Lumberton 21 Livingston 9/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 minutes ago, Raider27 said:

We will see about that. Just you wait until we have our players healthy. Reply to this and about 2 weeks and let me know if you still feel the same way. 

You think yall will beat us? Honestly? I mean he transplanted to Livingston. I havnt seen Lumberton play but yall were supposed to beat us last year. District favorite ended up being the 4th seed

2 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Y'all won tonight, but no one should be scared to play against the Raiders. This was more about Livingston not executing than Lumberton being good. I have serious questions whether y'all can beat Bridge City. Good luck from here on out and pray y'all don't move to 5A. You're team is too slow and dare I say lumbering to do much of anything against a half decent team.

21-9 final.  Be safe on the way home.

But they beat y’all. What does that say about Livingston?

3 hours ago, Raider27 said:

We will see about that. Just you wait until we have our players healthy. Reply to this and about 2 weeks and let me know if you still feel the same way. 

Careful. No guarantees all will be healthy in 3 weeks. If they are then it will be a much better game though. It’s tough in small town football. One or two key injuries on a team that may have 30 or less players can be devastating. Each week can be a new story. I know we all like to huff and puff and brag on our hometown teams, but every Friday brings new challenges especially as the season goes on. LC-M & Lumberton both have a chance at winning the regular season finale game. Just depends on what happens between now and then. 

We're a work in progress. Lumberton said it was a contender for the district championship.  Different expectations. That why this is worse for you.

We have a ton of injuries so stop talking bad about Lumberton. I haven’t seen the boys so pumped up during a game like I did last night. And honestly if Livingston would get their act together they could compete in the district. Most of their penalties in the 2nd half was late hits 

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

So if you have low expectations of your team it’s ok to lose every game? Got it. Let me write that down...

You're just being obtuse because you didn't get the blowout you expected. Lumberton said it was a real contender for the district championship. It's not. 

Livingston was looking for improvement after losing 19 straight games. We've already won 2, been competitive in all but one and have stood toe to toe in district. 

Had we took care of the ball, we'd be 1-1 in district and y'all would be looking for a new coach. 

No I'm not happy about the loss, a game we could have won, but after the past couple of years, there's light at the end of the tunnel.

For Lumberton, it seems to be that this may be your best and it ain't gonna be good enough to reach your goals.

17 hours ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

We have a ton of injuries so stop talking bad about Lumberton. I haven’t seen the boys so pumped up during a game like I did last night. And honestly if Livingston would get their act together they could compete in the district. Most of their penalties in the 2nd half was late hits 

Y'all had some hits that weren't called. A kid launching himself headfirst, a DDT, a few late hits on our sideline. I wasn't gonna make an issue of it until y'all did. And the no class of your band starting to play when we're playing our school song, who does that? Of all the years I've watched the sport, the bands showed respect to the other schools playing it's song at the end of the game. 

So spare me the dirty play. And who cares if you had people out. We did too and it's not an excuse. You play with the people you got. 

You're not as good as you think you are. It's going to be alright.

1 hour ago, BearEssentials97 said:

1. You're just being obtuse because you didn't get the blowout you expected. Lumberton said it was a real contender for the district championship. It's not. 

2. Livingston was looking for improvement after losing 19 straight games. We've already won 2, been competitive in all but one and have stood toe to toe in district. 

3. Had we took care of the ball, we'd be 1-1 in district and y'all would be looking for a new coach. 

4. No I'm not happy about the loss, a game we could have won, but after the past couple of years, there's light at the end of the tunnel.

5. For Lumberton, it seems to be that this may be your best and it ain't gonna be good enough to reach your goals.

1.When did I say I was expecting a "blowout"? I expected Lumberton to win by 2+ scores - that was my exact post - they did! I've never said anything about a DC either. Ever.

2. I already posted that I was surprised and that Livingston should not be losing the way they are - they have improved quite a bit; however, I wouldn't say they've stood toe to toe in district. They've come a long way but still have a ways to go.

3. That's a silly argument - woulda coulda shoulda. There were lots of things that Livingston didn't do that, if they had, they would have won the ballgame. They didn't. End of story. Stop making excuses and fix it for next week. That goes for Livingston, Lumberton, Texas A & M, the Dallas Cowboys, (insert any other imperfect team here), etc. Fix it and getter netter down the road. I doubt losing to Livingston would be the call for a new head coach. Unless you think your team is really that horrendous. Because I don't. Maybe you ought to worry about Livingston and their coaching staff instead of pointing fingers in someone else's backyard.

4. I agree. There is light at the end of the tunnel. So quit making excuses for losing and keep getting better.

5. I don't know what you mean that "this may be (Lumberton's) best". But whatever it means, refer to the point in number 3. Stop pointing fingers when you've got as many or more problems in your own backyard. If you had higher expectations of your team other than making it to the game on time on Friday night, you might realize some disappoint too. Problem is, you're happy with a 2-8 season and spreading around excuses as to why you can't get better. Sad...

By the way, l did like the use of the word "obtuse" at the start of your harangue. It didn't really apply, but it was a nice way to start your rant of excuses for the Lions and hatred for the Raiders.

Y'all had some hits that weren't called. A kid launching himself headfirst, a DDT, a few late hits on our sideline. I wasn't gonna make an issue of it until y'all did. And the no class of your band starting to play when we're playing our school song, who does that? Of all the years I've watched the sport, the bands showed respect to the other schools playing it's song at the end of the game. 

So spare me the dirty play. And who cares if you had people out. We did too and it's not an excuse. You play with the people you got. 

Oh really??? Showing respect to the bands at the end of the game? Do I need to remind you what Livingston did to our band last time we played there? 🤦‍♀️ 

Oh and by the way our band stayed and watched Livingston band after the game so our band has a ton of respect for Livingston band and all other bands