'll get.  Heck, we cant even hold up our end.  It'll  be a stretch of the imagination to beat LaPorte, let alone Deer Park.  

Heard the OCs headset was took after going 4-0....maybe they need to go back..hhhmmmm

3 hours ago, dj said:

And believe it or not next year  was supposed to have been the year they broke out. Roy locks has them playing pretty gud defense. And the 2 teams that beat them are playoff teams. And one more thing the amount of college coaches they have coming in and out. And it's no disrespect but I can assure right now that he will more kids go to college than BU. And  BU has more talent.

If nothing else, he has been great at using his connections and getting kids exposure to play at the next level.  

5 hours ago, NetCat said:

Thought y'all were gonna make a comeback there for a bit. But somebody said it earlier, it's really hard to win when you turn it over that much

Well the first INT in the 4th quarter was costly because we were around the Channelview 10 yard line.  But what bothers me more is the last 3 weeks we've gotten inside our opponent's 10 yard line, mostly with the running of #28 & #32 and come away with no points.  We get in the redzone by using the run but seems we try to get to fancy and come away with nothing.

It happened early in the 4th quarter of the WB game which would have made it 39-30 if we score but instead 39-23 and we never scored again.

It happened in the 3rd quarter of the King game.  We get to the 2 yard line and don't score so instead of 23-14, it stays 23-7.

And it happened again last night in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.  So instead of being 21-21 at halftime, we go in down 21-14.  And again early in the 4th which would have made it 28-24 but instead it remained 28-17.

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

When BU was formed, an exhaustive search around the state should have been done to find the right HC.  I'll defer to the insiders:  Was this done?

A list of approximately 70 applicants, even some that had won state titles but none had the credentials of belonging to Antioch Baptist Church...

9 hours ago, Yeoj said:

Hold up! Where is the dude that posted all the credentials of the United coaching staff back when the record was 4-0? 

LoL,come on man if you swoped BU coaching staff for WB coaching staff BU would be 7-0 and WB would be struggling. The work ethics,,knowledge,discipline,team work,professionalism,respectfulness and determination is like night and day in the staffs. BU staff are good guys but there's a difference in good guys and good coaches. They had to put them somewhere just not at WB. jmo...

1 hour ago, JustUs said:

LoL,come on man if you swoped BU coaching staff for WB coaching staff BU would be 7-0 and WB would be struggling. The work ethics,,knowledge,discipline,team work,professionalism,respectfulness and determination is like night and day in the staffs. BU staff are good guys but there's a difference in good guys and good coaches. They had to put them somewhere just not at WB. jmo...

True on the swapping.  Everything you have stated,  It all begins with the HC!

Look guys...  coaching has been questionable,  no doubt.  But the last 2 games, there were thrown interceptions the last two games.   This last game, 2 were thrown.  This last game, there was another sack that was taken on 4th down.  Coaches can't  throw the ball away.  Coaches also can't control the QB and make him throw to open receivers and not to double covered receivers.   

This 3 game skid is a combination of both kids not making plays and questionable playcalling.   

On 10/19/2019 at 6:18 AM, Bugatti said:

They got exactly what they asked for.  They ran that man off because they wanted more playoff wins. Now they can't even make the playoffs and the kids scholarships are way down  

More playoff wins I can agree with but scholarships aren't earned on Friday nights anymore. There earned in the off season and summer months thru camps which cost money and for some they may not have or just dont know to help their child. Very rarely now does a Coach come to a school to see a team where as a standout kid whom has attended the right camp didn't draw the attention there first and he may spot another. Friday nights are for the fans and the pride of your city and your school being represented to boast and brag until next season comes back around for past and present players to harp on for years to come.