Port Neches-Groves 51 Dayton 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

9 minutes ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

yes he is a Senior. He started playing on Varsity as freshmen in playoffs. last year was out to ACL. Faircloth hasn't really treated the kid fairly this year along with several others. Looks like he is looking at building a younger team up. 

Man you sound like another area squad fans i know dearly. Smh. If these youngins can play then they should play. 

5 hours ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

Deslatte is out! looks like a knee injury. Looks like he will be out for the year. This team is suffering from a lot of injuries. Is it just me or is this team not excited and they are so boring to watch. I don't know if it is coming from the years of watching a class act like Roschon and previous teams play for the last three years but it has not been a fun team to watch this year. I was actually really impressed by the second string quarter back. What grade is that kid in?  

Second string QB is Barnwell, he is a junior. 

12 hours ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

yes he is a Senior. He started playing on Varsity as freshmen in playoffs. last year was out to ACL. Faircloth hasn't really treated the kid fairly this year along with several others. Looks like he is looking at building a younger team up. 

I think the exact opposite. Look at the roster. There are not many juniors or sophomores on it. This is a senior laden team. We have several kids that can run the ball and Deslatte provided a need at LB. It had nothing to do with him personally. He has been hurt every year otherwise he has played so I am not sure how you can say he has been done wrong. Name me a senior riding the bench in favor of an underclassmen that isn't right. I will hang up and wait. 

Faircloth has brought wins and a positive influence to this community. Been in involved in a youth program like we never had before. Has produced record breaking offenses. Sent kids to school on football scholarships. Never do you hear about bad seeds getting away with crap under Faircloth. It is a clean program that wins and has good kids. Does he possibly put his better athletes on offense and hurt the defense some? Maybe but this year I would say the defense is ahead of the offense. If you don't like Faircloth it is a personal issue and not something stemming from his accomplishments and what he does for the community.  

Wow! The player's love him, he is good with the community, and they win most of the time. My biggest complaint has always been the defense. But it looks like they have found something there. My biggest complaint with Burnett was the offense. So it don't matter who the coach is someone is always going to complain. The nature of the business. Personally I think Faircloth is good for PNG. And does anyone expect us to be as exciting to watch as it has been over the last 3 years? How many D1 player's come along and star at PNG? I mean RJ is at UT doing good things already. So he was a man amongst boys in HS. He was very exciting to watch. As for as Deslatte goes the kid stayed hurt. I don't think he was screwed by BF. He is small kid playing RB and he ran very physical. His body couldn't handle it.

Some interesting statistics....

19 - The number of playoff games PN-G has played in under Coach Faircloth

4 - The number of time PN-G has made it into the 3rd round of the playoffs under Coach Faircloth (Only two other times has this happened 1953,54,&55 / 1974,75,76,&77)

5 - The number of District Championships the Indians has taken part in.

86 - The number of wins under Coach Faircloth. (2 more wins and he will pass Coach Ethtridge for #2 all time on the Indians winningest coaches list.)

68.8% - The number of games won under Coach Faircloths program.

11 - The number of games needed to be PN-G's all time winningest coach.

3 - of the highest scoring PN-G teams in our History. ( #1. 579 points in 2017, #2. 492 in 1999, #3. 485 in 2010, #4. 479 in 2016.) 

3 - The number of times Faircloths teams lost to a team that played in the State Championship game.     (2009 State Finalist Brenham, 2017 State Champs College Station, 2018 State Finalist Fort Bend Marshall.)

37 - The number of All-State Players from Coach Faircloth lead teams.

1 - the number of All-Americans who played under Coach Faircloth.

Just a few stats to ponder about Coach Faircloths teams. I can guarantee that many teams in our are would be glad to take these stats.

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'd love to hear the reasoning behind this...

80% of the people, that do not like Coach Faircloth, believe that defense wins championships.  Even I believe that is true.  However, PNG has not produced a great defense, across the board, in years.  Our defense is good, not great, this year.  However, our offense has struggled , at times this year, and that is supposed to be Faircloth's specialty.  If we are not succeeding, as expected, in the only aspect of the game where Faircloth shines bright, then the argument is, why keep him. Another 10%, that do not like Faircloth, are the political minded fans.  These fans believe, because of their own personal brilliant coaching knowledge,  that Faircloth has the wrong personnel in the games, or is playing them at the wrong positions.  Either way these fans are never going to be happy with just going to the playoffs.  They expect multiple round deep playoff runs from the Indians every year.  Oh, by the way, the other 10% do not like Coach Faircloth solely because of his overall record against Nederland.  That is pretty much it, in a nutshell.  At least what I have heard talking to some if the disgruntled Non-Faircloth fans.  Just my observation.

Just now, prepballfan said:

4 - The number of time PN-G has made it into the 3rd round of the playoffs under Coach Faircloth (Only two other times has this happened 1953,54,&55 / 1974,75,76,&77)

86 - The number of wins under Coach Faircloth. (2 more wins and he will pass Coach Ethtridge for #2 all time on the Indians winningest coaches list.)

3 - of the highest scoring PN-G teams in our History. ( #1. 579 points in 2017, #2. 492 in 1999, #3. 485 in 2010, #4. 479 in 2016.) 

3 - The number of times Faircloths teams lost to a team that played in the State Championship game.     (2009 State Finalist Brenham, 2017 State Champs College Station, 2018 State Finalist Fort Bend Marshall.)

Just a few stats to ponder about Coach Faircloths teams. I can guarantee that many teams in our are would be glad to take these stats.

Amen Brother!!!

20 minutes ago, png9mon said:

80% of the people, that do not like Coach Faircloth, believe that defense wins championships.  Even I believe that is true.  However, PNG has not produced a great defense, across the board, in years.  Our defense is good, not great, this year.  However, our offense has struggled , at times this year, and that is supposed to be Faircloth's specialty.  If we are not succeeding, as expected, in the only aspect of the game where Faircloth shines bright, then the argument is, why keep him. Another 10%, that do not like Faircloth, are the political minded fans.  These fans believe, because of their own personal brilliant coaching knowledge,  that Faircloth has the wrong personnel in the games, or is playing them at the wrong positions.  Either way these fans are never going to be happy with just going to the playoffs.  They expect multiple round deep playoff runs from the Indians every year.  Oh, by the way, the other 10% do not like Coach Faircloth solely because of his overall record against Nederland.  That is pretty much it, in a nutshell.  At least what I have heard talking to some if the disgruntled Non-Faircloth fans.  Just my observation.

I think this needs to be a separate thread, instead of keeping a game thread from a week ago going.

2 hours ago, Eagle91 said:

does it really matter? At least people are on the board commenting. Smh!

I have no problem with the discussion or comments, I just suggested starting a new thread rather than keeping a game thread going for so long.  Especially since the current discussion really doesn't have anything to do with the previously played game.

2 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Being an ancient poster, 86 - 2 more wins and he passes Ethtridge, is monumental.  Seals the deal for me.