best coaches in the area???

22 minutes ago, HasBeen36 said:

Jeffcoat at LC-M doesn’t have the athletes that the other 5 has but does a fantastic job at LC-M. 

I think Jeffcoat and and Bryan Whitmire at Buna both could be mentioned up there with other guys as far as X’s and O’s goes. Two teams who no matter the talent will always be prepared. Whitmire just led Buna through some of its best basketball years since the 60s btw. 

11 hours ago, Tyler Dixson said:

I think Jeffcoat and and Bryan Whitmire at Buna both could be mentioned up there with other guys as far as X’s and O’s goes. Two teams who no matter the talent will always be prepared. Whitmire just led Buna through some of its best basketball years since the 60s btw. 

I completely agree. Also both guys love the kids so well and really shape them into men. Great guys

Speaking of Martin and Cartwright, both those kids can ball on the hardwood.  I especially like Martin.   Kid is a big physical body down low and he has a pretty nice 3 ball when he shoots it... nut it will be hard when you have 6'5" and up runing at you on the shot.  Memorial and United will have that running at you all night...

39 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Speaking of Martin and Cartwright, both those kids can ball on the hardwood.  I especially like Martin.   Kid is a big physical body down low and he has a pretty nice 3 ball when he shoots it... nut it will be hard when you have 6'5" and up runing at you on the shot.  Memorial and United will have that running at you all night...

is he gonne play basketball i know he has a couple of d1 football offers 

16 hours ago, Tyler Dixson said:

Agree completely.  Both do really great job with their kids and also both seem really invested in their kids.  

On 10/20/2019 at 4:35 PM, TxHoops said:

Which Green team?   The one he won state with at North Shore was LOADED.  

Yes they were. Didn't have the best player in that classification like the poster was asking, but they were certainly loaded.

Green is also the only coach of these mentioned that has taken 4 different schools to the state tourney.

Kountze, Central, Hightower and North Shore.

And no, no, no. Just like listing players, I will not list coaches. So folks stop asking me. :)

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Yes they were. Didn't have the best player in that classification like the poster was asking, but they were certainly loaded.

Green is also the only coach of these mentioned that has taken 4 different schools to the state tourney.

Kountze, Central, Hightower and North Shore.

And no, no, no. Just like listing players, I will not list coaches. So folks stop asking me. :)

Not listing coaches?  Political suicide?  Lol

3 hours ago, Bugatti said:

1. Boutte

2. English 

3. Joubert 

4. Green 

5. Sutherland 

I ranked them based off who has done more with less. 

If this is the case then English probably is 1 cause when Boutte won he had Dogs...2 NBArs with Jackson and Perkins..different eras...Lincoln was a powerhouse for years and Ozen was a Nationally ranked State Champion at 36-0...

1 hour ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

All 5 of those coaches have had college type players, all good coaches no doubt but if you are talking about coaches that had the least talent out of that group it’s English. Foster is another good one. 

Any coach can have success with the players some of them have had.  Players make it a lot easier.  Still great coaches, no doubt.  It's impossible to gauge who the best coaches in the area are because some coaches have an abundance of talent while others are forced to do their best with lesser talent.  I would definitely say that Foster is a great coach as well but even his deep runs he had a couple of college caliber players.

I had the opportunity to be sitting beside Coach Foster at the regional tournament a couple of years ago watching a couple of 4A powerhouses warm up. I asked him how it would be to have that kinda talent jog on the floor the first day of practice. With out hesitation he said, it would all depend on what kinda attitude they brought with them. Told me all I needed to know. The small school guys don’t get enough credit, especially the ones who do it year after year.