best coaches in the area???

On 11/1/2019 at 6:06 PM, whsalum said:

I had the opportunity to be sitting beside Coach Foster at the regional tournament a couple of years ago watching a couple of 4A powerhouses warm up. I asked him how it would be to have that kinda talent jog on the floor the first day of practice. With out hesitation he said, it would all depend on what kinda attitude they brought with them. Told me all I needed to know. The small school guys don’t get enough credit, especially the ones who do it year after year. 

That's 100% true..  there are talented teams all across the state incapable of making deep runs due to their attitude/commitment.  In fact.. the "best" team in the state does not win the state championship on a regular basis.  But.. there are ZERO teams making deep runs that lack talent.  No matter what kind of attitude they bring everyday.  See the difference?

2 hours ago, DefenderGameOn said:

i look for kountze to very much improved from last year 

29 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

18/19      3-20.  Yeah.. surely they'll do better than that. 

It ll be better. But they are still very young 

the soph class is a good class and several of them got moved up as freshman.  I look for 20/21 to be a playoff year.

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

They will be better this year (of course they only won 3 games last year) but you are correct. The well is pretty dry over in Kountze.

They will be better but saying nextyear is a playoff year...highly unlikely...this may be there best hope this year to advance farther then district....the pipeline is dry and not looking to be pumping no time soon...I was told they were hoping the United freshman Yates went back to Kountze to play with his older brother and cousin but from the looks of it that's not gonna happen...

12 hours ago, Hooohead.com said:

They will be better but saying nextyear is a playoff year...highly unlikely...this may be there best hope this year to advance farther then district....the pipeline is dry and not looking to be pumping no time soon...I was told they were hoping the United freshman Yates went back to Kountze to play with his older brother and cousin but from the looks of it that's not gonna happen...

The soph class were very good in 7th and 8th.  If my memory serves me correct the only competition was ec during those seasons. If they all stick together next year will be a playoff year!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Everybody keep this same energy with these names on this list in late February and march. Lets make sure these guys are producing NOW... and not resting off 5 10 20 years ago. And save participation the accolades "he did the best he could do with those boys". You either get it or you dont. 

2 hours ago, GuWop1122 said:

Everybody keep this same energy with these names on this list in late February and march. Lets make sure these guys are producing NOW... and not resting off 5 10 20 years ago. And save participation the accolades "he did the best he could do with those boys". You either get it or you dont. 

Is Steve Kerr a bad coach now that he is losing?  You know , the same Steve Kerr that has won several NBA titles recently?