Barbers Hill 21 Vidor 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 minute ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

We have to have a powerful QB, I agree with that. Just look at the years we were most successful on offense, all the QBs were like fullbacks. Also we do not have a tailback which is very important.

We have been missing a key power runner (Trenton Conn) due to injury the last 2 weeks. Hopefully he’ll be back by Nederland. But it does seem we’re lacking speed in the backfield compared to previous years. We are what our record says we are.

14 minutes ago, Realville said:

We’re not getting the power runs out of the QB position. The defenses are just keying in on our running backs. In this offense the QB has to get his share of runs to give balance to this offense on top of throwing a few passes here and there. 

We ran out of Quirantees lol but the complaint then was they couldn’t throw. Now we have a thrower and aren’t passing it. Not sure if we have an answer for that this year but I do know losing our QB to another school after he worked as the starter all offseason hurt. Hell he was the QB in Junior high, Freshman, JV and Varsity the last few games last year. So that will set you back when you invest that much time in a player and then have to ask one of your DBs to step in last second and take over. We still have a good shot at the playoffs and the kid at QB will give it his all for this team, I actually think he’s playing well given the situation.

Anybody catch the bagpipe playing cop at the Hwy 90 railroad tracks on the way out. We left the game and drove past as he started playing. Went across town to pick up our kid and when we came back through he was still playing. Man he’s got a set of lungs, must have been blowing those bagpipes for a good hour straight.

7 minutes ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

We have to have a powerful QB, I agree with that. Just look at the years we were most successful on offense, all the QBs were like fullbacks. Also we do not have a tailback which is very important.

Dude you have no clue. All you do is run your mouth and trash Vidor and the team. That tailback that you have trashed on here several times  has carried this offense for the last 2 years. There is nothing the kid can do if he is getting hit in the backfield every play. You don't have the backbone to run your mouth to the team or to Jeff. But your a tough guy on here no doubt. You must have been a beast when you were tearing it up at Pirate Stadium every Friday night. 

18 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

We ran out of Quirantees lol but the complaint then was they couldn’t throw. Now we have a thrower and aren’t passing it. Not sure if we have an answer for that this year but I do know losing our QB to another school after he worked as the starter all offseason hurt. Hell he was the QB in Junior high, Freshman, JV and Varsity the last few games last year. So that will set you back when you invest that much time in a player and then have to ask one of your DBs to step in last second and take over. We still have a good shot at the playoffs and the kid at QB will give it his all for this team, I actually think he’s playing well given the situation.

I know the kid is Playing hard and just doing what is asked of him. It definitely hurt losing our starting QB at the beginning of the season . I  am just stating what I am seeing and how we’ve utilized this offense over the years. One thing is for sure the kids are playing hard. It makes it a lot easier to support them knowing they leave it all on the field every game. 

Ok made it home from Egypt. Vidor D did well tonight and BH has been limiting everyone’s offense at least in district. You win next week and I think your in the playoffs. Tonight’s game wasn’t won until that last TD with 5-6 minutes left in the game. Playing that offense I never feel comfortable until your up 2 scores. BH left  points on the field with 2 poorly called plays on the 1 yard line in the 2nd which I thought would bite us, but the BH D played fantastic again tonight. 

1 minute ago, BHFAN said:

Ok made it home from Egypt. Vidor D did well tonight and BH has been limiting everyone’s offense at least in district. You win next week and I think your in the playoffs. Tonight’s game wasn’t won until that last TD with 5-6 minutes left in the game. Playing that offense I never feel comfortable until your up 2 scores. BH left  points on the field with 2 poorly called plays on the 1 yard line in the 2nd which I thought would bite us, but the BH D played fantastic again tonight. 

You have a good QB, a couple of shifty backs and receivers but I think you guys won up front. Bh started to control the line of scrimmage on both sides as the game wore on. Y’all have some big boys up front, what are you feeding them over there?

3 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

You have a good QB, a couple of shifty backs and receivers but I think you guys won up front. Bh started to control the line of scrimmage on both sides as the game wore on. Y’all have some big boys up front, what are you feeding them over there?

We feed em Bronco’s🤩Seriously though both lines are definitely what has lead to BH’s success this year ... the play well.

15 minutes ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

What are you gonna talk about , how you don't appreciate me telling  the truth 

You obviously have the answers on how to fix the problems with our qb and tailback and the offense in general. I simply want to know how to fix the problems. I mean you are so knowledgeable, you need to go talk to Jeff and Trahan and line them out. 

2 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

We looked good in the first 3 games this year but the last 3 oh boy. Not sure If it’s just tougher defenses or teams have figured something out. The Santa Fe game is what got me worried, I know the weather sucked but dang everybody is hanging points on them. Plus we had the ball deep in their territory multiple times and couldn’t do anything with it.

Lucky win in Crosby

10 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Well... thank you guys for playing like crap then. 🤷‍♂️

You are very welcome. We never played like crap. Never defended the pass. Vidor has my respect never meant to offend anyone. I apologize. I have no love for BH...To cocky and are trash.

4 minutes ago, GURU said:

You are very welcome. We never played like crap. Never defended the pass. Vidor has my respect never meant to offend anyone. I apologize. I have no love for BH...To cocky and are trash.

Trash is harsh isn’t it.   Someone from the MECCA calling someone cocky

7 minutes ago, GURU said:

1 minute ago, oldman said:

Trash is harsh isn’t it.   Someone from the MECCA calling someone cocky

Gonna be a good matchup when you guys get together. When do y’all play each other?

Just now, oldman said:

Boneyard....

You have seen Crosby, PNG , and Barbers Hill.

In your opinion which is the best Team.?

Honestly I thought Crosby had some playmakers but bad coaching and undisciplined. We had PNG I thought they were alright but definitely not up to their own standards. BH is just a well rounded, well coached team that doesn’t beat themselves.

22 minutes ago, NetCat said:

Great game, till BH got up by 2 it was a nail biter

I was definitely on the edge of my seat. Good game by the Eagles though we held Vidor to thier lowest points of the season as well as beat them by the biggest  margin 14 points. I think The Pirates will win out the season and take the 3 spot in district.